Groups

cheapest way to update Nissan qashqai satnav?

As above.

The original is on an sd card. But I'm not sure it's the latest version.

Don't know when the last release was or anything

15 Comments

Ring Nissan!

What version does it say on the SD card?

Original Poster

Madferrit

What version does it say on the SD card?

Not sure. Missus is out in the car.

Original Poster

pimmzy

Ring Nissan!

Not sure they'd be the cheapest

Use the Sat Nav on your phone - Always going to be better than any built-in Sat Nav.

Original Poster

ipswich78

Use the Sat Nav on your phone - Always going to be better than any … Use the Sat Nav on your phone - Always going to be better than any built-in Sat Nav.

No

Need car Year, Where SD card slot is on the radio and which Connect Version 1 2 or 3

You can update simply by changing the SD card, but the changes might not be worth your while for the cost involved. There are 2 types of Connects, I think version 1 and 2. You'll need to know that as well. Once you've got more info I can probably help you out finding more about the upgrade.

Original Poster

Madferrit

You can update simply by changing the SD card, but the changes might not … You can update simply by changing the SD card, but the changes might not be worth your while for the cost involved. There are 2 types of Connects, I think version 1 and 2. You'll need to know that as well. Once you've got more info I can probably help you out finding more about the upgrade.

Connect 1 version 7 I think is needed. Looks like £50 on eBay for a genuine one. What's to stop someone copying the sd card and using that?

joxeruk2000

Connect 1 version 7 I think is needed. Looks like £50 on eBay for a … Connect 1 version 7 I think is needed. Looks like £50 on eBay for a genuine one. What's to stop someone copying the sd card and using that?

Not possible as the card is copy protected so no way round copying it. I'm member of the Qashqai forums and loads have looked in to trying this and it wasn't possible.

joxeruk2000

No

Fair enough, I was giving you a cheaper option that'll give you a much better interface, user experience and lifetime updates. Buy heyho. So much more for so much less.

Original Poster

ipswich78

Fair enough, I was giving you a cheaper option that'll give you a much … Fair enough, I was giving you a cheaper option that'll give you a much better interface, user experience and lifetime updates. Buy heyho. So much more for so much less.

Got two satnavs with lifetime updates but this is built in so no wires or running phone batteries and data down.

Original Poster

Poppyj1

Not possible as the card is copy protected so no way round copying it. … Not possible as the card is copy protected so no way round copying it. I'm member of the Qashqai forums and loads have looked in to trying this and it wasn't possible.

A bit off topic but do you have a service plan for your qashqai? How much do you pay if so?

joxeruk2000

A bit off topic but do you have a service plan for your qashqai? How much … A bit off topic but do you have a service plan for your qashqai? How much do you pay if so?

I got a 1 or 2 year service for free when purchasing the car new and outright.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1638
      2. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.710
      3. Biscuit addiction2060
      4. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA810

See more discussions