Cheapest way to get Amazon prime student without being a student

Posted 18th Oct 2020
hi I have been looking into which method is best - totum / unidays but can't find an online course which can get student status. can anyone help?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
Top comments
Get a free course from vision2learn.net/cou…ses and send your enrolment email to Amazon customer services. I've done this and received the qualification.

Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.

• Living in England
  • Aged 19 or over from the 31 August 2020 (born before 01 September 2001)
  • A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 years
  • Not in receipt of any other government-funded training.
I paid £2 on eBay for Amazon student account.

all the guy did was send me a photoshopped Birmingham uni screenshot with my name on. Sent it off myself to Amazon student link and they verified it. Surprisingly lo
40 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Author
    KingDan18/10/2020 09:27

Comment deleted

Yeah just saw someone offering the prime student account for £2.50... Would also be interested to see how it works or whether it's a scam
  2. Avatar
    Get a free course from vision2learn.net/cou…ses and send your enrolment email to Amazon customer services. I've done this and received the qualification.

Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.

• Living in England
    • Aged 19 or over from the 31 August 2020 (born before 01 September 2001)
    • A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 years
    • Not in receipt of any other government-funded training.
  3. Avatar
    I got a free totem account using. Digitech Studio School but I am not sure what to do tbh, whether I need to pay for a physical card or if a screenshot of my membership will be enough for Prime.
  4. Avatar
    Temeraire18/10/2020 10:25

I got a free totem account using. Digitech Studio School but I am not sure …I got a free totem account using. Digitech Studio School but I am not sure what to do tbh, whether I need to pay for a physical card or if a screenshot of my membership will be enough for Prime.

Screenshot worked for me 18 months ago. Amazon CC are very helpful.
  5. Avatar
    MadeDixonsCry18/10/2020 09:42

Get a free course from https://www.vision2learn.net/courses and send your …Get a free course from https://www.vision2learn.net/courses and send your enrolment email to Amazon customer services. I've done this and received the qualification. Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.Living in EnglandAged 19 or over from the 31 August 2020 (born before 01 September 2001)A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 yearsNot in receipt of any other government-funded training.

looks like it requires a telephone consultation to enroll on the course. do you have to go through with the full course or can you just enroll and not complete the course?
  6. Avatar
    chiller18/10/2020 11:49

looks like it requires a telephone consultation to enroll on the course. …looks like it requires a telephone consultation to enroll on the course. do you have to go through with the full course or can you just enroll and not complete the course?

I had no telephone consultation.

I got my 6 month free student Amazon prime on enrolment and they offered me an extension at the student rate without asking for the qualification progress so I assume they don't care.

It's an easy qualification with transferable skills that you can do in your own time so i don't see why you would want to abandon it anyway.
  7. Avatar
    MadeDixonsCry18/10/2020 11:54

I had no telephone consultation. I got my 6 month free student Amazon …I had no telephone consultation. I got my 6 month free student Amazon prime on enrolment and they offered me an extension at the student rate without asking for the qualification progress so I assume they don't care. It's an easy qualification with transferable skills that you can do in your own time so i don't see why you would want to abandon it anyway.

i opted for the IT essentials course. which one did you enroll on?
    Edited by: "chiller" 18th Oct 2020
  8. Avatar
    chiller18/10/2020 11:58

i opted the IT essentials course. which one did you enroll on?

Lean organisation management techniques lol
  9. Avatar
    MadeDixonsCry18/10/2020 12:00

Lean organisation management techniques lol

cool, i think they all say a telephone consultation required but dont actually provide one. i could do with improving my IT skills so yes i will hopefully complete it. thank you
  10. Avatar
    If you select Totum Alumni as your place of study, then the Totum application goes straight through
  11. Avatar
    jsac18/10/2020 12:16

If you select Totum Alumni as your place of study, then the Totum …If you select Totum Alumni as your place of study, then the Totum application goes straight through

Select that on what?
  12. Avatar
    GreekJesus18/10/2020 12:25

Select that on what?

If you go to Totum.com (used to be the NUS) and register - it will ask which College/University you study at - select Toum Alumni and it will accept it - all the others will ask to 'verify your student email address'

That way, you don't need to buy a course (unless of course you want to study)
  13. Avatar
    jsac18/10/2020 12:27

If you go to Totum.com (used to be the NUS) and register - it will ask …If you go to Totum.com (used to be the NUS) and register - it will ask which College/University you study at - select Toum Alumni and it will accept it - all the others will ask to 'verify your student email address'That way, you don't need to buy a course (unless of course you want to study)

But you still have to buy the card right?
  14. Avatar
    GreekJesus18/10/2020 12:31

But you still have to buy the card right?

Yeah £24.99 for 3 years which gets you first 6 months of Prime free, then £39 a year for the remainder of the validity of the card
  15. Avatar
    jsac18/10/2020 12:32

Yeah £24.99 for 3 years which gets you first 6 months of Prime free, then …Yeah £24.99 for 3 years which gets you first 6 months of Prime free, then £39 a year for the remainder of the validity of the card

So the above method by MadeDixonsCry is cheaper, being free?!
  16. Avatar
    GreekJesus18/10/2020 12:34

So the above method by MadeDixonsCry is cheaper, being free?!

That may be the case, but paying for the card also gets discounts in stores (Boots/Superdrug/Co-op etc) and is guaranteed for the length of the card - unsure how long the course referred to above would satisfy Amazon to let you keep getting prime ? (albeit you could just re-enrol I suppose)
    Edited by: "jsac" 18th Oct 2020
  17. Avatar
    jsac18/10/2020 12:35

That may be the case, but paying for the card also gets discounts in …That may be the case, but paying for the card also gets discounts in stores (Boots/Superdrug/Co-op etc) and is guaranteed for the length of the card - unsure how long the course referred to above would satisfy Amazon to let you keep getting prime ? (albeit you could just re-enrol I suppose)

Ok, I thought I was missing something.
    I wondered why somebody would post a method of getting Amazon Prime Student for £24.99 when a free method had already been posted!
  18. Avatar
    GreekJesus18/10/2020 12:43

Ok, I thought I was missing something.I wondered why somebody would post a …Ok, I thought I was missing something.I wondered why somebody would post a method of getting Amazon Prime Student for £24.99 when a free method had already been posted!

Sorry I should have pointed out the extra perks - paying for the card works better for me as I regularly shop at Co-Op so the savings start adding up
  19. Avatar
    jsac18/10/2020 12:44

Sorry I should have pointed out the extra perks - paying …Sorry I should have pointed out the extra perks - paying for the card works better for me as I regularly shop at Co-Op so the savings start adding up

You'd probably save more by shopping at any other supermarket tbh
  20. Avatar
    MadeDixonsCry18/10/2020 13:28

You'd probably save more by shopping at any other supermarket tbh

I do my main shops at Tesco or Asda - but my local 'corner' shop is a CO-OP so if (well, when as I am dosey and always forget things!) I need a top-up shop, then co-op is easier
  21. Avatar
    I pay for my amazon prime yearly and it’s sometime around July. If I sent a screen shot of my student card would I get a reimbursement due to the 6 month half price deal? Or would I need to wait until it’s next up for renewal?
  22. Avatar
    Gibbsxo18/10/2020 16:42

I pay for my amazon prime yearly and it’s sometime around July. If I sent a …I pay for my amazon prime yearly and it’s sometime around July. If I sent a screen shot of my student card would I get a reimbursement due to the 6 month half price deal? Or would I need to wait until it’s next up for renewal?

My friend tried and they refunded minus £7.99 for each month used
  23. Avatar
    You have to sign up the the student thing which costs you a tenner. Amazon will only give discount if you have this.
  24. Avatar
    dorey6919/10/2020 16:57

You have to sign up the the student thing which costs you a tenner. Amazon …You have to sign up the the student thing which costs you a tenner. Amazon will only give discount if you have this.

What student thing that costs you a tenner?
  25. Avatar
    jsac18/10/2020 12:32

Yeah £24.99 for 3 years which gets you first 6 months of Prime free, then …Yeah £24.99 for 3 years which gets you first 6 months of Prime free, then £39 a year for the remainder of the validity of the card

You don’t have to buy the card, download the Totum app and you get a digital card, then forward that on to Amazon. It works. I now have a student prime about 7 years after finishing my studies lol!
    Edited by: "deleted1105004" 21st Oct 2020
  26. Avatar
    dorey6919/10/2020 16:57

You have to sign up the the student thing which costs you a tenner. Amazon …You have to sign up the the student thing which costs you a tenner. Amazon will only give discount if you have this.

This isn’t true, I did it at the weekend without paying a penny. They even give you 6 months free prime to start. Download the Totum app and you have a digital card, then only want to see a finishing date for your course
  27. Avatar
    deleted110500421/10/2020 07:15

This isn’t true, I did it at the weekend without paying a penny. They even …This isn’t true, I did it at the weekend without paying a penny. They even give you 6 months free prime to start. Download the Totum app and you have a digital card, then only want to see a finishing date for your course

Hi, how did you get a digital card? I have downloaded the app, verified as an alumni, (2 of 3 stars as continue registration to BUY a card) but no free card in my digital wallet. It keeps directing me to buy a card £15-25.
  28. Avatar

Get a free course from https://www.vision2learn.net/courses and send your …Get a free course from https://www.vision2learn.net/courses and send your enrolment email to Amazon customer services. I've done this and received the qualification. Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.Living in EnglandAged 19 or over from the 31 August 2020 (born before 01 September 2001)A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 yearsNot in receipt of any other government-funded training.

does this still work as my amazon prime student is going to end and i want to make a new account

42806176-vSilr.jpg
  29. Avatar
    I paid £2 on eBay for Amazon student account.

all the guy did was send me a photoshopped Birmingham uni screenshot with my name on. Sent it off myself to Amazon student link and they verified it. Surprisingly lo
  30. Avatar
    deleted110500421/10/2020 07:14

You don’t have to buy the card, download the Totum app and you get a d …You don’t have to buy the card, download the Totum app and you get a digital card, then forward that on to Amazon. It works. I now have a student prime about 7 years after finishing my studies lol!

I thought the maximum you get is 4 years?
  31. Avatar
    1616french27/11/2020 10:20

I thought the maximum you get is 4 years?

It is, hence why I said im now a student again 7 years after my studies by signing up to this.
  32. Avatar
    deleted110500427/11/2020 10:30

It is, hence why I said im now a student again 7 years after my studies by …It is, hence why I said im now a student again 7 years after my studies by signing up to this.

I can't even find an option for a digital card.
  33. Avatar
    1616french27/11/2020 11:00

I can't even find an option for a digital card.

I’m unsure if you still can, there’s a large thread on it somewhere, I just followed the steps, I did it about two months ago, I’m on mobile so can’t search probably but if you search Totum and see a thread with huge heat, that’s probably the one.
  34. Avatar
    42872183-KbUax.jpg
    bhaskarsa24/11/2020 16:51

does this still work as my amazon prime student is going to end and i want …does this still work as my amazon prime student is going to end and i want to make a new account[Image]

NO, it doesn't work at all, after you create an account and submit all your informations, you'll find out there's no places available, what a scam. And who posted this on here just ignore this comments.
    Edited by: "georgesvalch" 27th Nov 2020
  35. Avatar

Trying to do this as of now. Which email did you send?

Have already sent one of the emails but Amazon are asking for something that contains my name, college name, course name and dates.

I have managed to enrol and have been given a username and password to use for my course.
  36. Avatar
    rectangularcuboid12/10/2021 17:07

Trying to do this as of now. Which email did you send? Have already sent …Trying to do this as of now. Which email did you send? Have already sent one of the emails but Amazon are asking for something that contains my name, college name, course name and dates. I have managed to enrol and have been given a username and password to use for my course.

I sent a screenshot of the following tabs from the Vision2Learn portal:

"My Study" and "My college".

Bear in mind, this was back in 2017 so the portal may well have changed since then. The screenshots covered everything they are asking you for except for an end date (my end date was blank).
  37. Avatar
    Does this still work??
  38. Avatar
    I have placed an order and then tried to checkout and got the following message.

I am not a student, can I proceed to join, do they ask proof later?
  39. Avatar
    201524/11/2020 17:07

I paid £2 on eBay for Amazon student account.all the guy did was send me a …I paid £2 on eBay for Amazon student account.all the guy did was send me a photoshopped Birmingham uni screenshot with my name on. Sent it off myself to Amazon student link and they verified it. Surprisingly lo

I did this but only extended it for a year. Do you reckon if I do the same method again I'll get caught?
  40. Avatar
    jsac18/10/2020 12:27

If you go to Totum.com (used to be the NUS) and register - it will ask …If you go to Totum.com (used to be the NUS) and register - it will ask which College/University you study at - select Toum Alumni and it will accept it - all the others will ask to 'verify your student email address'That way, you don't need to buy a course (unless of course you want to study)

Don't think this works anymore for anyone interested asks for a verification code now
Post a comment
Top Merchants