cheapest smart watch that works with iphone

9 replies
Found 14th Oct 2016
My daughter wants an apple watch for her birthday but I can't afford one so could anyone recommend a cheaper alternative that would work with her iphone 5c? Thank you!!

9 Comments

Depends on what you want from the smart watch as there are some cheap chinese ones, however if you after one with heart rate monitors etc maybe a microsoft band (refurb/nearly new) off ebay will be a good choice for around £50 I have owned one myself. I have since bought an apple watch as wanted the different straps though. Might be worth keeping eye out for a cheap 2nd hand apple watch though if you can stretch to £100+

Just in case you hadn't seen it, the older Apple Watch models are down to £199 at Argos

hotukdeals.com/dea…534

What does you / she actually want the Smartwatch to do? Lots of 'smart watches' are compatible at a variety of prices. Also, what is your budget?

Pebble classic are compatible and are priced around the £50 mark.

I'll be honest with you, if she wants an Apple Watch and you can't afford the real thing then don't go for a cheaper alternative as she's only going to be disappointed that it's not the real thing. My advice would be to avoid a smartwatch altogether and think of something else.

natah

Pebble classic are compatible and are priced around the £50 mark.

Yep, get a pebble.

4leafed

I'll be honest with you, if she wants an Apple Watch and you can't afford … I'll be honest with you, if she wants an Apple Watch and you can't afford the real thing then don't go for a cheaper alternative as she's only going to be disappointed that it's not the real thing. My advice would be to avoid a smartwatch altogether and think of something else.

That could result in even more dissappointment.
My daughter wanted an ipad mini, so I bought her a lenovo and she loves it.
Edited by: "jcodonne" 14th Oct 2016

I'd highly recommend a Pebble Classic. They're around £50 new and have customisable watch faces, useful apps and games. If you don't mind spending a bit more the new Pebble 2 is a great improvement coming in more colours, is more stylish imo and has step tracking and a heart rate monitor. The 14mm Pebble Time Round is also a very pretty lady's watch (I personally have the 20mm version and love it). I've had various Pebbles over the past 3 and a half years and wouldn't get anything else. They have just the right amount of "smart", enough to convenience you but not enough to be distracting.

TLDR: have a look at Pebble watches and get whichever one you think is most suitable.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, will go with a pebble for now til I can afford an apple watch
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52480
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions