Expired

Cheapest Surround sound with Optical in?

Found 8th Dec 2009
Just looking for the absolute cheapest surround sound kit that has optical in?, (as i hear thats the only way to get 5.1 through a PS3), As you've now guessed, for my PS3.

Thanks!

1. Ask
  2. Speakers
12 Comments

Sony DAV-S300 off fleabay It has 5.1 surround sound, DTS decoder optical in blah blah blah including the speakers and sub and sounds great for £20

Original Poster

The only ones on Ebay are just the dvd player, £40 and they do not have optical! Do you have a link to the one you mean?

Original Poster

Just googled the model. Definately does not have optical!

I am 100% certain I have an optical port unless I have a very good imagination for sounds in Modern Warfare 2. I am at work at the moment but when I get home I will post a picture. The model I have is a US import so there may be some difference between UK and US models but if you can find one cheap the sound is fine in 5.1 could do with a little more power however that might wake the kids on a late night session. The other option is to by the turtle beach headphone I have just invested in the X41 for the Xbox 360 and 7.1 sounds out of this world do not know the equiv for PS3 but worth a google

*********.co.uk/Son…be3

states it has optical ask for a photo of the back to check but there should be one !!!!

Let me know

auction number 170415471587

200414544566 states optical

The sony dav-300 does not have optical in the uk.

goretex;7151636

http://www.trademe.co.nz/nz/auction-156051592.htmstates optical in

The link is from new Zealand and they say it has no optical ???

Quote from the site

The DAVS300 incorporates state-of-the-art DTS, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Pro Logic decoding to accommodate the best of today's DVDs. It has two stereo RCA audio-video inputs, an optical digital input, an S-Video output, [COLOR="Red"]and an optical digital input[/COLOR] for a digital satellite system or laserdisc player. You have plenty of connection options, and the system simplifies setup with onscreen graphics and colour-coded speaker connections

and as i said in my post mine is a US model !!

goretex;7151894

Quote from the siteThe DAVS300 incorporates state-of-the-art DTS, Dolby … Quote from the siteThe DAVS300 incorporates state-of-the-art DTS, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Pro Logic decoding to accommodate the best of today's DVDs. It has two stereo RCA audio-video inputs, an optical digital input, an S-Video output, [COLOR="Red"]and an optical digital input[/COLOR] for a digital satellite system or laserdisc player. You have plenty of connection options, and the system simplifies setup with onscreen graphics and colour-coded speaker connectionsand as i said in my post mine is a US model !!

But if you read down the seller says twice its got no optical when asked by sellers so i don't know why you quoted this :thumbsup:.

Op you should be able to pick up a decent ebay bargain with optical just have look.
Post a comment
@
    Text