Expired

Cheapest way to get from hull to Liverpool?

Found 6th Mar
I'm having trouble finding a train journey at a reasonable price. I normally pay upto £60 with return included but for some reason all trainlines are £107!

A helpful hukder suggested splitting the journey up may make it cheaper but I can't find a list of all the stops in between.

if anybody can find a cheaper way of getting from hull to Liverpool on the 28th May I would really appreciate if you could let me know below what you found.

Thankyou for any help or suggestions

details-
Hull to Liverpool central
Depart hull 28th May
return from Liverpool on 31st May
1 adult +1 15year old child
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
22 Comments
National Express

Do you have a family railcard ? That might help and also by booking early
Edited by: "summerof76" 6th Mar
Leahmytootoo do you get the feeling you've made the wrong type of fiends in here for advice
Joey.Bloggsy5 m ago

Leahmytootoo do you get the feeling you've made the wrong type of fiends …Leahmytootoo do you get the feeling you've made the wrong type of fiends in here for advice

Just sayin
33387808-ilDnU.jpg

Joey.Bloggsy6 m ago

Leahmytootoo do you get the feeling you've made the wrong type of fiends …Leahmytootoo do you get the feeling you've made the wrong type of fiends in here for advice

Tru dat
sticking to ask might be the best plan
hotukdeals.com/dis…059
what about Mega bus ?

Joey.Bloggsy9 m ago

Hahaha I think I've just the right type of friends!
winifer38 m ago

try https://splitticketing.trainsplit.com/timetable_fares.aspx£90.24 was …try https://splitticketing.trainsplit.com/timetable_fares.aspx£90.24 was the best i got but i don't know what times

it's blooming expensive isn't it! I think I've found a route that would be much cheaper. Mega bus from Hull to Leeds £13.82 (including return) then National express from Leeds to Liverpool £20 (including return)
dont know if I've worked that out wrong for it to be such a difference but I've double checked and it seems correct
summerof7627 m ago

National Express[Video] Do you have a family railcard ? That might …National Express[Video] Do you have a family railcard ? That might help and also by booking early

Haha love that! See my message above to Winifer. Think I've got it down a lot by not doing train I don't have a railcard either. I'm super impressed if those prices I worked out are correct
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 6th Mar
LeahsMintytoutou6th Mar

Haha love that! See my message above to Winifer. Think I've got it down a …Haha love that! See my message above to Winifer. Think I've got it down a lot by not doing train I don't have a railcard either. I'm super impressed if those prices I worked out are correct

Book in advance for seats and it might be cheaper too
summerof7629 m ago

Just sayin [Image]

33387955-Qo8A4.jpg
33387955-PDKx8.jpg
Edited by: "Joey.Bloggsy" 6th Mar
winifer1 h, 41 m ago

try https://splitticketing.trainsplit.com/timetable_fares.aspx£90.24 was …try https://splitticketing.trainsplit.com/timetable_fares.aspx£90.24 was the best i got but i don't know what times

Seems to depend what time of day you're travelling as well.

Outward journey for me after checking came up as £60.16, journey departs 17:09, arriving 21:36.
LemonHead6 m ago

Seems to depend what time of day you're travelling as well. Outward …Seems to depend what time of day you're travelling as well. Outward journey for me after checking came up as £60.16, journey departs 17:09, arriving 21:36.

Hotel check is at 3pm if I remember rightly. I'd like to leave Hull around 9amish to get there in time to still have abit of time to have a wander round and get tea ect.
Looking for cheap train for myself looks like dates up to 25th May for cheapest so far,I set a email alert when my trains come up.
Your best going to Sheffield then change for Liverpool.
Try rome2rio site. I find this very useful. Good luck.
Run it's free
elainep17 h, 50 m ago

Looking for cheap train for myself looks like dates up to 25th May for …Looking for cheap train for myself looks like dates up to 25th May for cheapest so far,I set a email alert when my trains come up.Your best going to Sheffield then change for Liverpool.

As mentioned in the article posted above:

Contractually Network Rail must have the timetable set 12 weeks in advance. So train operators commonly release cheap advance tickets shortly after. It's not always dead on 12 weeks though, often more like 10 or 11.

Some train companies now release advance tickets even earlier – with the caveat that times could change slightly...... So always best to book early if you can.
JamieScott17 h, 12 m ago

Run it's free

I tried that once but I got to the top of the street and had to come back. Plus my suitcase was heavy balancing it on my head
elainep18 h, 7 m ago

Looking for cheap train for myself looks like dates up to 25th May for …Looking for cheap train for myself looks like dates up to 25th May for cheapest so far,I set a email alert when my trains come up.Your best going to Sheffield then change for Liverpool.

It's £48 just to get to Sheffield from hull I'm doing the mega bus and National express instead costs about £40 total including returns. I'm still going to check train times over the next couple weeks but I don't think they'll beat the coach/bus route
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants