Cheapest way to send a shoebox size parcel?

Found 8th Aug 2012
Hi HUKD,

Looking for the cheapest way to send an item which I'll probably end up putting into a box the size of a shoebox roughly. Value of the item is just under £50 and would like a signature on delivery.

I know sometimes companies will have an offer on for parcels.

Collect+ to another shop isn't an option unfortunately.

Cheers
Community Updates
MiscParcel ServiceShoes
9 Comments
£50 is a lot! I sent a fairly large box (think filing cabinet dimensions) and 15kg via Parcelforce with insurance up to £500
Total cost was just shy of £25

I used P4D who then release to couriers such as parcelforce,citylink etc depending on size/weight/locations etc
Worth checking it out but £50 in the first instance is way too much unless you're insuring it to silly amounts or is very very heavy
interparcel.co.uk and use Hermes

cost about £6 and you get a signature. Ive used them a good few times with no problems.
The amount of these threads is bordering on ridiculous. Combine google with a little savvy and you're onto a winner.
aj84

£50 is a lot! I sent a fairly large box (think filing cabinet … £50 is a lot! I sent a fairly large box (think filing cabinet dimensions) and 15kg via Parcelforce with insurance up to £500Total cost was just shy of £25I used P4D who then release to couriers such as parcelforce,citylink etc depending on size/weight/locations etcWorth checking it out but £50 in the first instance is way too much unless you're insuring it to silly amounts or is very very heavy

The item is valued at less than £50 not the cost that the OP has been quoted to send.
Oops! My bad
If the package is under 750g royal mail second class recorded. If over collect plus or myhermes
It might be under 750g actually I'll weigh it when I get home. Thanks for all the response (I do realise this is a common thread! sorry :p)
There's a 25% voucher off with myhermes, sent an item that would have been £7.50 - £8 with collectplus for a £5, and it's meant to be a 2 day service, not as many shops as collectplus but wasn't too far to go, better than waiting in for courier :-).
25% off for new customers at myhermes (was working 2 days ago).
Use myhermes1.co.uk...it will cost around £4 with insurance. I think its £1 extra for signiture. Theres also a 25% off code for new customers wich should bring the price down to around £3-£3.50. Either have the parcel collected or drop off at parcelshop.
Code; CLTNS12
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants