Expired

Cheapest way to call UK from India

Found 13th Dec 2013
I have traveled to Chennai and I can't find any calling cards here. Any one knows what is the Cheapest way to call UK mobiles/landlines from India?.
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Skype?
Try and find some WiFi and use Skype or viber. You could try facetime or a Google hangout.

I believe skype lets you call landlines as well for a fee, sometimes they have free minutes on offer for signing up.
If you have access to wifi I'd recommend viber, won't cost you a penny, I have been using it for years to ring/text family who live abroad
Work in a BT call centre
Original Poster
I need to call UK mobiles/landlines.. any cheaper way to call from mobiles/landlines?

Edited by: "raj75" 13th Dec 2013
Get a local sim card.
You'll need passport copies, photos and jump through a few paperwork hoops, Vodafone India calls to UK about 7p per min,
I know I'm using one at the moment.
you can speak with each other using voice clips on whatsapp, my cousin uses that, viber is good too, as is skype
Edited by: "shaksy" 13th Dec 2013
Original Poster
The Therapist

If you use Virgin In the UK … If you use Virgin In the UK http://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/smartcall/overview.html

thanks, I am virgin mobile customer, but not virgin media, so seems I am not eligible.
penny talk, lebara mobile.
Captainbeavus

Try and find some WiFi and use Skype or viber. You could try facetime or … Try and find some WiFi and use Skype or viber. You could try facetime or a Google hangout. I believe skype lets you call landlines as well for a fee, sometimes they have free minutes on offer for signing up.

No you can't you can only call other skype users. Not landlines.
oliverkennedy10

No you can't you can only call other skype users. Not landlines.

skype.com/en/…es/
Captainbeavus

http://www.skype.com/en/features/call-phones-and-mobiles/

If you pay. Not free otherwise.
oliverkennedy10

If you pay. Not free otherwise.

That is what I said. Please read again.
Captainbeavus

That is what I said. Please read again.

sorry, thought it said free too tired from reindeer hunt
oliverkennedy10

sorry, thought it said free too tired from reindeer hunt