Cheapest way to buy Helium Baloons?

Posted 16th Sep
What’s the cheapest way to buy Helium baloons? Is it canister? And the canister also charges not less then £20, does anyone know a cheaper option or site or a code for a site which sells them cheaper?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Vivek
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
I actually found my local market the best.
They provided the balloons all inflated and tied together with weights cheaper that what I could buy separately online.
loads of cheap balloons on ebay
cheapest gas cylinder I have found online for 30 balloons partyrama.co.uk/dis…BwE
@ £16.50 + delivery
stefromuk16/09/2019 10:48

I actually found my local market the best.They provided the balloons all …I actually found my local market the best.They provided the balloons all inflated and tied together with weights cheaper that what I could buy separately online.

Yeah planning to do that.. thanks for the recommendation
tardytortoise16/09/2019 11:08

loads of cheap balloons on ebaycheapest gas cylinder I have found online …loads of cheap balloons on ebaycheapest gas cylinder I have found online for 30 balloons https://www.partyrama.co.uk/disposable-helium-gas-cylinder-30-balloon-cylinder-single/?gclid=CjwKCAjw5fzrBRASEiwAD2OSVzJNqdK4tJeT5_-fZ6FGH7oUd0FyKZuKKtcTM7iPtPj3GSpDnGAFLRoC6ewQAvD_BwE#fo_c=488&fo_k=387c9d8bce8cd15d8458011183686c0f&fo_s=gplauk@ £16.50 + delivery

Thanks for the reply but It turns out to be the same £20 canister.
freedeals2116/09/2019 12:55

Thanks for the reply but It turns out to be the same £20 canister.

The canisters allseem to be around £20 mark i’ve been looking out for cheaper myself and haven’t had any luck.
Morrisons and the works sell them
I'm sure I read somewhere that as its a finite resource hence there's a global shortage of helium?? I'd rather have medical equipment (e.g MRI scanners) over a balloon but that's just me
frakison16/09/2019 13:51

I'm sure I read somewhere that as its a finite resource hence there's a …I'm sure I read somewhere that as its a finite resource hence there's a global shortage of helium?? I'd rather have medical equipment (e.g MRI scanners) over a balloon but that's just me

Ah but if you breathe the gas in and say that you'll feel much happier...

I'm sure I read somewhere that as its a finite resource hence there's a …I'm sure I read somewhere that as its a finite resource hence there's a global shortage of helium?? I'd rather have medical equipment (e.g MRI scanners) over a balloon but that's just me

That's a

That's a bit of a myth. Helium is constantly regenerated by the natural decay of uranium. All of the Helium on Earth is generated by the Earth (any extraterrestrial Helium evaporated off into space billions of years ago). What's happening is that current reserves are running low. But that low is still many decades worth. And once those stocks eventually deplete, that doesn't mean the Earth has ran out of helium. It just means those particular stocks will have ran out.

It's a bit like me saying I'm running out of Pepsi Max. That doesn't mean the rest of the planet has no more Pepsi Max.
Helium reserves were overstocked in the first place. That's why it's so cheap (relatively). And every resource is technically finite.

Somebody somewhere raised a fair point. That there are now some uses for Helium that we didn't previously have, and that we should probably consider keeping an eye on reserves and replenishing them as and when necessary. But because this is the internet, that's completely morphed into something else that's just not accurate.
Edited by: "ra786" 16th Sep
ra78616/09/2019 16:55

That's a That's a bit of a myth. Helium is constantly regenerated by the …That's a That's a bit of a myth. Helium is constantly regenerated by the natural decay of uranium. All of the Helium on Earth is generated by the Earth (any extraterrestrial Helium evaporated off into space billions of years ago). What's happening is that current reserves are running low. But that low is still many decades worth. And once those stocks eventually deplete, that doesn't mean the Earth has ran out of helium. It just means those particular stocks will have ran out.It's a bit like me saying I'm running out of Pepsi Max. That doesn't mean the rest of the planet has no more Pepsi Max.Helium reserves were overstocked in the first place. That's why it's so cheap (relatively). And every resource is technically finite.Somebody somewhere raised a fair point. That there are now some uses for Helium that we didn't previously have, and that we should probably consider keeping an eye on reserves and replenishing them as and when necessary. But because this is the internet, that's completely morphed into something else that's just not accurate.

If it’s finite, it WILL run out, otherwise it would be ‘infinite’, just because it will see you out and maybe your kids, kids, kids doesn’t mean we can justify pishing it away on balloons. Isn’t that what our predecessors did with coal use and more recently the overuse of plastics which are now getting the greenies in a tizz? My point stands
frakison16/09/2019 21:19

If it’s finite, it WILL run out, otherwise it would be ‘infinite’, just bec …If it’s finite, it WILL run out, otherwise it would be ‘infinite’, just because it will see you out and maybe your kids, kids, kids doesn’t mean we can justify pishing it away on balloons. Isn’t that what our predecessors did with coal use and more recently the overuse of plastics which are now getting the greenies in a tizz? My point stands

It is effectively running out. Like everything else, I agree. But it's not running out any more than wood or Gold. Or Silver. Or sand. Because yes, even that, technically will eventually run out. But we're not in a blind panic about it. We're not going to stop making toys out of wood because it's better used to make buildings. We're not going to stop making jewellery because silver and gold are used in critical medical apparatus. That's the point I was trying to make but perhaps didn't put forth very well. And that's the scale of which I am talking about. It's nothing like the shortage of hydrocarbons that we have. We used and continue to use hydrocarbons at a rate much faster than they can be reproduced. That simply is not the case with Helium, which is literally produced all the time through natural radioactive decay. And I mean ALL of the time. It's production is consistent and constant. The production of Hydrocarbons is not. It wont just last my kids, or my kids kids, or their kids, it will literally last as for long as there is radioactivity. That's indefinite.

There wasn't much use for Helium for many years industrially. So all we did was make balloons out of it. But The US government hoarded it. There was too much of it. So they began selling it off cheaply without replenishing or even thinking about replenishing stock, and nobody else did because of a lack of interest. So again, that particular stock is running low. But there is more Helium. That's what was meant when industry was saying that we're running short on Helium, not that Helium in and of itself is running out. And comparing it to hydrocarbons is not a very good comparison. Helium is nowhere near used as much as hydrocarbons. And it's produced without the requirement of extra energetic processes. Hydrocarbons are not.

And the greenies aren't banging on about plastic because it's running out. They're banging on about it because we're using too much!

So again, if everything is going to run out eventually (which it will), why not start panicking about literally everything? Let's stop making PlayStations because copper will eventually run out. Let's stop Scuba diving because Oxygen will eventually run out. Let's stop making glass screens because sand will eventually run out.
ra78616/09/2019 21:35

It is effectively running out. Like everything else, I agree. But it's not …It is effectively running out. Like everything else, I agree. But it's not running out any more than wood or Gold. Or Silver. Because yes, even that, technically will eventually run out. But we're not in a blind panic about it. We're not going to stop making toys out of wood because it's better used to make buildings. We're not going to stop making jewellery because silver and gold are used in critical medical apparatus. That's the point I was trying to make but perhaps didn't put forth very well. And that's the scale of which I am talking about. It's nothing like the shortage of hydrocarbons that we have. We used and continue to use hydrocarbons at a rate much faster than they can be reproduced. That simply is not the case with Helium, which is literally produced all the time through natural radioactive decay. And I mean ALL of the time. It's production is consistent and constant. The production of Hydrocarbons is not. It wont just last my kids, or my kids kids, or their kids, it will literally last as for long as there is radioactivity. That's indefinite.There wasn't much use for Helium for many years industrially. So all we did was make balloons out of it. But The US government hoarded it. There was too much of it. So they began selling it off cheaply without replenishing or even thinking about replenishing stock, and nobody else did because of a lack of interest. So again, that particular stock is running low. But there is more Helium. That's what was meant when industry was saying that we're running short on Helium, not that Helium in and of itself is running out. And comparing it to hydrocarbons is not a very good comparison. Even industrially, Helium is nowhere near used as much as hydrocarbons. And it's produced without the requirement of extra energetic processes. Hydrocarbons are not. And the greenies aren't banging on about plastic because it's running out. They're banging on about it because we're using too much! So again, if everything is going to run out eventually (which it will), why not start panicking about literally everything? Let's stop making PlayStations because copper will eventually run out. Let's stop Scuba diving because Oxygen will eventually run out. Let's stop making glass screens because sand will run out.

My point re plastic was that our predecessors showed little regard to the problems its widespread use would cause future generations not that its running out. I was emphasising the point that many things "don't matter" or "aren't a problem" now, but that's a pretty selfish way to live, I stand by that point (btw, glass is widely recyclable so if we do what we should do, it is actually 'infinite' same with oxygen, stop decimating plants and trees and its also 'infinite'... as for Playstations, they're crap anyway, so as long as there's still Xbox's we'll do just fine ).

In all seriousness, I'm no tree hugger, far from, however, to me, it just makes sense to look after resources. Once a helium balloon is filled, it just hangs around for a few days, getting saggier and saggier until it gets chucked in the bin, compare that to using it to save a life and it makes them even more pointless. Just because we can doesn't always mean we should.

On another note, this is probably the first discussion that's not gone to name calling in the second post, its refreshing to discuss like adults for once
frakison16/09/2019 22:57

My point re plastic was that our predecessors showed little regard to the …My point re plastic was that our predecessors showed little regard to the problems its widespread use would cause future generations not that its running out. I was emphasising the point that many things "don't matter" or "aren't a problem" now, but that's a pretty selfish way to live, I stand by that point (btw, glass is widely recyclable so if we do what we should do, it is actually 'infinite' same with oxygen, stop decimating plants and trees and its also 'infinite'... as for Playstations, they're crap anyway, so as long as there's still Xbox's we'll do just fine ).In all seriousness, I'm no tree hugger, far from, however, to me, it just makes sense to look after resources. Once a helium balloon is filled, it just hangs around for a few days, getting saggier and saggier until it gets chucked in the bin, compare that to using it to save a life and it makes them even more pointless. Just because we can doesn't always mean we should.On another note, this is probably the first discussion that's not gone to name calling in the second post, its refreshing to discuss like adults for once

Point taken about plastics. And glass.

I suppose you're right about Helium balloons not actually doing much. I just think there are quite a lot of things we do that don't have a point to it. But people find it entertaining. I find it entertaining!

And I too don't think it's okay to abuse resources.

But I also think Helium just isn't something we need to be worrying about.
You could well argue that water bombs are a waste of water. Hosepipes are a waste of water. So we have hosepipe bans when there is a water shortage. But just like water, Helium is naturally abundant. When there are water shortages, it's because reservoirs have run low. But the net amount of water on the Earth is not decreased even though it may seem that way to someone in a drought.

I see the Helium "shortage" the same way. It is there. But "reservoirs" are running low. When that happens we will have to get more of it. And it really wouldn't be that difficult to do. But when it comes to oil or coal, it's decreasing rapidly. When that runs out, that's it. The Earth may never return to the geological conditions required to produce it (though given enough time it probably would). With Helium, it's not really an issue, because no such geological energies are needed for it's production. Many naturally radioactive elements that the Earth is made up from will happily decay into alpha particles (Helium-4) no matter what, which in turn becomes the Helium that we know and love.

Good talk though!

apparently balloon gas is made from recycled helium from medical scanners etc so it seems you can have both.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants