Groups

Cheapest Way To Post An Office/Gaming Chair

Anyone have any idea. Its an office chair/gaming chair. Its a car seat mounted onto an office chair base, so obviously cant be taken apart. Anyone know the cheapest was i could get this posted from the UK Mainland to Uk Northern Ireland? I'm the buyer by the way. not sure on weight but defiantly less than 50kg anyway. Haven't got an exact weight yet. Tried all these comparison sites but all ridiculous money. Is a pallet my best bet?
    The seat isn't wrapped is it best to wrap it in cardboard? Or find a huge box?

By cheap i mean under £40. And Northern Ireland is part of the UK it's a common misconception that people seem to get.

14 Comments

might be best asking a ferry company what their freight charge is and get it dropped and collected

I hate to say but there is not going to be any cheap method really. What is the value of the chair?

Also what is the distance from the seller to the buyer? If it's only several hours away you may be best to find a van driver to pick it up for you and pay them.

Original Poster

Here it is here, it's not exactly massive like
    http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/aaoAAOSwZVlXqzu9/s-l1600.jpg

Original Poster

joshp

I hate to say but there is not going to be any cheap method really. What … I hate to say but there is not going to be any cheap method really. What is the value of the chair? Also what is the distance from the seller to the buyer? If it's only several hours away you may be best to find a van driver to pick it up for you and pay them.

As above Mainland To N.Ireland so theres a sea to cross. Not worried about value of it if it gets damaged really.

dmcmsn

As above Mainland To N.Ireland so theres a sea to cross. Not worried … As above Mainland To N.Ireland so theres a sea to cross. Not worried about value of it if it gets damaged really.

Okay, I can't be much more help. If I was you I'd think again if it is worth the hassle and cost invloved.

My work send items to Ireland all the time, even when we box and stick it on a pallet they still get destroyed, good luck in it arriving in one peice if your going down the cheapest route as per your title

Original Poster

Looks like i'll have to buy the car seat locally and build it onto an old office base my self

We use "Willfreight" in work a lot if you wish to try them. Based in Antrim but always have vehicles on mainland. Guy in office called Craig we have always dealt with and found them to be a lot cheaper than the bigger companies.

willfreight.co.uk/con…tml

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

We use "Willfreight" in work a lot if you wish to try them. Based in … We use "Willfreight" in work a lot if you wish to try them. Based in Antrim but always have vehicles on mainland. Guy in office called Craig we have always dealt with and found them to be a lot cheaper than the bigger companies. http://www.willfreight.co.uk/contactus.html

Cheers for that. I'll give them a ring tomorrow. They're quite local to me.

dmcmsn

Cheers for that. I'll give them a ring tomorrow. They're quite local to … Cheers for that. I'll give them a ring tomorrow. They're quite local to me.

Did you get sorted?

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

Did you get sorted?

Ah, just bought the car seat locally and built one my self

dmcmsn

Ah, just bought the car seat locally and built one my self

Fancy building another one lol!

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

Fancy building another one lol!

It took me long enough lol. The seat didn't come cheap either. I'll post a pic of it here.
    https://s4.postimg.org/bcgovn9bx/image.jpg

dmcmsn

It took me long enough lol. The seat didn't come cheap either. I'll post … It took me long enough lol. The seat didn't come cheap either. I'll post a pic of it here.

Very nice. I'll add it to my list of "projects I'll never get round to doing" lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland44
      2. Looking for mac book pro 15" deal?11
      3. Help please - pc issues712
      4. Google assistant notification45

See more discussions