Cheapest way to travel from Manchester to Blackpool???

23 replies
Found 21st Oct 2009
U havent let me down b4 u lovely ppl

What is the cheapest way to travel from blackpool from Manchester..preferably this friday thanks in advance xx

Cheekychic

22 Comments

Original Poster

b4 anyone says, .... no i aint hitchhiking!!!

I was gonna say just walk!!!!!!!

If you go by train you have to take two,one via Preston,you can't go direct.

deb8z;6643586

If you go by train you have to take two,one via Preston,you can't go … If you go by train you have to take two,one via Preston,you can't go direct.

yeah best to get a train and do the stop off at preston.

jellybaby22;6643599

bus? i would think it would be quicker cos u change with trains

lol i live just outside of manchester and i wouldnt even know where to start with the buses.

Original Poster

deb8z;6643586

If you go by train you have to take two,one via Preston,you can't go … If you go by train you have to take two,one via Preston,you can't go direct.

yeh u can to blackpool north from manc

cheekychic;6643786

yeh u can to blackpool north from manc

Can you:?

Transpennine Express services run direct from Piccadilly to Blackpool North.

They call at Preston.

Original Poster

emasu;6643803

Transpennine Express services run direct from Piccadilly to Blackpool … Transpennine Express services run direct from Piccadilly to Blackpool North.They call at Preston.

yes is that the cheapest way???

Indeed, direct trains run between BPN and MAN.
Depending when you want to travel it's XX:45 each hour until 15:45 then 16:41, 17:20 then 18:45.
Advance single tickets show at £6.00 but depends on what train you want to get. Turn up at the station and pay is £13.50 for a single.

emasu;6643803

Transpennine Express services run direct from Piccadilly to Blackpool … Transpennine Express services run direct from Piccadilly to Blackpool North.They call at Preston.

I never knew that,had to swap trains to go to South Shore:w00t:

If you're going to Blackpool South, then you'd need to change at Preston.

It might be cheaper to go from Victoria with Northern, not too sure though.

coach - thru quidco?
or train thru quidco?

emasu;6643893

If you're going to Blackpool South, then you'd need to change at … If you're going to Blackpool South, then you'd need to change at Preston.It might be cheaper to go from Victoria with Northern, not too sure though.

Checked Northern and tickets at full price at £13.50 and of course journey time around 2 hours :x

emasu;6643803

Best option:thumbsup:

lawe;6643927

Checked Northern and tickets at full price at £13.50 and of course … Checked Northern and tickets at full price at £13.50 and of course journey time around 2 hours :x

In that case I'll be taking my Class 185

Original Poster

emasu;6643893

If you're going to Blackpool South, then you'd need to change at … If you're going to Blackpool South, then you'd need to change at Preston.It might be cheaper to go from Victoria with Northern, not too sure though.

well i get free travel up to bolton, but i will prob go from salford crescent

emasu;6643971

In that case I'll be taking my Class 185

3 - 3 :thumbsup:

cheekychic;6644018

well i get free travel up to bolton, but i will prob go from salford … well i get free travel up to bolton, but i will prob go from salford crescent

Well if you get free travel from B'pool to Bolton then the single Bolton - Manchester is a horrendous £2.90 single!

lawe;6644093

Well if you get free travel from B'pool to Bolton then the single Bolton … Well if you get free travel from B'pool to Bolton then the single Bolton - Manchester is a horrendous £2.90 single!

I think she gets free travel from Salford Crescent or any Manchester stations upto Bolton.:)

Blackpool:? are you feeling ill?

i did the train from picadilly on a stag do and got a taxi back for a bargain £100 cash upfront lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769494
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming34
    3. Wow apple you really are bad1926
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1047

See more discussions