Cheapest way to watch F1 this season?

Posted 25th Feb
I don't have any TV packages and the price of sky is absolutely stupid. I watched the highlights last year but missed the build up on race day so want to see if there is any cheap way of getting F1 tv or alike.

Cheers.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Iptv
Iptv the illegal route. Sharing now TV with someone the legal route
Legally, NowTV will be your best bet. Each year they release a F1 deal which is around £190 for a 9 month pass, but tou get all the sports channels for this price.

However, as China has been postponed, and the fact the first three races are usually on Sky One, you might be better off getting NowTV Entertainment for the first three races, maybe a free offer around on here somewhere. Then buying a three month sports pass from the likes of Currys ebay when they so a deal and this would then take you up to the mid season break, then another three month pass to take you up to the end of the season.

Total cost would be around £100.

This is what I’m planning on doing.
Edited by: "ArcadeAssassin" 25th Feb
If it's just F1 then I'd just buy a nowtv day pass on Sunday.

I don't know what the current price is but i remember the cheapest i picked one up for was £3 (eBay).

It's roughly 22 races so approx. £66 in total for the year.

You can watch on a TV or other device.

If you want a free nowtv box just send me the postage and you can have "one" of mine.
Edited by: "5hooey" 25th Feb
Live F1 2020 is being broadcast on satellite free to air in HD by German broadcaster RTL - if you don’t mind German commentary or listening to out of sync Radio 5. You’ll need a cheap free to air receiver & a dish pointed in a slightly different position to Sky dishes though.
captainbeaky25/02/2020 09:56

Live F1 2020 is being broadcast on satellite free to air in HD by German …Live F1 2020 is being broadcast on satellite free to air in HD by German broadcaster RTL

Please tell me there's a German version of Eddie Jordan too

Is there any cheap ways for Freesat users?
Thanks.
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell25/02/2020 10:56

Please tell me there's a German version of Eddie Jordan too Is there …Please tell me there's a German version of Eddie Jordan too Is there any cheap ways for Freesat users?Thanks.

I assume you’ve never heard of Kai then?

motorsport.com/f1/…29/
Cheers guys, what IPTV providers are you using?
ArcadeAssassin25/02/2020 15:08

I assume you’ve never heard of Kai t …I assume you’ve never heard of Kai then?https://www.motorsport.com/f1/photos/kai-ebel-rtl-tv-presenter-9/1705829/

Yes, I've seen him before.
Does he have crystal balls like Edmund... for predicting the future?
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell25/02/2020 19:07

Yes, I've seen him before.Does he have crystal balls like Edmund... for …Yes, I've seen him before.Does he have crystal balls like Edmund... for predicting the future?

Not quite as much, but he does use 200 words when 10 would have been sufficient, and his loud dress sense is on par with EJs.
i thought now tv was sd only?
nothing like f1 on an lg oled through skyq in uhd, but it comes at a cost.
Buy a scalextric set
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants