Cheapest Taxi Fare from London to Luton

Posted 25th Jun
Hi. Next month, I will have be at Luton and Dunstable Hospital at 10am for some tests, and then travel back home on the same day. But, as I live in London, and don't like travelling by coach or train, I was thinking of going by taxi (which means I need the taxi to pick me up around 8am). At the moment, Uber is charging £59-£79, and Addison Lee is £119 - both single fares. Can you recommend any solid reputable taxi firms that are cheaper than Uber? I was thinking of spending close to £50. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
I was going to recommend a coach because of their value then read the post, I now have nothing to contribute but have a nice day
Could a family member or friend give you a lift? Maybe worth contacting some taxi firms and ask for quotes and take it from there.
Can't see any taxi doing that for £50.. why not catch a train, as its a good regular service between Luton London and catch a taxi to the hospital.
Ola?
That is a job the Taxi driver will not want.
Worst time of day for traffic.
I would find a local firm, And get a quote.
Do you want the driver to take you, wait and bring you back ?.
If so ask for a wait and return price.
If its a 1.5 hour drive there you should get the first three hours of waiting free at least.
Put a rough location in London you need to travel from, that would help for a reccommendation ie Hackney.
Try the charity RVS
royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk/our…ort

also read this
nhs.uk/com…al/

Talk to the hospital, they are the best to know about transport that may be available to you.
Could these tests be carried out nearer to home?
Edited by: "tardytortoise" 25th Jun
Do you have any medical condition that prevents you from traveling by train or bus. Eg breathing difficulties, unable to walk more than say 100 mtrs, visual problems, etc. If you do, contact the hospital and ask to speak to somebody about transport. Patient transport ambulances are available if you have a medical condition or they might advise someone who provides car transport at a lower cost than a taxi. Like help the aged, and volunteer drivers . Ive worked for the ambulance service for 23 years, so worth a try.
I don't have a medical condition, BUT I feel anxious travelling by train or bus full of people. Also, I'm deaf, and find it difficult and get easily confused. So, just want to travel direct to the hospital without stopping and starting and changing routes
Edited by: "sazzopardi1971" 25th Jun
0345 605 1208. This is the number for Patient Transport (non urgent). Not going to lose anything by asking.
Patient Transport is ok but you could be stuck on it for 3 hours.
I had an 08.00 am booking, they picked me up at 10.00am with a mini bus and dropped me off at 13.00am.
Missed appointment and then had to wait 4 hours before they would take me home, Had a broken leg at the time.
11 hours traveling and no appointment.
I've just emailed PALS at Luton and Dunstable Hospital. Fingers crossed
sazzopardi197125/06/2020 10:51

I don't have a medical condition, BUT I feel anxious travelling by train …I don't have a medical condition, BUT I feel anxious travelling by train or bus full of people. Also, I'm deaf, and find it difficult and get easily confused. So, just want to travel direct to the hospital without stopping and starting and changing routes

I know you don't want to travel by train but it's Kings Cross to Luton. Then as you step out of Luton train station there's a taxi firm that can take you to the hospital. It's going to be a lot cheap travelling this way than paying for a taxi to take you there and back.
41203432-kTrBa.jpgSo..... Reading from all your advice about trains.... £30 day return from Blackfriars direct to Luton (43 mins). Then I could get a taxi costing roughly £7-10 from Luton Station to the hospital, and vice versa. So, in total, it would be roughly £50 for the whole day's journey. I live in Kennington, so Blackfriars is not too far. I could get the bus to Waterloo Station, then walk 10 mins to Blackfriars. This means leaving my flat at 7.30am. Am I correct? xx
That taxi firm outside Luton station was there 15 years ago (that was the last time I travelled there). I just used google map and they're still there. It's a lot cheaper travelling by train and taxi.
Edited by: "I_Wish" 25th Jun
I_Wish25/06/2020 12:30

That taxi firm outside Luton station was there 15 years ago (that was the …That taxi firm outside Luton station was there 15 years ago (that was the last time I travelled there). I just used google map and they're still there click. It's a lot cheaper travelling by train and taxi.

Thank you. I will keep that in mind
sazzopardi197125/06/2020 12:13

[Image] So..... Reading from all your advice about trains.... £30 day …[Image] So..... Reading from all your advice about trains.... £30 day return from Blackfriars direct to Luton (43 mins). Then I could get a taxi costing roughly £7-10 from Luton Station to the hospital, and vice versa. So, in total, it would be roughly £50 for the whole day's journey. I live in Kennington, so Blackfriars is not too far. I could get the bus to Waterloo Station, then walk 10 mins to Blackfriars. This means leaving my flat at 7.30am. Am I correct? xx

Looks good. You will be fine. Plenty of time, even if there are a few minor delays. Just have the hospital number to hand should you need to ring them en route. They always understand about public transport delays. Oh and BTW take them a small box of Heroes from me!!!
tardytortoise25/06/2020 14:04

Looks good. You will be fine. Plenty of time, even if there are a few …Looks good. You will be fine. Plenty of time, even if there are a few minor delays. Just have the hospital number to hand should you need to ring them en route. They always understand about public transport delays. Oh and BTW take them a small box of Heroes from me!!!

Thank you. Just hope it's not going to too hot on the day like today. Plenty of water and a fan
fake taxi
Is that the name of a cab company? Do you have a link?
Try them, gettransfer.com/en
you put in your date and time and destination, and you have different drivers competing against each other to give you the lowest price!!
YIDDISHERKOP25/06/2020 15:05

Try them, https://gettransfer.com/en you put in your date and time and …Try them, https://gettransfer.com/en you put in your date and time and destination, and you have different drivers competing against each other to give you the lowest price!!

Dont bother read the reviews
very unreliable !!!
uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com
I've managed to pre-book a taxi from Luton Station to Luton and Dunstable Hospital for £6.50
Post a comment
@
    Text