Cheapish new boiler recommendation

Found 28th Dec 2017
Hi,

Boiler in my flat keep s breaking down and I have had to replace the fan several times recently. I'm thinking just to bite the bullet and buy a new boiler but have no idea what to look for and what a decent price is. Any pointers would be appreciated. Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
No idea on price, but this recent Thread might point you in the right direction
Fan should have had a warranty..
Worcester bosch is decent and ‘cheaper’ than others, but still a bit of money. The main cost will be labour for the gas safe engineer to install
LEXIE5511 h, 59 m ago

Fan should have had a warranty..

Just a year and they tend to go after that
pannan2 h, 13 m ago

Just a year and they tend to go after that

out of interest, what boiler do you have? i have several combi boilers

potterton
worcester bosch
vaillant

and the fan does not go every year, if at all.
mutley11 h, 58 m ago

out of interest, what boiler do you have? i have several combi …out of interest, what boiler do you have? i have several combi boilerspottertonworcester boschvaillantand the fan does not go every year, if at all.

Hi,

/it's a pretty ancient Myson Apollo 30si. Fans are reconditioned also which may explain why they knacker so readily!
pannan3 h, 42 m ago

Hi,/it's a pretty ancient Myson Apollo 30si. Fans are reconditioned also …Hi,/it's a pretty ancient Myson Apollo 30si. Fans are reconditioned also which may explain why they knacker so readily!

from all the boilers that i have had, vaillant was the worst one that i have owned. All the gas engineers say that vaillant is the best boiler and it was the most expensive that i had installed as it was for my own house, but it did not last long before faults developed and was continually breaking down even though it was fixed by British Gas as I had a maintenance contract with them. It was located in the bathroom, which may what caused it to fail early as the moisture in the bathroom probably didn't help, although the bathroom was quite a big room so didn't suffer from damp.

ever since then i have bought potterton, which i find more reliable. i also have worcester bosch, which is cheaper than potterton but just as reliable so i would probably install worcester bosch in future.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants