Posted 16 February 2017

cheapest way to update Nissan qashqai satnav?

As above.

The original is on an sd card. But I'm not sure it's the latest version.

Don't know when the last release was or anything
Community Updates
New Comment

21 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    ipswich78

Use the Sat Nav on your phone - Always going to be better than any … Use the Sat Nav on your phone - Always going to be better than any built-in Sat Nav.

No
    joxeruk2000

No

Fair enough, I was giving you a cheaper option that'll give you a much better interface, user experience and lifetime updates. Buy heyho. So much more for so much less.
    Ring Nissan!
    What version does it say on the SD card?
    Author
    Madferrit

What version does it say on the SD card?

Not sure. Missus is out in the car.
    Author
    pimmzy

Ring Nissan!

Not sure they'd be the cheapest
    Use the Sat Nav on your phone - Always going to be better than any built-in Sat Nav.
    Need car Year, Where SD card slot is on the radio and which Connect Version 1 2 or 3
    You can update simply by changing the SD card, but the changes might not be worth your while for the cost involved. There are 2 types of Connects, I think version 1 and 2. You'll need to know that as well. Once you've got more info I can probably help you out finding more about the upgrade.
    Author
    Madferrit

You can update simply by changing the SD card, but the changes might not … You can update simply by changing the SD card, but the changes might not be worth your while for the cost involved. There are 2 types of Connects, I think version 1 and 2. You'll need to know that as well. Once you've got more info I can probably help you out finding more about the upgrade.

Connect 1 version 7 I think is needed. Looks like £50 on eBay for a genuine one. What's to stop someone copying the sd card and using that?
    joxeruk2000

Connect 1 version 7 I think is needed. Looks like £50 on eBay for a … Connect 1 version 7 I think is needed. Looks like £50 on eBay for a genuine one. What's to stop someone copying the sd card and using that?

Not possible as the card is copy protected so no way round copying it. I'm member of the Qashqai forums and loads have looked in to trying this and it wasn't possible.
    Author
    ipswich78

Fair enough, I was giving you a cheaper option that'll give you a much … Fair enough, I was giving you a cheaper option that'll give you a much better interface, user experience and lifetime updates. Buy heyho. So much more for so much less.

Got two satnavs with lifetime updates but this is built in so no wires or running phone batteries and data down.
    Author
    Poppyj1

Not possible as the card is copy protected so no way round copying it. … Not possible as the card is copy protected so no way round copying it. I'm member of the Qashqai forums and loads have looked in to trying this and it wasn't possible.

A bit off topic but do you have a service plan for your qashqai? How much do you pay if so?
    joxeruk2000

A bit off topic but do you have a service plan for your qashqai? How much … A bit off topic but do you have a service plan for your qashqai? How much do you pay if so?

I got a 1 or 2 year service for free when purchasing the car new and outright.
    Just bought a new car a Nissan Qashqai 1.5 diesel and I need to update the sat nav
    Author
    deleted186753027/11/2017 18:11

Just bought a new car a Nissan Qashqai 1.5 diesel and I need to update the …Just bought a new car a Nissan Qashqai 1.5 diesel and I need to update the sat nav

I never ended up buying an update. The ones I saw on eBay after enquiring didn’t seem so legit. I asked if it came on an sd card and they said I needed to buy a blank one and copy it. Maybe you’ll find someone genuine to buy from? It was a while ago
    Look at the GPSunderground website, they used to have the files/roms/images for car GPS systems. This was a while ago when I updated my Primera's GPS on a DVD. Never bought a car with inbuilt GPS since, much prefer the phone option. Waze is second to none in my opinion.
    Hi. Can anyone help me. I have just bought a Quashquai 2011 car. I have noticed the the Sat-Nav is way out of date. Its on a SD card which is located on the bottom right hand side of the head unit. Do i have to go through Nissan? Or is there a company that deals with this. But i want a proper one, not something that is a copy.
    I know i can use my phone etc. But i do prefer the system in the car. Thank you so much in advance.

Rita.
    Author
    deleted195545509/06/2018 16:02

Hi. Can anyone help me. I have just bought a Quashquai 2011 car. I have …Hi. Can anyone help me. I have just bought a Quashquai 2011 car. I have noticed the the Sat-Nav is way out of date. Its on a SD card which is located on the bottom right hand side of the head unit. Do i have to go through Nissan? Or is there a company that deals with this. But i want a proper one, not something that is a copy. I know i can use my phone etc. But i do prefer the system in the car. Thank you so much in advance.Rita.

Use the link above in comments to find out which you need. Then you can shop around eBay and amazon etc to find a better price. My wife never bothered to update ours so I never bought one. But there are dealer types on eBay that will have it cheaper. Just make sure I to ask them questions. Mine is on an sd card. I’m guessing yours will be.
    deleted195545509/06/2018 16:02

Hi. Can anyone help me. I have just bought a Quashquai 2011 car. I have …Hi. Can anyone help me. I have just bought a Quashquai 2011 car. I have noticed the the Sat-Nav is way out of date. Its on a SD card which is located on the bottom right hand side of the head unit. Do i have to go through Nissan? Or is there a company that deals with this. But i want a proper one, not something that is a copy. I know i can use my phone etc. But i do prefer the system in the car. Thank you so much in advance.Rita.

Did you ever find out about the update as need to do the same? Cheers
's avatar