Check to see if the phone your buying from china will work in your country free.

Found 3rd Feb
Have you ever asked the question, “Will my mobile phone work with a certain mobile carrier?” Perhaps you're traveling to another country and want to make sure your smartphone works there. Or your buying a phone from china and you want to make sure it will be compatible in your countryYou could even be selling a cellular phone and need a website to point people to when they ask if the phone works on a certain carrier. WillMyPhoneWork.net can help you find the answer you're looking for.

All you need to do is select a mobile device (cellphone, smartphone, or tablet) from the drop-down lists below. Then, choose a mobile carrier network that you would like to use the device on.
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments
Useful, how come web site has no credits for any named person ?
Original Poster
I just purchased a Mi Max 2 phone from china i found this site very useful just to check it was going to work in the uk before i buy.I can see there has been a trend in china phones here on hotukdeals so this may come useful for anyone who would also like to check
I really didn't think if they wouldn't work here because I expected them to work. Good advice by the way
will come in handy thanks
Original Poster
The problem is a lot of china phones don’t always support all the bands that we use here in the UK. This is where you need to be certain before giving away that hard earned cash.
Pspvita7 h, 38 m ago

The problem is a lot of china phones don’t always support all the bands t …The problem is a lot of china phones don’t always support all the bands that we use here in the UK. This is where you need to be certain before giving away that hard earned cash.

What are these bands not supported in UK? I thought it is just O2 Band 20, are there others and which network please?

BTW, we like your post, since we can check out which phone to take as well when going abroad.
Edited by: "splender" 4th Feb
Original Poster
I think it ill vary on different phones but yes normally it band 20 which if you really dig hard can be software unlocked to work.
Edited by: "Pspvita" 4th Feb
splender11 h, 4 m ago

What are these bands not supported in UK? I thought it is just O2 Band 20, …What are these bands not supported in UK? I thought it is just O2 Band 20, are there others and which network please? BTW, we like your post, since we can check out which phone to take as well when going abroad.

Bit tricky to use when going abroad because it's hard to know which network you will connect to when abroad. I'm with EE and if I went to the US I obviously wouldn't connect to EE, I may connect with At&t or Verizon etc.
MIDURIX7 m ago

Bit tricky to use when going abroad because it's hard to know which …Bit tricky to use when going abroad because it's hard to know which network you will connect to when abroad. I'm with EE and if I went to the US I obviously wouldn't connect to EE, I may connect with At&t or Verizon etc.

Why is that tricky, if I went abroad, I took phone(s) based on assumed list of network providers that would work with my phone(s). Then upon arrivival just sign up.
splender50 m ago

Why is that tricky, if I went abroad, I took phone(s) based on assumed …Why is that tricky, if I went abroad, I took phone(s) based on assumed list of network providers that would work with my phone(s). Then upon arrivival just sign up.

If you went abroad on holiday the average person wouldn't sign up to a brand new contract or use a payg sim just for the holiday, they would use their current one and their current supplier would use another providers network. My point is its hard to figure out which network they would borrow.
Edited by: "MIDURIX" 4th Feb
MIDURIX11 h, 36 m ago

If you went abroad on holiday the average person wouldn't sign up to a …If you went abroad on holiday the average person wouldn't sign up to a brand new contract or use a payg sim just for the holiday, they would use their current one and their current supplier would use another providers network. My point is its hard to figure out which network they would borrow.

True for roaming partners in USA, our solution was to buy a cheapo Chinese phone as spare for USA that supports most of the US network frequencies, as you said, it can be tricky.
splender7 h, 30 m ago

True for roaming partners in USA, our solution was to buy a cheapo Chinese …True for roaming partners in USA, our solution was to buy a cheapo Chinese phone as spare for USA that supports most of the US network frequencies, as you said, it can be tricky.

Especially in USA where they do cdma for lots of providers. Don't think it will stay like that for much longer tho.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants