Groups

Cheapest XBOX ONE?

Hi I want to start playing xbox again. The last time I played was back in 2009 when I still had the xbox 360. Now so many came out. I have no idea what to get? What the hell is the S version and the X Y X version? I just want the basic one that can play the current new games. Also what are the differences anyways? Also does anyone know any website or shops where I can buy a cheap XBOX ONE in the UK? I really appreciate the help

5 Comments

Depends if you're looking to buy new or second hand, which will give you your answer for the cheapest one.

The Xbox One S is the slimmer version which runs 4K (only benefits those with a 4K TV). The standard Xbox One is still great and runs all of the latest games, and is generally cheaper (since the Xbox One S only just released).

New prices are about £200 for each of them, second hand you can pick up the Normal console for around £150. (if it helps, I'm selling my Xbox One on HotUKDeals over here: hotukdeals.com/for…ead )

You've got two options - the (original) Xbox One and the Xbox One S. The "S" model effectively supersedes the orignal model and is a slight upgrade, most significantly in being 40% smaller, but it also has:
    - A small performance boost
    - A 4K Blu-Ray player
    - 4K upscaling functionality
    - HDR

The last three of these all require a compatible TV to see any benefit.

Aside from this, there are three different hard drive capacities available - 500GB, 1TB and 2TB. The smaller hard drive sizes are of course cheaper; how much of an issue this is for you will depend on the size of your games library and whether you prefer digital or physical purchases.

As for good deals, start by browsing here: hotukdeals.com/sea…one

Original Poster

Eden0032

Depends if you're looking to buy new or second hand, which will give you … Depends if you're looking to buy new or second hand, which will give you your answer for the cheapest one. The Xbox One S is the slimmer version which runs 4K (only benefits those with a 4K TV). The standard Xbox One is still great and runs all of the latest games, and is generally cheaper (since the Xbox One S only just released). New prices are about £200 for each of them, second hand you can pick up the Normal console for around £150. (if it helps, I'm selling my Xbox One on HotUKDeals over here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/for-sale-trade/fs-xbox-one-console-halo-5-limited-edition-2519001?view=lastpostread )

Thank you for your answer. I think I get second hand then.
    Also what is the normal xbox one called? xbox one? and whats with the 500GB or x y x GB ones how much do i need exactly? really appreciate your help and good luck on your sale!

simonlo_

Thank you for your answer. I think I get second hand then.Also what is … Thank you for your answer. I think I get second hand then.Also what is the normal xbox one called? xbox one? and whats with the 500GB or x y x GB ones how much do i need exactly? really appreciate your help and good luck on your sale!

A 'normal' Xbox One is called just that - an "Xbox One", that's it.

500GB is perfectly sufficient if you don't have a huge number of games and are happy to deal with the occasional uninstallation. The average 'big budget' game might require around 50GB to install, for example.
    Edited by: "Illusionary" 28th Sep 2016

simonlo_

Thank you for your answer. I think I get second hand then.Also what is … Thank you for your answer. I think I get second hand then.Also what is the normal xbox one called? xbox one? and whats with the 500GB or x y x GB ones how much do i need exactly? really appreciate your help and good luck on your sale!

As Illusionary has said, 500GB would perfectly suffice your needs to start with, and you'll be able to install a reasonably large number of games. Should you run out, you can always attach an external hard drive (any brand, as long as it is USB 3.0 and has at least 500GB storage).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iptv814
      2. How to cancel Virgin Media?812
      3. Mountain bike £200-£30033
      4. Music download22

See more discussions