Cheapest way to send something to ukraine?

Found 14th Nov 2011
I sold something on Ebay, but I have two of them so I offered the second highest bidder a second chance offer.

Anyway he has just messaged me and asked the cheapest price of postage to the Ukraine. I don't mind sending as he has 150 positive (100%) feedback.

So any ideas on the best and cheapest postage method? I would like it signed for, not too worried about tracked though.

The box at a guess-timate is about 80MM D - 250 MM W - 450 MM L

Thanks
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
whatsThePoint

if they only buy they aren't going to get any negs

Yup, fair point mate. Its not a high value item only about £30.

If I get it signed for, Should be ok though.
try royal mail..its not very expensive...
humadoon

try royal mail..its not very expensive...

I was wondering if a courier would be cheaper as its a reasonable sized box.
jonny619447

I was wondering if a courier would be cheaper as its a reasonable sized … I was wondering if a courier would be cheaper as its a reasonable sized box.

couriers arnt cheaper to send parcels out of the country
dcx_badass

Will only have buyer protection for one item if that's all the listing … Will only have buyer protection for one item if that's all the listing was for.

But I'm selling
churchill

couriers arnt cheaper to send parcels out of the country

Ok, I'll prob just list the other item normally for UK delivery only then.
I don't think you can get signatures for foreign sends. I remember royal mail telling someone that they can only track the parcel in the UK and when it leaves the UK, it goes over to the overseas courier so they lose control of it.
Try google royal mail price finder.
Ask JFK to take it over for you.
i was going to recommend the UK Border Agency, but they are fairly useless at sending anything abroad really!
TBH bud, I would be very wary of sending anything to the Ukraine. Its all well and good using Royal Mail, but they only track the item whilst on these shores, they then hand it over to another countries mail system and that is where the problem lies.
I think dcx was meaning to refer to seller protection, not buyer protection. The buyer could very easily try and claw back the money claiming non receipt whether it arrived or not.
Don't send via Royal Mail when sending abroad - ever. Only use a courier which has door-to-door tracking. It might be expensive, but that cost will have to be met by the buyer.

I had a guy from Ukraine (I think.. can't remember) buy my Orange San Francisco. I told him it'll be £30 for DHL or £10 for Royal Mail - but you must pay by Paypal gift. He paid by ppg, although I think he was a little worried I'd scam him. Poor guy sounded so happy when he emailed me to say he'd got it!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants