Checking browser before access to HotUKDeals

Found 23rd Nov 2017Edited by:"deanos"
What’s going on, I get this on pc and iPad, it’s checking my browser when using this site , takes about 3 or so seconds every time I change page , very annoying and makes site frustrating to us
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Well Im blaming the Russians.
Nothing to worry about........
32529473-JfACM.jpg
DDOS protection.
29 Comments
yeah its pretty odd, happens to me too
Glad it’s not just me then
same here.
And me, is it not something to do with their affiliate links, any mods know why?
Had it a few times today too and it was taking a hell of a lot longer than 3 seconds!
Phew! Thought it was cos of my dodgy web browsing...
Nothing to worry about........
32529473-JfACM.jpg
Happened all day today to me.
Just got randomly logged out
expecting it to happen again sometime soon
Edited by: "Wongy110" 23rd Nov 2017
DDOS protection.
Yep. Same for me too on my iPhone using Safari.
Me too for a few days on and off, long delays if I look at comments on a page and then try and page back, so much so it's easier to reload the site .
32531388-ZzsMy.jpg
Another one to add to the list of it happening to.
Yeah it's been happening to me all day too, I posted a thread about it in Feedback thinking there's better chance of getting a response from a mod and I've still not had a reply to explain
They use Cloudflare which provides protection against massive influx of traffic, typically this is done to prevent bots etc.

Being Black Friday I guess everyone is getting excited and it is triggering the protection.

The page makes you wait and does some stuff in the background to make sure you are a human and not a bot then lets you through.
hooray.henry39 m ago

Are all the new HUKD members and site traffic Russian or did you mean rushing (as in rushing to ASK to enquire if Amazon Prime will be cheaper etc)?
I got this today on safari and chrome. I am worried they are picking up cookies from your device when they do this, possibly paranoia, or is it?
Seeing as half my posts seem to need moderator approval, it's just business as usual for me.
mutley11 h, 14 m ago

I got this today on safari and chrome. I am worried they are picking up …I got this today on safari and chrome. I am worried they are picking up cookies from your device when they do this, possibly paranoia, or is it?

Nope, definitely not paranoia. They are skimming all your personal details, your investment portfolios, the lot. I think the safest thing would be for you log out and never log in again. Can't be too careful where money is concerned.
Like I said getting lots of 'log outs' now
would expect the site to pack up completely at some stage for a while today
Getting a lot of lost posts because of the redirection crap then HUKD telling me this thread doesn't exist, even this one. Going to ctrl-c this before posting, let's see if I can get this posted now.
Destard14 h, 43 m ago

Seeing as half my posts seem to need moderator approval, it's just …Seeing as half my posts seem to need moderator approval, it's just business as usual for me.

Brilliant.
Part of their continuous 'improvement' process.
Me too. Navigating this site has become really slow this week, and today, i'm now getting:
Error 502 Bad gateway.
Add me to the "me too" list, it started happening a few days ago, doesn't happen every time though? I always go through Google to get here
Now my profile pic has disappeared from my page too I think they are trying to tell me something . Or maybe everyone else can see it and just not me ......
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 24th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants