Cheapest unlimited tethering sims

Posted 7th Jan
any ideas for chepeast unlimited tethering sim?
Community Updates
Ask
33 Comments
I’m currently with Virgin getting 100GB per month plus rollover data and unlimited calls and texts all for just £10. It’s what they usually will offer to customers at end of contract to keep them but I happen to know a friend who got this so I just called up sales team as a new customer to see if I could get this specific deal and they said the deal exits but would have to get managers authorisation. And after a short hold they said yes I could get it. I recommend this to all my friends and family. In my area service is great and well worth the money. I been with them for a few months now. It’s not a contract either it’s a 30 day rolling contract.
TheBargainHunter.08/01/2020 00:07

I’m currently with Virgin getting 100GB per month plus rollover data and u …I’m currently with Virgin getting 100GB per month plus rollover data and unlimited calls and texts all for just £10. It’s what they usually will offer to customers at end of contract to keep them but I happen to know a friend who got this so I just called up sales team as a new customer to see if I could get this specific deal and they said the deal exits but would have to get managers authorisation. And after a short hold they said yes I could get it. I recommend this to all my friends and family. In my area service is great and well worth the money. I been with them for a few months now. It’s not a contract either it’s a 30 day rolling contract.

Very helpful thanks which network is this ee?
It’s Virgin which I think runs on EE yes.

I’m currently with Virgin getting 100GB per month plus rollover data and u …I’m currently with Virgin getting 100GB per month plus rollover data and unlimited calls and texts all for just £10. It’s what they usually will offer to customers at end of contract to keep them but I happen to know a friend who got this so I just called up sales team as a new customer to see if I could get this specific deal and they said the deal exits but would have to get managers authorisation. And after a short hold they said yes I could get it. I recommend this to all my friends and family. In my area service is great and well worth the money. I been with them for a few months now. It’s not a contract either it’s a 30 day rolling contract.

That’s amazing! Do you know if you can use unlimited tethering? And do the speeds slow down after using too much data? Also can you use this in Europe too? Thanks!
Yep it sure is! Unlimited tethering and no speed caps. Although there will be a fair usage policy when roaming which I am unsure about. I have been thinking about replacing the home broadband and just getting a phone with personal hotspot. I’m getting way faster speeds that what Talk Talk are giving me.
£10/m no contact Voxi (Vodafone) unlimited everything, until Voxi graduates counting college. Obvsly unlim everything includes unlim data,tethering, calls & SMS but also includes unlim pic msgs.
AndyRoyd08/01/2020 01:08

£10/m no contact Voxi (Vodafone) unlimited everything, until Voxi …£10/m no contact Voxi (Vodafone) unlimited everything, until Voxi graduates counting college. Obvsly unlim everything includes unlim data,tethering, calls & SMS but also includes unlim pic msgs.

I thought they would have sorted this by now.
Awesome. Does anyone know of any good £5 per month sim only offers?!
Ioa08/01/2020 01:15

Awesome. Does anyone know of any good £5 per month sim only offers?!

I saw a post on here someone got 3GB data unlimited calls and texts £4.50 per month with Sky
TheBargainHunter.08/01/2020 01:16

I saw a post on here someone got 3GB data unlimited calls and texts £4.50 …I saw a post on here someone got 3GB data unlimited calls and texts £4.50 per month with Sky

That sounds really good but I assume you have to be a Sky customer to get something like that?
Ioa08/01/2020 01:16

That sounds really good but I assume you have to be a Sky customer to get …That sounds really good but I assume you have to be a Sky customer to get something like that?

Not sure but worth a try.
TheBargainHunter.08/01/2020 01:15

I thought they would have sorted this by now.

Nope and hopefully in no rush. Just checked mine still showing a maximum of 8GB left, the usage bar is not reducing. Also just done a speed test and got 21mb download.
I’ve also got a Three sim but having issues with that, on their website repeating issues with my local mast, not sure if Voxi would use the same mast, so may get quicker speeds when eventually sorted, been like it since around October 2019.
TheBargainHunter.08/01/2020 01:16

I saw a post on here someone got 3GB data unlimited calls and texts £4.50 …I saw a post on here someone got 3GB data unlimited calls and texts £4.50 per month with Sky

Don’t have to be a customer they did ring me the other day and when I mentioned the £4.50 deal they said they don’t do that I guess it depends on who you speak to
TheBargainHunter.08/01/2020 00:57

Yep it sure is! Unlimited tethering and no speed caps. Although there will …Yep it sure is! Unlimited tethering and no speed caps. Although there will be a fair usage policy when roaming which I am unsure about. I have been thinking about replacing the home broadband and just getting a phone with personal hotspot. I’m getting way faster speeds that what Talk Talk are giving me.

Was thinking the exact same thing virgin is.costing 30£ and I. Moving shortly
Craig201808/01/2020 03:44

Nope and hopefully in no rush. Just checked mine still showing a maximum …Nope and hopefully in no rush. Just checked mine still showing a maximum of 8GB left, the usage bar is not reducing. Also just done a speed test and got 21mb download.I’ve also got a Three sim but having issues with that, on their website repeating issues with my local mast, not sure if Voxi would use the same mast, so may get quicker speeds when eventually sorted, been like it since around October 2019.

Does vixi used Vodafone?
360finder08/01/2020 09:48

Yes.And so do Virgin gradually moving over from EE.

Thanks for that coz it matters alot for signal where I live
360finder08/01/2020 09:57

Which network is best for you?

Vodafone as might get rewards too
360finder08/01/2020 10:00

And what device?Phone or router?

I was going to use phone, no idea abt buying a router...maybe I should
dave.richardsonskV08/01/2020 10:03

I was going to use phone, no idea abt buying a router...maybe I should

Depends what you're using it for.

I have a Huawei with Alexa router. Originally on Three 4G.

Now has an EE SIM card in, when trying with a Vodafone it refused to join their 4G and only gave me a 3G signal.

Using the same SIM in a mifi box at the same location gave me a 4G connection with a better speed but only 10 devices.

I believe I read somewhere that a Vodafone voice SIM doesn't give a fixed IP address, but their data SIM does. Unsure what difference that makes to you, if any.

Mobile broadband is the way forward. Best bet is to try a PAYG SIM from the potential networks and run speed tests, I like to use fast.com and speedtest.net to compare.

Before making the jump try an run a test day/week/month by giveing your hotspot the same SSID/Password as your existing network. Turn off your current router and see how practical it is day to day for multiple devices demanding bandwidth.

I'm in a house of 5 and we use numerous things simultaneously, Three couldn't cope with Netflix, and Amazon streaming alongside an XBox downloading. It's important to know the limitations before making the changeover.
360finder08/01/2020 10:12

Depends what you're using it for.I have a Huawei with Alexa router. …Depends what you're using it for.I have a Huawei with Alexa router. Originally on Three 4G.Now has an EE SIM card in, when trying with a Vodafone it refused to join their 4G and only gave me a 3G signal.Using the same SIM in a mifi box at the same location gave me a 4G connection with a better speed but only 10 devices.I believe I read somewhere that a Vodafone voice SIM doesn't give a fixed IP address, but their data SIM does. Unsure what difference that makes to you, if any.Mobile broadband is the way forward. Best bet is to try a PAYG SIM from the potential networks and run speed tests, I like to use fast.com and speedtest.net to compare.Before making the jump try an run a test day/week/month by giveing your hotspot the same SSID/Password as your existing network. Turn off your current router and see how practical it is day to day for multiple devices demanding bandwidth.I'm in a house of 5 and we use numerous things simultaneously, Three couldn't cope with Netflix, and Amazon streaming alongside an XBox downloading. It's important to know the limitations before making the changeover.

Thanks so much for Ur reply appreciate it
AndyRoyd08/01/2020 01:08

£10/m no contact Voxi (Vodafone) unlimited everything, until Voxi …£10/m no contact Voxi (Vodafone) unlimited everything, until Voxi graduates counting college. Obvsly unlim everything includes unlim data,tethering, calls & SMS but also includes unlim pic msgs.

Is the unlimited everything for £10/m a special plan (don't see it anywhere), I am on Vodafone Pay as you go, how to get Unlimited everything on Voxi?
smartbuddy10/01/2020 09:13

Is the unlimited everything for £10/m a special plan (don't see it …Is the unlimited everything for £10/m a special plan (don't see it anywhere), I am on Vodafone Pay as you go, how to get Unlimited everything on Voxi?

Applicable to all plans since summer 2019 since Voxi's stopped metering data. No sign of that system being re-activated; the user's quota stated within Voxi account always shows full allowance still being available regardless of how much data is used.
smartbuddy10/01/2020 09:13

...how to get Unlimited everything on Voxi?

Unlim everything on Voxi via selecting any Voxi plan, obvsly makes sense to select the lowest price option at £10 voxi.co.uk/plans
360finder08/01/2020 09:48

Yes.And so do Virgin gradually moving over from EE.

Voxi are owned by Vodafone, so you'd assume they would use it.

Virgin moving to Vodafone doesn't happen until 2021 - so any current 12 month contract wouldn't be affected.
AndyRoyd10/01/2020 10:22

Unlim everything on Voxi via selecting any Voxi plan, obvsly makes sense …Unlim everything on Voxi via selecting any Voxi plan, obvsly makes sense to select the lowest price option at £10 https://www.voxi.co.uk/plans

Thanks
alg10/01/2020 10:33

Voxi are owned by Vodafone, so you'd assume they would use it.Virgin …Voxi are owned by Vodafone, so you'd assume they would use it.Virgin moving to Vodafone doesn't happen until 2021 - so any current 12 month contract wouldn't be affected.

Indeed but as the op asked I assumed they were unsure so provided advice.

Many networks are now introducing 18/24 month contracts which may have an impact on a network migration.
360finder10/01/2020 11:37

Indeed but as the op asked I assumed they were unsure so provided …Indeed but as the op asked I assumed they were unsure so provided advice.Many networks are now introducing 18/24 month contracts which may have an impact on a network migration.

While that is true, the majority of sim only contracts tend to be single or 12 month - but yes, I'm aware that even they are now heading toward 24 months, with handset now heading up to 36 months.

And with Virgin - as far as I can see, the contracts tend to be monthly rolling, for the sim, and a 2 or 3 year contract (loan/finance) for the handset.
Edited by: "alg" 10th Jan
360finder10/01/2020 11:37

Indeed but as the op asked I assumed they were unsure so provided …Indeed but as the op asked I assumed they were unsure so provided advice.Many networks are now introducing 18/24 month contracts which may have an impact on a network migration.

I am the op that's true

That's a great price, i'm currently paying them £25/month for unlimited!

Granted I do sometimes use over 100GB but I would restrict myself for a saving of £15.
Gormond10/01/2020 12:58

That's a great price, i'm currently paying them £25/month for …That's a great price, i'm currently paying them £25/month for unlimited!Granted I do sometimes use over 100GB but I would restrict myself for a saving of £15.

Yeah call up and see if they can do it for you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions