Cheapest way to return a phone to Amazon Spain?

Posted 31st May 2020
hi all

I'm returning a phone I bought to Amazon Spain. But to insure the phone it's going to cost me £38! (of which Amazon will give me 5 euros back).

Does anyone know of a cheaper way to return an item to Amazon Spain?

thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

23 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    say theres a fault or a scratch and return faulty seller has to pay. i wouldnt do it but then i wouldnt order a phone i didnt want..
    Author
    eslick31/05/2020 20:11

Yes, I just googled the postage costs to return something that was 20 …Yes, I just googled the postage costs to return something that was 20 euros, was going to cost £15 told them they said just keep it and we will refund you. Had that happen a few times even with Amazon UK bought a powerbank for £20 it didn’t seem to give as many chargers as it should. Couldn’t find a cheap company to return it through as not many take batteries they said just keep it.

I'll email them with a quote and see what they say. I doubt they will just say keep the mobile phone over a £30 delivery cost but we shall see. Thanks
    tkane08/09/2021 16:26

Sorry to dig up an old thread but has anyone managed to ship an item back …Sorry to dig up an old thread but has anyone managed to ship an item back to any of the Amazon European sites? I am trying to return a product purchased from Amazon.it and it is a complete nightmare.I have shipped the item with both Parcelforce and DPD and they have both times been refused by customs and returned back to me. Now they are telling me that because the item is being returned to an Amazon fulfillment centre, I must provide Amazon's EORI number....which Amazon won't give to me.Anyone successfully returned anything this year? which courier did you use? Thanks!

There's an ongoing thread about this today, though it's about Amazon France, I'm sure the experience will be similar.

hotukdeals.com/dis…882 (edited)
    Author
    deleted192272231/05/2020 12:06

say theres a fault or a scratch and return faulty seller has to pay. i …say theres a fault or a scratch and return faulty seller has to pay. i wouldnt do it but then i wouldnt order a phone i didnt want..

The phone is faulty that's why I'm returning it. But there was no option to get a prepaid postage from Amazon. Might have to do a online chat with them. Cheers
    Anonymous User
    Do online chat. They will refund you (had this discussion before with them over things).
    Author
    deleted1193331/05/2020 12:17

Do online chat. They will refund you (had this discussion before with them …Do online chat. They will refund you (had this discussion before with them over things).

I'm struggling to get live chat set up on amazon Spain
    Anonymous User
    Consider emailing them then? Leave the onus on them to reply in English
    Author
    deleted1193331/05/2020 12:57

Consider emailing them then? Leave the onus on them to reply in English

Thanks I've sent an email I'll see what they say!
    bbfb12331/05/2020 12:13

The phone is faulty that's why I'm returning it. But there was no option …The phone is faulty that's why I'm returning it. But there was no option to get a prepaid postage from Amazon. Might have to do a online chat with them. Cheers

Two Qs: marketplace sale or direct AmazonES sale? Payment method?
    Author
    AndyRoyd31/05/2020 14:43

Two Qs: marketplace sale or direct AmazonES sale? Payment method?

Amazon and not sure. What difference does payment method make?
    bbfb12331/05/2020 16:25

Amazon and not sure. What difference does payment method make?

Direct payment to trader (AmazonES itself, not marketplace seller) by credit card means no need to return to Spain.
    Author
    AndyRoyd31/05/2020 16:36

Direct payment to trader (AmazonES itself, not marketplace seller) by …Direct payment to trader (AmazonES itself, not marketplace seller) by credit card means no need to return to Spain.

Oh so who do you return it to? I asked Amazon UK and they keep telling me it's nothing to do with them
    bbfb12331/05/2020 16:39

Oh so who do you return it to? I asked Amazon UK and they keep telling me …Oh so who do you return it to? I asked Amazon UK and they keep telling me it's nothing to do with them

To your UK-based credit card co, although unlikely that would happen in reality. Depending how long you have had the phone or nature of fault it may simply be refunded or told to send to somewhere in UK for assessment / attention.
    Anonymous User
    Just tell them their postage refund amount isn’t sufficient they will alter it for you normally and if it’s a small item, it in your case though, let you keep it as it’s not worth them getting it back.
    Author
    deleted7595331/05/2020 19:29

Just tell them their postage refund amount isn’t sufficient they will a …Just tell them their postage refund amount isn’t sufficient they will alter it for you normally and if it’s a small item, it in your case though, let you keep it as it’s not worth them getting it back.

They said I need to send a copy of the postage receipt and send it to them and they will refund me.
    Anonymous User
    bbfb12331/05/2020 19:49

They said I need to send a copy of the postage receipt and send it to them …They said I need to send a copy of the postage receipt and send it to them and they will refund me.

Yes and when you find out it costs more than they are offering and you tell them that they will either increase the amount they will refund or tell you to keep it. Try and send an email via the website or try their customer service email cs-reply@amazon.es
    Author
    eslick31/05/2020 20:06

Yes and when you find out it costs more than they are offering and you …Yes and when you find out it costs more than they are offering and you tell them that they will either increase the amount they will refund or tell you to keep it. Try and send an email via the website or try their customer service email cs-reply@amazon.es

Is this before I post it back you mean?
    Anonymous User
    bbfb12331/05/2020 20:07

Is this before I post it back you mean?

Yes, I just googled the postage costs to return something that was 20 euros, was going to cost £15 told them they said just keep it and we will refund you. Had that happen a few times even with Amazon UK bought a powerbank for £20 it didn’t seem to give as many chargers as it should. Couldn’t find a cheap company to return it through as not many take batteries they said just keep it.
    Anonymous User
    bbfb12331/05/2020 20:13

I'll email them with a quote and see what they say. I doubt they will just …I'll email them with a quote and see what they say. I doubt they will just say keep the mobile phone over a £30 delivery cost but we shall see. Thanks

Yeah for sure but they will refund the bigger amount.
    Author
    deleted7595331/05/2020 20:52

Yeah for sure but they will refund the bigger amount.

Do you mean the bigger amount as in £30 or the amount of the phone?
    Anonymous User
    bbfb12331/05/2020 21:30

Do you mean the bigger amount as in £30 or the amount of the phone?

Bigger amount
    I have the same issue but purchased from "Amazon EU Sarl" not a marketplace seller. I've emailed cs..
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but has anyone managed to ship an item back to any of the Amazon European sites? I am trying to return a product purchased from Amazon.it and it is a complete nightmare.

I have shipped the item with both Parcelforce and DPD and they have both times been refused by customs and returned back to me. Now they are telling me that because the item is being returned to an Amazon fulfillment centre, I must provide Amazon's EORI number....which Amazon won't give to me.

Anyone successfully returned anything this year? which courier did you use?

Thanks!
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants