Expired

Cheapest train fares site?

7 replies
Found 29th Sep 2009
Hi, I'm looking to book 4 adults and 1 child to go from Birmingham Snow Hill to Marylebone, London on the 28th November. Does anyone know the best web site to look at for the cheapest prices? We also want the underground ticket including/ There seem to be a few with differing prices!!!!

Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Train
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Train
7 Comments

This is an interesting read :
moneysavingexpert.com/tra…ets

One main point to note below :

The cheapest way to book tickets

Booking direct at a station or via the rail company’s own website is usually cheapest as there’s no booking fee; plus you may also find some extra online discounts.

If you're using the booking sites, beware, you’ll pay more ... the Trainline charges a £1 booking fee, plus an extra £2.50 for credit card payments. Raileasy, on the other hand, charges a £1 booking fee on every purchase over £10 (£2 if it's under a tenner), plus a 50p debit card fee and 2.5% for credit cards.

Original Poster

Thanks, I will have a look at them now :thumbsup:

Chiltern line normally have very good fares - supersaver etc - I've always got better deals at my local station than on line providing you don't turn up to ask in the middle of rush hour!!!

try trainline to find who the carrier is, buy it from carriers website directly ... for me it works out to be the cheapest option normally.

have you checked megabus.com.
they have trains and buses to london victoria, and euston
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993257
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604839
    3. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!1730
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769637

See more discussions