Cheapest way to ship a car from Sussex to N Ireland?

Found 9th Jun
My wife wants her sister to have her old car (Toyota Verso S). We live in East Sussex and sis lives in Armagh. None of us have time to drive it over & would rather not anyway. I have looked at driven delivery which is a bit steep (around £550) does anyone have a cheaper Idea? Thanks
Community Updates
AskHome & Garden
13 Comments
Get the sister who is having it to come over and drive it back.
st8mike4 m ago

Get the sister who is having it to come over and drive it back.

Like I said, none of us have time. It would take 2 days to travel here and back & she has little kids & a full time job.
Pay my expenses and time, and I'll do it 😁
sell it and give the sister the money to buy another one closer to home
Hold on to it till one of you does have the time. The only other option is to meet half way maybe at the ferry port, send her the link to this video and she should get the message.

Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 9th Jun
Give Woodsides a ring, they always in England bringing cars over to N.Ireland. They more or less the major tansporter of cars into N.Ireland. Afraid to say the contact I had has since moved jobs. No idea of price though.

woodsides.com/woo…ght

Try MVT also who are actually based in Armagh.
mvt.co.uk/
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 9th Jun
Drive it over then fly back or vice versa.
About 6h drive with an hour or so on the ferry. Even if you stop every hour your looking at half a day at worst.
joedastudd1 h, 31 m ago

Drive it over then fly back or vice versa. About 6h drive with an hour or …Drive it over then fly back or vice versa. About 6h drive with an hour or so on the ferry. Even if you stop every hour your looking at half a day at worst.

Six hours? How fast are you driving?
psychobitchfromhell8 h, 5 m ago

Six hours? How fast are you driving?

Google shows it at 10h including over 3h ferry and wait time.
joedastudd3 m ago

Google shows it at 10h including over 3h ferry and wait time.

where are you getting the ferry from?
cecilmcroberts21 h, 57 m ago

Give Woodsides a ring, they always in England bringing cars over to …Give Woodsides a ring, they always in England bringing cars over to N.Ireland. They more or less the major tansporter of cars into N.Ireland. Afraid to say the contact I had has since moved jobs. No idea of price though. http://www.woodsides.com/woodside-motorfreightTry MVT also who are actually based in Armagh. http://www.mvt.co.uk/

Thanks for that mate, got quotes from both & MVT are cheapest, saved me a few quid there
Yo
501MHZ2 h, 31 m ago

Thanks for that mate, got quotes from both & MVT are cheapest, saved me a …Thanks for that mate, got quotes from both & MVT are cheapest, saved me a few quid there

You're welcome. Try the one below also, just happen to pass one of the vehicles yesterday and all the cars on it had English Plates. Where I work is loaded with car dealers and one of our largest auction houses in N.Ireland so always seeing who is transporting cars lol.
johnstoncartransportltd.co.uk/
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 10th Jun
cecilmcroberts1 h, 2 m ago

Yo You're welcome. Try the one below also, just happen to pass one of the …Yo You're welcome. Try the one below also, just happen to pass one of the vehicles yesterday and all the cars on it had English Plates. Where I work is loaded with car dealers and one of our largest auction houses in N.Ireland so always seeing who is transporting cars lol. https://www.johnstoncartransportltd.co.uk/

Will try them in the morning, thanks again Cecil, have a good one!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants