Check what numbers are included in free minutes

Found 22nd Dec 2017
I got stung, through my own ignorance, br ringing 0845 from my mobile. I thought it was equivalent of local call rate and therefore included in allowance.

I was on the call for 30 mins and Voda kindly charged me 50p/minute

I rang Vodafone to see if I could get a bar placed on the number but they only do that for premium rate numbers, not 0845/0870 as they could be for businesses.

they did, however, send me a text message with a list or number prefixes that aren’t included. I was quite surprised as there’s no way you could remember them all as there’s some that look like regular numbers.
Remember the below os from Voda and I’m sure other networks could text you the same

We would like to confirm hereunder a list of non-inclusive numbers (chargeable calls) that are not covered from the minutes:

1.Premium Rate Calls (09*)
2.Non Geographic Calls (084* 087* or 05*)(030*)
3.Roaming Calls
4.Calls made to international numbers
5.Any number starting 070, 07744 is a premium rate number
6.Some calls which resemble standard UK Mobile numbers are actually on roaming partner networks. Look out for all of these dialed prefixes, none of which are bundle-eligible calls:-
  • 07822 Flextel
  • 07978 Noodle Telecom
  • 07744/07755 Dolphin / Inquam Telecom
  • 078722 - Wire9 Telecom
  • 078796 - Oxygen8 Comms
  • 07937/ 07797 - Jersey telecom
  • 07829 - Jersey Airtel Ltd
  • 07839 - Guernsey Airtel ltd
  • 07781 - Cable & Wireless Guernesey
  • 07924/07624 - Manx Telecom
7.Calls to Landline numbers in Jersey (01534) Guernsey (01481) and the Isle of Man (01624)

The below calls are considered as non-bundle eligible numbers:
Landline in "Jersey" (01534)
Landlines in "Guernsey" (01481) &
Landlines in "the Isle of Man" (01624)
Their mobile numbers (07524, 07624 and 07924)

Thanks for calling Vodafone today. Would you like to manage your account, view your bills online, and get instant support with your handset? Please register a free account at our website vodafone.co.uk/mya…unt

Thank You.
Vodafone,
The future is Exciting. Ready?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Also, install WeQ4U on your phone. It can't help with every phone number, but has saved me money on many occasions.
17 Comments
That is nothing, have a look at the list of my new provider (1p mobile)

32886180-pnse7.jpg
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 22nd Dec 2017
I got stung twice by Virgin mobile
Also, install WeQ4U on your phone. It can't help with every phone number, but has saved me money on many occasions.
Call charges and phone numbers - GOV.UK
gov.uk/cal…ges
Wait till you call jersey or guernsey.
start with 01xxx
BUT costs a fortune.
3 mins I think used up my £2.00 usage limit and cut me off.
I complained to Talkmobile who refunded me.
Had no problems with o2.
It’s 03 numbers that are charged the same as 01/02. If your call was customer service related then you should ask the company to refund your call costs as they should supply an 03 number.
I just got stung £17 for 1 20min call to HASTINGS DIRECT who text me to call to verify my details for my new van insurance I took out ..0845 link in text they sent me no warning,polite notice or nothing!! totally oblivious to the rinsing going on wondered why they fumbled around putting me on hold every now and again THIEVES!!...

I don't know who to be cross with Vodafone or or Hastings?

I asked Vodafone for help with my and a good will gesture was given of £5 but still cost me £12, I was fuming..
just caught a flamedeer reading this! Just wanted to say that we Googled a freefone number for Hastings Direct.
mxer45011 h, 24 m ago

I just got stung £17 for 1 20min call to HASTINGS DIRECT who text me to …I just got stung £17 for 1 20min call to HASTINGS DIRECT who text me to call to verify my details for my new van insurance I took out ..0845 link in text they sent me no warning,polite notice or nothing!! totally oblivious to the rinsing going on wondered why they fumbled around putting me on hold every now and again THIEVES!!...I don't know who to be cross with Vodafone or or Hastings?I asked Vodafone for help with my and a good will gesture was given of £5 but still cost me £12, I was fuming..

More like blame Hastings Direct for not providing 0800 , I use co-operatives and mutuals for insurance, they do 0800 numbers.
mxer45011 h, 45 m ago

I just got stung £17 for 1 20min call to HASTINGS DIRECT who text me to …I just got stung £17 for 1 20min call to HASTINGS DIRECT who text me to call to verify my details for my new van insurance I took out ..0845 link in text they sent me no warning,polite notice or nothing!! totally oblivious to the rinsing going on wondered why they fumbled around putting me on hold every now and again THIEVES!!...I don't know who to be cross with Vodafone or or Hastings?I asked Vodafone for help with my and a good will gesture was given of £5 but still cost me £12, I was fuming..

You should be cross with Hastings. They have switched to 03 numbers as the law requires but it seems they haven't updated all their communications. Make a complaint and request a refund of your call costs. That was good of Vodafone as they have done nothing wrong unless they charged more than the amount agreed in your contract with them.
I tend to use saynoto0870.com but it’s never going to have all numbers on there
loofer23 m ago

I tend to use saynoto0870.com but it’s never going to have all numbers on t …I tend to use saynoto0870.com but it’s never going to have all numbers on there

I’ve relied on that site for years, never not found a number on there yet.
joesmum3 h, 34 m ago

just caught a flamedeer reading this! Just wanted to say that we Googled …just caught a flamedeer reading this! Just wanted to say that we Googled a freefone number for Hastings Direct.

I know but the text was hastily read and just see 08 so clicked to call #lazy but never in a million years would I think it'll cost me £17
mxer4501 h, 37 m ago

I know but the text was hastily read and just see 08 so clicked to call …I know but the text was hastily read and just see 08 so clicked to call #lazy but never in a million years would I think it'll cost me £17

I only knew because I was caught out by the robdogs!
01, 02 and 03 are included anything else is dependent upon your tariff evens calling 101 or 111 costs your 15 p per call
SUMMONER18 h, 37 m ago

Also, install WeQ4U on your phone. It can't help with every phone …Also, install WeQ4U on your phone. It can't help with every phone number, but has saved me money on many occasions.

Thanks for the link, just installed on my mob, was queuing for 25mins other day to HMRC
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions