Groups

cheapest way to get windows 10 ? new pc build

hi all

building new pc tomorrow and need to know cheapest way to get windows 10. ?

i do still have a clean copy on usb stick i downloaded last year for a laptop could i use that and buy cheap key of ebay?

cheers

15 Comments

microsoft.com/en-…ade

you will need a previous version of windows first to upgrade to, but is genuine windows upgrade

You don't need a key to install and run W10 indefinitely, unless you wish to change the desktop background to a silly pic.

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

You don't need a key to install and run W10 indefinitely, unless you wish … You don't need a key to install and run W10 indefinitely, unless you wish to change the desktop background to a silly pic.

​really? so can just install from my copy on usb drive and be all good?

pothead13

really? so can just install from my copy on usb drive and be all good?

Yes. Just some personalisation items will not be available to the user.

Win10 for £1.89 or cheaper or just use win key off your laptop to put on your new PC.

Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 18th Jun

Original Poster

RiverDragon8

Win10 for £1.89 or use win key off your laptop.

​laptop still gets used cant use same key on 2 pcs?

pothead13

laptop still gets used cant use same key on 2 pcs?

Yes, I'm using 1 key on 3 PC's right now. Just try.

You can also still use a win7 key if you say you need the accessibility features

123mark123

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgradeyou will … https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgradeyou will need a previous version of windows first to upgrade to, but is genuine windows upgrade

​I've just used this a few days ago on a new pc. no problems.

Google all key shop, keys on there for £5 or ebay for probably less than that,

PM'd a Win7 pro key from old Dell machine. Should work fine.

If you want a legitimate version then Amazon often discounts it down to £75-80. It's £75.05 right now:
    amazon.co.uk/d/k…BY4

I bought one from there myself, I was buying £500 worth of PC components, so £75 wasn't even in the top three most expensive bits.

EndlessWaves

If you want a legitimate version then Amazon often discounts it down to … If you want a legitimate version then Amazon often discounts it down to £75-80. It's £75.05 right now:https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/kmd/Windows-10-Home-32-bit-64-bit-English-International/B0111YEBY4I bought one from there myself, I was buying £500 worth of PC components, so £75 wasn't even in the top three most expensive bits.

Why didn't you just create a bootable copy of win10 on an usb and use an old win7/8 key from a different device and save yourself £75?

RiverDragon8

Why didn't you just create a bootable copy of win10 on an usb and use an … Why didn't you just create a bootable copy of win10 on an usb and use an old win7/8 key from a different device and save yourself £75?

I don't have an old copy of Windows 7/8, the last defunct machine I bought was in October 2008 so Vista was current and that's what I bought for it.
    Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 19th Jun

Original Poster

japes

PM'd a Win7 pro key from old Dell machine. Should work fine.

​thanks sorry for late reply will try hopefully soon when parts arrive slow amazon today.

will update later
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?11
      2. Music download67
      3. cats and royal canin biscuits913
      4. Nike Apple Watch 42mm22

See more discussions