Cheapest way to get freeview with a outdoor aerial

Posted 17th Jun 2020
Is there a cheap way of getting freeview in my bedroom with having to get a external aerial ?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Go old skool, stick a wire coat hanger in the aerial socket.
Haircut_10017/06/2020 18:18

Go old skool, stick a wire coat hanger in the aerial socket.

Lol
You can buy amplified internal aerials (example here )

Different aerials are suitable for distance distances from the nearest transmitter so you need to take that in to account as well
Edited by: "jsac" 17th Jun
In my experience no. Ive had a few of those booster thingeys and amplified Ariels, all have been rubbish. just take the plunge and get an ariel fitted
themachman17/06/2020 18:40

In my experience no. Ive had a few of those booster thingeys and amplified …In my experience no. Ive had a few of those booster thingeys and amplified Ariels, all have been rubbish. just take the plunge and get an ariel fitted

You'd think you would be able watch via internet
themachman17/06/2020 18:40

In my experience no. Ive had a few of those booster thingeys and amplified …In my experience no. Ive had a few of those booster thingeys and amplified Ariels, all have been rubbish. just take the plunge and get an ariel fitted

Was using a pound shop one on my old tv for yours got a new tv and it no longer worked didnt if one of newer indoor aerials would work
Depending on what you want to watch it on, two methods are:

1) Watch it on your laptop via wifi?
2) Watch on your TV screen using a WIFI TV box.

Or just use the Freeview checker:
freeview.co.uk/fre…one
Get a fire stick and install Freeview tv? It’s much easier and a lot more you could watch on it. Netflix, YouTube etc
Mr_Pickled_Egg117/06/2020 18:43

Was using a pound shop one on my old tv for yours got a new tv and it no …Was using a pound shop one on my old tv for yours got a new tv and it no longer worked didnt if one of newer indoor aerials would work

The signal hasn't changed, assuming your old TV wasn't something you got rid of years ago, so either your new TV is less sensitive, it's causing more interference to the signal or you've moved the aerial to a different location.

If it's the first one an amplifier might help. If it's the second one you may need a better aerial and if it's the third then try moving it about the room and pointing it in different direction and see what different that makes.
I’ve got an indoor freeview aerial and booster and it works a treat. Only get the slight interference when a lorry goes past the house.
Depends on the signal strength and where you live.
I think it all depends wherre you live in comparison to your Broadcast Antenna. Ours is around 30 miles away but we're much lower than it on the coast and indoor aerials (Big ones, Small Ones, Amplified ones) just don't do much. I got around 54 Channels last time. Luckily I needed my ridge tiles pointing a couple of weeks ago and the local dodgy builder replaced my aerial whilst he was up there, now I get 225 Channels.

Other than an Aerial I'd advise a £20 Fire Stick and a decent IPTV sub (Or two or three just to be safe in case ones goes down for maintenance). These are anywhere from £10 - £50 for the year, but aren't particularly legit.
Thetrout17/06/2020 21:18

I think it all depends wherre you live in comparison to your Broadcast …I think it all depends wherre you live in comparison to your Broadcast Antenna. Ours is around 30 miles away but we're much lower than it on the coast and indoor aerials (Big ones, Small Ones, Amplified ones) just don't do much. I got around 54 Channels last time. Luckily I needed my ridge tiles pointing a couple of weeks ago and the local dodgy builder replaced my aerial whilst he was up there, now I get 225 Channels.Other than an Aerial I'd advise a £20 Fire Stick and a decent IPTV sub (Or two or three just to be safe in case ones goes down for maintenance). These are anywhere from £10 - £50 for the year, but aren't particularly legit.

Any apks where i can cast the channels mobdro was always a lil temperamental
You can find how far away your local transmitter is from the freeview website

freeview.co.uk/hel…iew

From there, you can see what indoor aerial would be suitable, according to your distance from the transmitter
Doesnt say the distance just says i can receive 112 channels does that mean the £10 ones on amazon should do?
Post a comment
@
    Text