Cheapest way to send money abroad?

Found 17th Jan
Hi, I am just trying to pay for an apartment that were hiring for a week this year in Italy. The transfer is for 300 euros however Santander are charging me £25 per transaction, is there any other way of me sending the money for cheaper? I will need to pay them twice so £50 is quite a large sum of money.

Thank you!
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
revolut, else lloyds has free sepa transfers via online banking
Edited by: "murtgurge" 17th Jan
Check they are sending it via sepa not eft. Much cheaper
Halifax Clarity.
Use western union

Download the app, log and sign up. Click the country and amount then click pay in western Union store and proceed.

This is very cheap. Around £3.90..
Azimo
Western Union lol...
windym11 h, 30 m ago

Halifax Clarity.

I do have one of these cards, but I believe it's £9.50 per payment which is still quite high.
MrMan201111 h, 18 m ago

Use western unionDownload the app, log and sign up. Click the country and …Use western unionDownload the app, log and sign up. Click the country and amount then click pay in western Union store and proceed. This is very cheap. Around £3.90..

Is revolut a better option as no fee and the exchange rate will probably be better?
psychobitchfromhell11 h, 39 m ago

Check they are sending it via sepa not eft. Much cheaper

How do I check that? I've been given an IBAN code and a Swift code?
hfullwood19 m ago

How do I check that? I've been given an IBAN code and a Swift code?

Just ask them
Is PayPal not an option for foreign transfers? Never tried using for that kind of thing but worth a look...
transferwise (small fee) or revolut (no fee)
ask if the owner has a paypal account. you could pay him via paypal.
hfullwood2 h, 27 m ago

I do have one of these cards, but I believe it's £9.50 per payment which …I do have one of these cards, but I believe it's £9.50 per payment which is still quite high.

Halifax Clarity don't charge fees for payments in other currencies. It is a credit card so you spend as normal. Give the card details to the holiday company.

We don't charge fees when you spend abroad.

• We don’t charge you a fee to withdraw cash outside the UK.
  • The ATM provider may charge you a fee for taking cash out.
  • Whatever you spend abroad will be converted to Sterling at a rate set by MasterCard®.
  • Interest is added to any spending on your card, unless paid off by the due date each month.
  • £20 cashback offer valid on accounts opened by 28th February 2018, conditions apply.
Edited by: "windym" 18th Jan
I always use PayPal, then at least you have some protection. All you need is their email address
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants