Cheapest WhatsApp phone?

Found 12th Mar
Need a phone that supports WhatsApp. Was using a Samsung galaxy ace but WhatsApp isn’t supported on it because it’s android is old...

Can anyone recommend a cheap phone?

Thank you
Community Updates
AskPhones
16 Comments
master104 h, 22 m ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01H6MMT08/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_JJHPAbPQYGMSZ

I like it can these be unlocked
If you don't mind tinkering - you could root the phone and upgrade the software. Not for the faint of hear though!

XDA developers site should give you everything you need.
WestMidlands19 m ago

I like it can these be unlocked

Yes for about £1 with a code from eBay.
Oneday773 m ago

Yes for about £1 with a code from eBay.

What about this roofing stuff?
WestMidlands2 m ago

Not sure about Welsh Slate on a Phone.

As for rooting, no idea.
WestMidlands4 h, 35 m ago

It gives you full access to the phone so that you can do your own android updates rather than depending on the manufacturer to issue one. You could root your galaxy ace and potentially save yourself from spending a penny.
MichaelGL1 h, 6 m ago

It gives you full access to the phone so that you can do your own android …It gives you full access to the phone so that you can do your own android updates rather than depending on the manufacturer to issue one. You could root your galaxy ace and potentially save yourself from spending a penny.

I've rooted my samsung galaxy ace, but I don't know how to get whatsapp on there because the samsung galaxy ace is android 2.3.6 and whatsapp have stopped supporting new activations on there...

any help mate?
WestMidlands1 h, 16 m ago

I've rooted my samsung galaxy ace, but I don't know how to get whatsapp on …I've rooted my samsung galaxy ace, but I don't know how to get whatsapp on there because the samsung galaxy ace is android 2.3.6 and whatsapp have stopped supporting new activations on there...any help mate?

Do you know which model number your Ace is? I looked for custom ROMs that will be a higher version of android but seems there's a few different variants of the Ace.
MichaelGL3 h, 19 m ago

Do you know which model number your Ace is? I looked for custom ROMs that …Do you know which model number your Ace is? I looked for custom ROMs that will be a higher version of android but seems there's a few different variants of the Ace.

How do I check mate?
WestMidlands30 m ago

How do I check mate?

When you boot up it should say the model version (Samsung Galaxy Ace S*****). I had an old Ace and I think I got a Cyanogen ROM for KitKat on it so there will be many years of support left (don't use the Ace, just wanted to practice rooting since it is so easy on the earlier versions of Android).
jamie0153 h, 51 m ago

When you boot up it should say the model version (Samsung Galaxy Ace …When you boot up it should say the model version (Samsung Galaxy Ace S*****). I had an old Ace and I think I got a Cyanogen ROM for KitKat on it so there will be many years of support left (don't use the Ace, just wanted to practice rooting since it is so easy on the earlier versions of Android).

Hi

The model number is: gt-s5830i.

Could you help me install another rom? I only rooted it initially to delete stock apps lol

Would be great to get this little thing running again. It’s been sitting in the window ever since WhatsApp went.

Thank you
MichaelGL7 h, 42 m ago

Do you know which model number your Ace is? I looked for custom ROMs that …Do you know which model number your Ace is? I looked for custom ROMs that will be a higher version of android but seems there's a few different variants of the Ace.

Hi thE model number is gt-s5830i
WestMidlands6 h, 24 m ago

HiThe model number is: gt-s5830i. Could you help me install another rom? I …HiThe model number is: gt-s5830i. Could you help me install another rom? I only rooted it initially to delete stock apps lol Would be great to get this little thing running again. It’s been sitting in the window ever since WhatsApp went. Thank you

Check XDA with the model number but make sure you are looking for ROMS with GT-S5830i, not GT-S5830 as they are different. This one might work (KitKat), but please check to be certain: forum.xda-developers.com/gal…865
jamie0159 h, 55 m ago

Check XDA with the model number but make sure you are looking for ROMS …Check XDA with the model number but make sure you are looking for ROMS with GT-S5830i, not GT-S5830 as they are different. This one might work (KitKat), but please check to be certain: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-ace/s5830i-develop/team-arm-core-cmx11-nitrox-edition-t3492865

Hi

Do I download Nitro V3? Im finding this very confusing
Ok I have downloaded Nitro 3, trying to follow the instructions
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants