Check recall status of your Whirlpool tumble dryer (Hotpoint, Indesit, Creda, Swan and Proline)

Posted 22nd Jul 2019
Website has been launched (finally), so that you can check recall status of your tumble dryer.

Did you know that Whirlpool is recalling some of the tumble dryers sold under its Hotpoint, Indesit, Creda, Swan and Proline brands?

If you think you might have a tumble dryer from one of these brands, you can check whether it needs to be recalled by calling 0800 151 0905 or clicking on the button below.

dryerrecall.whirlpool.co.uk/

If your tumble dryer is affected, you’ll get the choice either to have it replaced free of charge, to opt for an upgrade from £59, to have it fixed by an engineer or to choose a refund, which will be dependent on the age of your tumble dryer.

In the meantime, please unplug and do not use the tumble dryer until it has been replaced or modified.

Hope this information helps someone.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

43 Comments
Did ours 11th or 12th July, delivery and install of replacement on 17th, was expecting it to be weeks, if not months to be replaced!
walrus422/07/2019 09:46

Did ours 11th or 12th July, delivery and install of replacement on 17th, …Did ours 11th or 12th July, delivery and install of replacement on 17th, was expecting it to be weeks, if not months to be replaced!

That's the advantage of having the issue on the BBC etc!

Mine's a washer-dryer 2 in 1, Whirlpool branded, which doesn't seem to be covered.

Did ours 11th or 12th July, delivery and install of replacement on 17th, …Did ours 11th or 12th July, delivery and install of replacement on 17th, was expecting it to be weeks, if not months to be replaced!

mine too, I got email selected product and thought it be delivery dates next month not few days and there install it, aka heavy lifting

did you get a time frame it coming day before, mines coming torrmow and only thing I got is confirmation email
Pricklerickle22/07/2019 16:56

did you get a time frame it coming day before, mines coming torrmow and …did you get a time frame it coming day before, mines coming torrmow and only thing I got is confirmation email

I had a text the evening before with a 4 hour time slot and then a text that morning that they would be there within the next hour.
Omg. I cant belive this is still ongoing. We had ours replaced around 3-4 years ago. This should have been over a long time ago. Mind you, i would never buy whirlpool ( or whirlpool group ) again.
walrus422/07/2019 16:59

I had a text the evening before with a 4 hour time slot and then a text …I had a text the evening before with a 4 hour time slot and then a text that morning that they would be there within the next hour.

so should of got one by now
Pricklerickle22/07/2019 18:44

so should of got one by now

Just looked, it was 7.30pm I got mine, for 10am-1pm delivery
walrus422/07/2019 19:35

I am hoping for a early delivery
walrus422/07/2019 19:35

oh I just got it , 10-1, lets hope for 10 delivery
remember if you paid via credit card you can claim the money back and not have to put up with another whirlpool product,

moneysavingexpert.com/new…up/

What did they replace with?
Unfortunately I had the repair done on mine because at the time straight replacement wasnt an option, I wasn't very happy with that really as I still don't fully trust it. But now Im stuck with it.
millie199123/07/2019 13:29

What did they replace with?

There was a free condenser or vented dryer to chose from, a vented one for £59 or a condenser for £99, which is what we went for.
walrus423/07/2019 13:32

There was a free condenser or vented dryer to chose from, a vented one for …There was a free condenser or vented dryer to chose from, a vented one for £59 or a condenser for £99, which is what we went for.

They charge you???
millie199123/07/2019 13:39

They charge you???

As I said, there's 2 free ones or you can take the free repair. Was quite happy to pay £99 to replace a 10 year old dryer which was on its way out anyway regardless of any faults.
millie199123/07/2019 13:39

They charge you???

I'm guessing they replace free with what they want or you can choose to pay some towards a better one.
Which begs the question, who decides the comparison between your expensive faulty dryer and the cheap free replacement on offer?
Took over a year and a lot of complaining before finally having mine repaired.
Took the guy half an hour
I got a refund and 50 quid compo when I sent mine back
What models are they replacing with free of charge / at extra cost?
Submitted my model details on Friday, haven’t had any emails back yet.
Took them a week to get back to me after filling in the form which wasn't great. Managed to arrange a replacement for free in 4 days so can't fault them for that. Pretty sure we would have had to buy a new one soon.
Did they contact you over email Blagman?
Edited by: "Return" 23rd Jul 2019
What models are they replacing them with?
Oh man, I already threw mine away!
Looks like my dryer is part of the recall. I’ve entered my details but they said they will get back to me in 10 days.
junkshez23/07/2019 15:01

Looks like my dryer is part of the recall. I’ve entered my details but t …Looks like my dryer is part of the recall. I’ve entered my details but they said they will get back to me in 10 days.

Mine too - would be interesting to see what they are replacing them with. I would happily pay £99 to get a new model replacing my 2014 Hotpoint Aqualtis model
Had ours modified ages ago but I'll try for a freebie replacement anyway.

If you don't ask you don't get 😁
deleted455140
Thanks for this. I think ours might be eligible.
Once the form is completed did anyone got a confirmation email? I done it twice where it said my appliance is affected by the recall but nothing came through after registering.

Also does anyone have a list of what is offered as a replacement. Are they all white appliances? My issue is i'd want to opt for a replacement but if they give me a white appliance it will look odd as all my appliances including my tumble dryer is a graphite colour.
This could get hot
My old dryer was part of the recall in 2015/16 and I replaced it with the £99 condenser option. It’s still going and I haven’t had any trouble with it. It’s not part of this recall thankfully!
BM1223/07/2019 17:13

Once the form is completed did anyone got a confirmation email?

No, my confirmation screen said to wait a week for contact. Apparently this now says 10 days. God knows why this is not automated.
Edited by: "Return" 23rd Jul 2019
Our dryer is around 7 years old. Did anyone with a similar aged machine get offered the free replacement/upgrade option?
Had mine modified before they had any of the other options and it doesn't work anymore ¬_¬
I had the £59 one about 3-4 years ago. My original one was about 8 years old so I was quite happy about that
we had our 6 year old one replaced about two years ago, we had to have the replacement one repaired under warranty after 6 months and touch wood its been ok since.
Got my email with options back after 6 days... My basic Indesit dryer with a 2011 purchase date gave me these choices:

Dryer collected and £35 refunded
Dryer repaired and £50 voucher for a future Whirlpool purchase
Dryer replaced with vented model Indesit IDV75 free of charge
Dryer replaced with condenser model Indesit IDC8T3B free of charge
Dryer replaced with vented model Hotpoint TVFM70BGP for a £59 fee
Dryer replaced with condenser model Hotpoint TCFS93BGP for a £99 fee

The £99 option gives you a model that looks nicer, has a delay function, extra 1kg capacity and sensor (rather than timed) dry. Don't know if it will last any longer than the free model!
Edited by: "Return" 25th Jul 2019
Mrdom23/07/2019 13:29

Unfortunately I had the repair done on mine because at the time straight …Unfortunately I had the repair done on mine because at the time straight replacement wasnt an option, I wasn't very happy with that really as I still don't fully trust it. But now Im stuck with it.

i have been told the repair they do is the back plate with a little rivet/rod on it. that is to catch the fluff/lint. but does not fix the issue only postpone it.

I thought this recalls was the one the UK Gov where thinking about to tell the company to recall all affected units even if this fix had been done or not (think i read this in the news about a month ago)
Edited by: "Mackan" 26th Jul 2019
Mackan26/07/2019 14:27

i have been told the repair they do is the back plate with a little …i have been told the repair they do is the back plate with a little rivet/rod on it. that is to catch the fluff/lint. but does not fix the issue only postpone it.I thought this recalls was the one the UK Gov where thinking about to tell the company to recall all affected units even if this fix had been done or not (think i read this in the news about a month ago)

The link on this deal only refers to the recall applying to 'unmodified' dryers not those that have already had the 'repair' work done. I'd be very happy to find out this is wrong though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants