Groups

Cheapest way of gettnig to Gatwick Airport at 4am in the morning?

Hi, any suggestion as to how to get to Gatwick for a 6am flight in about a months time. as there are no trains and im travelling from East London. did searches but I have to change about 3 buses, and then get to Victoria (£16 single) to Gatwick Airport which seems like alot!

24 Comments

try a search on local taxi companies alot do a fixed rate to airports

Or you can go the day before, and wait there for few hours...:whistling:

Original Poster

Well flight is at 6am and the last train that leaves from Farringdon is aroun 6pm so thats nearly a 12 hr wait lol... Taxi I tink will defo be expensive as its arounf 50 miles away

Get a mate to take you. I am sure you can repay the favour at a later date.

Go early the day before & stay in a hotel
    advertise in your local shop & or paper for a lift ... you never know !

the cheapest way.... walk

6am flight means you need to book in about 3am anyway doesn't it work like that nowadays ??
    You might as well get to the Airport as late as poss and snooze somewhere.

Don't miss the flight though , lol !

id get there early.......take snacks and what not and sleep there or get a hotel room.

otherwise beg a mate!

agulma;2206919

Well flight is at 6am and the last train that leaves from Farringdon is … Well flight is at 6am and the last train that leaves from Farringdon is aroun 6pm

Take Thameslink from Kings Cross or thereabouts, the last train is 00:54 in weekdays/Sundays arriving at Gatwick 1:52. Saturdays is 30 mins earlier.
    firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/con…pdf

Is there no Gatwick Express trains on at that time,I posted up a link in vouchers other day for 10% off.

Banned

cant you drive there? I have the same problem but will drive from south coast. cheapest parking is £58 but cheaper than a £35-£40 taxi each way.

Might even park in crawley and get a taxi from there but that is just asking for trouble leaving it in the chavtown of the south for a week

drive and stay at a hotel the night?
    or just stay in a hotel for the night? they are fairly cheap

Original Poster

wel cheapest hotel i found was in Crawley but thats 5km away which is £40

Gatwick travelodge is from £39 and a hoppa bus opperates from 3am at £3 to the airport

Banned

you must have a good buddy who can take you,pay him fuel and a drink next time you see him.

This is weird...
    i'm going from the south coast in 2 weeks time...
    to Gatwick...
    flight's at 8 though, but me et le bf are staying in the airport and getting the second from last train in to london then getting the tube across... so should only have to bum around in the airport for 4 hours then start sorting everything out like bags etc.
    could you do the same?

Where from in east london...........google Gatwick Flyer...........24 hour a day minibus to gatwick and stansted.........door to door service if within area........or travel to local pick up point.........a friend can drop you off ..............worth a look

agulma;2206919

Well flight is at 6am and the last train that leaves from Farringdon is … Well flight is at 6am and the last train that leaves from Farringdon is aroun 6pm so thats nearly a 12 hr wait lol... Taxi I tink will defo be expensive as its arounf 50 miles away

If you cannot find a way to get to gatwick by train better than that Farringdon sugestion then you would be better not to travel abroad................cos you sure wont find your way back

diabeticguy;2206957

Get a mate to take you. I am sure you can repay the favour at a later … Get a mate to take you. I am sure you can repay the favour at a later date.

i just done that to my mate, hour and half round trip for 5am check in, excellent

Taxi would only be like £30-£40 fixed rate for that time of night as traffic is light. Obviously that would be minicab and not black cab....

p.s. by "only" it's all relative...

Original Poster

Travelodge is £57 from the 21st, lol trust me i had a good search before posting for help on here ;-) GREAT response though thanks to all

csiman;2207106

cant you drive there? I have the same problem but will drive from south … cant you drive there? I have the same problem but will drive from south coast. cheapest parking is £58 but cheaper than a £35-£40 taxi each way.Might even park in crawley and get a taxi from there but that is just asking for trouble leaving it in the chavtown of the south for a week

I saw a news report once that suggested that residents in Crawley were sorely fed up with motorists treating their area as a free car park. So much so that mysterious damage and vandalism was occurring to the parked cars.

diabeticguy;2208078

I saw a news report once that suggested that residents in Crawley were … I saw a news report once that suggested that residents in Crawley were sorely fed up with motorists treating their area as a free car park. So much so that mysterious damage and vandalism was occurring to the parked cars.

we did that last year drove up from south coast parked in crawley in a little road with no parking restrictions and houses all had own driveways came back a week later to find windscreen wippers missing and a nice little note asking us not to use it as a airport carpark

But hey no parking restrictions so wasnt breaking any laws

Banned

diabeticguy;2208078

I saw a news report once that suggested that residents in Crawley were … I saw a news report once that suggested that residents in Crawley were sorely fed up with motorists treating their area as a free car park. So much so that mysterious damage and vandalism was occurring to the parked cars.

Damage occurs even if you leave your car parked in some areas of crawley for 10 minutes ;-)

chavtowns.co.uk/mod…473

chavtowns.co.uk/mod…324

chavtowns.co.uk/mod…099
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1826
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2494
      3. Cat Chat76734
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394

See more discussions