cheated by Maplin, what can I do now?

Found 20th Apr
I bought 2 brand new Blue Microphone on Maplin Online, today I received my package, it’s supposed to be sealed, however, two microphones that I received are opened and are deliberately resealed. Oh damn, it’s a scam!!!;( cannot believe this company is so cheeky ... I don’t know what can I do now
2928741-jlhtm.jpg
2928741-bQsEH.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
You may have received the one I sent back, I swapped out my faulty one for a new one
19 Comments
Are the microphones in there ? Some retailers open things to make sure the item is in there.
What did you pay with ?
Just send them back if you are unhappy.
not exactly a scam
OK, so allegedly, according to your version;

The Maplin Administrators are advertising NEW goods of this type which woudl come in sealed boxes. Your rights remain unchanged. Therefore the contract has not been fulfilled by Maplin Adminsitrators. These are, at best, Open Box seconds.

Did your purchase come to more than £100 and then you paid by Credit Card? S75 rights apply and you can hold the Credit Card merchant EQUALLY liable so it really doesn't matter if Maplins go bust first.

PwC’s Zelf Hussain, Toby Underwood and Ian Green are the Administrators. Make them aware formally in writing to their office address (cc to email) that they are selling new goods but delivering goods that are not new and hold the Administartors and PWC equally responsible.

PWC is a professional services firm and their partners (Hussain) don't like this kind of thing. Administrators have to be exceedingly careful about what hey do or they get struck off. This isngle incident would nto do that but who knows waht else is going on. PWC lawyers will blow smoke up your tush by return but you may get a quicker response for returns.
ding6 m ago

not exactly a scam

Actually, it is a scam. These are not new
kester7645 m ago

What did you pay with ?

I paid with paypal
ccnp35 m ago

OK, so allegedly, according to your version;The Maplin Administrators are …OK, so allegedly, according to your version;The Maplin Administrators are advertising NEW goods of this type which woudl come in sealed boxes. Your rights remain unchanged. Therefore the contract has not been fulfilled by Maplin Adminsitrators. These are, at best, Open Box seconds.Did your purchase come to more than £100 and then you paid by Credit Card? S75 rights apply and you can hold the Credit Card merchant EQUALLY liable so it really doesn't matter if Maplins go bust first.PwC’s Zelf Hussain, Toby Underwood and Ian Green are the Administrators. Make them aware formally in writing to their office address (cc to email) that they are selling new goods but delivering goods that are not new and hold the Administartors and PWC equally responsible. PWC is a professional services firm and their partners (Hussain) don't like this kind of thing. Administrators have to be exceedingly careful about what hey do or they get struck off. This isngle incident would nto do that but who knows waht else is going on. PWC lawyers will blow smoke up your tush by return but you may get a quicker response for returns.

Thanks so much I already wrote an email to Zelf hussain
You may have received the one I sent back, I swapped out my faulty one for a new one
nbwuwd26 m ago

I paid with paypal

Pretty sure you can open a dispute with them .
Litherx1 h, 40 m ago

You may have received the one I sent back, I swapped out my faulty one for …You may have received the one I sent back, I swapped out my faulty one for a new one

Thanks for information, do u know how can I return my microphone? Can I just walk in their store?
Any organization that I could report to ? Wanna report this misbehavior to relevant authority
Darzen4 h, 5 m ago

Are the microphones in there ? Some retailers open things to make sure the …Are the microphones in there ? Some retailers open things to make sure the item is in there.

Since I spotted this , i don’t open it and contacted their CS, until now I didn’t get any reply
ccnp3 h, 44 m ago

OK, so allegedly, according to your version;The Maplin Administrators are …OK, so allegedly, according to your version;The Maplin Administrators are advertising NEW goods of this type which woudl come in sealed boxes. Your rights remain unchanged. Therefore the contract has not been fulfilled by Maplin Adminsitrators. These are, at best, Open Box seconds.Did your purchase come to more than £100 and then you paid by Credit Card? S75 rights apply and you can hold the Credit Card merchant EQUALLY liable so it really doesn't matter if Maplins go bust first.PwC’s Zelf Hussain, Toby Underwood and Ian Green are the Administrators. Make them aware formally in writing to their office address (cc to email) that they are selling new goods but delivering goods that are not new and hold the Administartors and PWC equally responsible. PWC is a professional services firm and their partners (Hussain) don't like this kind of thing. Administrators have to be exceedingly careful about what hey do or they get struck off. This isngle incident would nto do that but who knows waht else is going on. PWC lawyers will blow smoke up your tush by return but you may get a quicker response for returns.

And yup I paid them via paypal, 2 orders, in total is more than 165quids.
nbwuwd4 m ago

An individual transaction has to be over the £100 threshold.
If u paid with PayPal open a dispute u will get your money back, I just did from grainger games even tho it’s shut and got to keep item
nbwuwd20th Apr

Assuming you have tried the obvious 1st step; contacted Maplin, demanded a refund and been refused;

This now depends on your Credit Card merchant and how they treat Paypal intermediated supply. Talk to them. Tell them you are holding them jointly liable for the transaction under S75. If they reject your claim, they should say why and that can explored further if required. If they don't say why, they may be bluffing. They may say OK in which case, you have the comfort of knowing your money is safe.
Edited by: "ccnp" 22nd Apr
ccnp1 h, 22 m ago

Assuming you have tried the obvious 1st step; contacted Maplin, demanded a …Assuming you have tried the obvious 1st step; contacted Maplin, demanded a refund and been refused;This now depends on your Credit Card merchant and how they treat Paypal intermediated supply. Talk to them. Tell them you are holding them jointly liable for the transaction under S75. If they reject your claim, they should say why and that can explored further if required. If they don't say why, they may be bluffing. They may say OK in which case, you have the comfort of knowing your money is safe.

Thanks so much for your following up, I think Section 75 may not apply to this case, since I paid it from Paypal Balance (its my eBay sales income), so what I did so far, I opened 2 dispute cases, and waiting for their responses, I have waited more than 2 days already, but since its weekend, I will give them more time, probably I will wait till next Tuesday, if they still do not reply me, I will escalate to Paypal claim. What do you think?
Edited by: "nbwuwd" 22nd Apr
Litherx20th Apr

You may have received the one I sent back, I swapped out my faulty one for …You may have received the one I sent back, I swapped out my faulty one for a new one

thanks for your information. Did you also buy Blue Raspberry Microphone? Could u pls describe the what the defects of your microphone ? Thanks!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants