Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheapest Way to Go to the Isle of Wight

From Central London. Obviously no swimming involved and I guess the ferry is the way to go. For a group of four, no car, travelling in September 2009

5 Comments

hitch !

Two options!

Have a look at trainline.com and put in your station through to Ryde (which I think will include a ferry foot passenger ticket)

If you have any tesco clubcard vouchers you can use them on Wightlink Ferries (however wightlink are generally the most expensive but it works out cheaper with CC vouchers)

If you are paying yourself then Red Funnel generally are the cheapest!

The train service on IOW is not great and only covers a little bit of the Island so if you are without car then depending on where you are stating you may be better with buses.

If you are going down from London best places for the ferries are Southampton, Portsmouth (or I think Southsea for Hovercradt)!

google Isle of wight tourism for more info!

What is brown and steaming and comes out the back end of Cowes?
    The Isle of Wight ferry.

lol - no swimming and ferry riddle.

i'm sure this will entice me to go there one day if not for the music fest and the bikes

Original Poster

graham29a;4208249

Two options!Have a look at trainline.com and put in your station through … Two options!Have a look at trainline.com and put in your station through to Ryde (which I think will include a ferry foot passenger ticket)If you have any tesco clubcard vouchers you can use them on Wightlink Ferries (however wightlink are generally the most expensive but it works out cheaper with CC vouchers)If you are paying yourself then Red Funnel generally are the cheapest!The train service on IOW is not great and only covers a little bit of the Island so if you are without car then depending on where you are stating you may be better with buses.If you are going down from London best places for the ferries are Southampton, Portsmouth (or I think Southsea for Hovercradt)!google Isle of wight tourism for more info!

I am going from London on skint budget using the Sun holidays vouchers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie911
      2. love affairs912
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?817
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions