Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheapest way to post items?

Hi All,

I'm selling stuff on ebay and wondered what the cheapest option was to send them.

Dimensions 54 x 7.85 x 28.2 cm

I have looked at collect+ which is £4.89 and I know this is cheaper than royal mail.

Do you guys use any others that are good and fairly priced?

4 Comments

Editor

The cheapest way is not always the best way, you need to take into account how you want your items to arrive.

We dispatch around 400 items a week and to be perfectly honest only feel comfortable with Royal Mail (large letter / small parcels) or Interlink (larger parcels).

I have had numerous problems with both Hermes and Yodel, ranging from not turning up to collect to leaving items in ridiculous places, my personal thought on dispatching items is to send it as you would like to receive it.

But everybody has their own preferences and people will tell you different things about different company's, if it's of value always send it tracked / recorded.

Hermes are normally the cheapest but hit or miss when it comes to service. also consider whether you want to drop it have it collected, the latter being more expensive. then finally make sure that you are covered for compensation. i know some couriers have restrictions on the type of item they will pay compensation on.

Collect+ is good but you will need to add a £1 if you want a signature and £1 for insurance above £150. This time of year allow for 4-5 days delivery but you can also pay a bit more for express delivery (about 2 days). I've used them several times and they've been fine. Very convenient to drop off at a local store/garage anytime too. PO is a no go area in December

Original Poster

Cheers peope, appreciate the advice!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you turn clothes inside out before washing?1725
      2. parquet floor sanded21
      3. I am hoping to sound you good people out about an idea...33
      4. Selling advice55

See more discussions