Expired

Cheer me up please?

Found 26th Sep 2017
Sorry guys and girls, bit of a pity thread here!
Will try to keep it brief.
I went for an interview for internal promotion today. None of my colleagues were interested when offered the job and then last minute, one of them (who I am on very good terms and thought was my friend) turned up for the interview too.
Safe to say I am gutted and haven't heard whether or not I got the job (I am assuming I haven't!)
Just feeling very low as I had the (obviously wrong) assumption that I was a shoe in for the position.
I know I should just suck it up but I feel rather betrayed by said 'friend'.
Please feel free to try heal my wounds!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I married my wife for her long legs and big boobs. Now she has long boobs and big legs.
I pity your so called friend. What gives? You want the opportunity to try and better yourself and that somehow means others then have to take a back seat. More to the point you talk as if your friend has already got the promotion which suggests you think they would be more deserving of it.

That said and done, I do hope you get your promotion and that your friend is put in their 'rightful place'.

Happy now
Could be worse

So the only way you think you can get promoted is if no one else applies ? Why not think positive instead ? Relish the fact you have competition ,it will make it feel all the better if you get the promotion on merit rather than by default
64 Comments
I pity your so called friend. What gives? You want the opportunity to try and better yourself and that somehow means others then have to take a back seat. More to the point you talk as if your friend has already got the promotion which suggests you think they would be more deserving of it.

That said and done, I do hope you get your promotion and that your friend is put in their 'rightful place'.

Happy now
So the only way you think you can get promoted is if no one else applies ? Why not think positive instead ? Relish the fact you have competition ,it will make it feel all the better if you get the promotion on merit rather than by default
Well assuming you like this sort of thing ?
32098263-MRotA.jpg
Edited by: "Wongy110" 26th Sep 2017
Wongy1103 m ago

Well assuming you like this sort of thing ?[Video]

Oh no, didn't work so don't know if I would have liked it!
Most important point is 'you don't know'.

You need to work on the reality of that - you don't know.

Don't go getting your knickers in a twist about something that may never happen.

As for your friend - stay friends - irrespective of who gets the job.

The way you're feeling is destructive - to yourself, and to others; that self-pity thing, dump it.

Lastly, if you do get the job, I'll be surprised, because you've not yet got the ability to take the blows and roll with them - an absolutely essential quality at any level of management.

Remember; tommorrow is a new day - there's more coming, learn from it. God bless.
Edited by: "tryn2help" 26th Sep 2017
chuckiedoll1 m ago

32098305-OXcDI.jpghad it bookmarked for an emergency and all
32098305-fIBfe.jpg
Wongy1101 m ago

[Image] had it bookmarked for an emergency and all[Image]

Well the effort made me smile nonetheless!
Could be worse

chuckiedoll1 m ago

Well the effort made me smile nonetheless!

fixed now 32098349-SCYSB.jpg
tryn2help4 m ago

Most important point is 'you don't know'.You need to work on the reality …Most important point is 'you don't know'.You need to work on the reality of that - you don't know.Don't go getting your knickers in a twist about something that may never happen.As for your friend - stay friends - irrespective of who gets the job.The way you're feeling is destructive - to yourself, and to others; that self-pity thing, dump it.Lastly, if you do get the job, I'll be surprised, because you've not yet got the ability to take the blows and roll with them - an absolutely essential quality at any level of management.Remember; tommorrow is a new day - there's more coming, learn from it. God bless.

Meh.
I married my wife for her long legs and big boobs. Now she has long boobs and big legs.
raptorcigs14 m ago

I married my wife for her long legs and big boobs. Now she has long …I married my wife for her long legs and big boobs. Now she has long boobs and big legs.

That's it. I'm all better LMAO!
One less Christmas card to send though!
chuckiedoll1 h, 15 m ago

32099075-wJAwD.jpg

Evil eye
32099075-J8E8D.jpg

nothing wrong with friends competing. i wouldn't be upset if my friend also applied for a position. all is fair in competition.
summerof763 m ago

[Image] Evil eye [Image]

Glad you feel me hun!
mutley12 m ago

nothing wrong with friends competing. i wouldn't be upset if my friend …nothing wrong with friends competing. i wouldn't be upset if my friend also applied for a position. all is fair in competition.

I agree.
If they had said they were interested in applying for the job then let the best person win.
Thing is, they said in many sentences, how they had no intention of applying as they didn't want the job!
chuckiedoll2 m ago

I agree. If they had said they were interested in applying for the job …I agree. If they had said they were interested in applying for the job then let the best person win. Thing is, they said in many sentences, how they had no intention of applying as they didn't want the job!

i see. that is different. did you ask them why they did it? if they changed their mind then that is acceptable but if they lied all along and pretended they did not want the job then ditch them as a friend.
mutley12 m ago

i see. that is different. did you ask them why they did it? if they …i see. that is different. did you ask them why they did it? if they changed their mind then that is acceptable but if they lied all along and pretended they did not want the job then ditch them as a friend.

Suppose I will find out tomorrow?
Just feel rather betrayed that's all.
Like I said, I don't know for sure that I haven't got the job yet it's just the fact that this morning, I was the only applicant and then I had a competitor.
chuckiedoll5 m ago

I agree. If they had said they were interested in applying for the job …I agree. If they had said they were interested in applying for the job then let the best person win. Thing is, they said in many sentences, how they had no intention of applying as they didn't want the job!

That means they do

32099163-gtu5H.jpg

Only kidding
chuckiedoll2 m ago

Suppose I will find out tomorrow?Just feel rather betrayed that's all.Like …Suppose I will find out tomorrow?Just feel rather betrayed that's all.Like I said, I don't know for sure that I haven't got the job yet it's just the fact that this morning, I was the only applicant and then I had a competitor.

I wish you all the luck and hope you get the job
32099203-6tuNy.jpg
Oh boo hoo other people applied who are better at the job then me, in other news existence is pain and everything dies.

Good day
Segata-Sanshiro1 m ago

Oh boo hoo other people applied who are better at the job then me, in …Oh boo hoo other people applied who are better at the job then me, in other news existence is pain and everything dies.Good day

I didn't say they would be better at the job!
chuckiedoll1 m ago

Ahh but if they get it then it is implied that it is believed they will be
chuckiedoll7 m ago

Suppose I will find out tomorrow?Just feel rather betrayed that's all.Like …Suppose I will find out tomorrow?Just feel rather betrayed that's all.Like I said, I don't know for sure that I haven't got the job yet it's just the fact that this morning, I was the only applicant and then I had a competitor.

It can take time for people to decide about promotion. the wheels of industry can work very slowly sometimes. But if you don't get it then there's always next time. if you do get the promotion, then it will do your self confidence no end as you got it despite your friend turning up and trying to take it off you

I never got promoted ever. Lol. I only ever got big pay rises but never an actual promotion of grade, which really grinds me down. I just moved jobs to get the grade promotion. Now I am unemployed so it don't matter no more, I promote myself
chuckiedoll3 m ago

Its the underhand way that your friend went about it ???
If if loved your friend, you should let her go to have the job anyway.
No one wants you to be a friend of him/her in your office anyway ( if you feel gutted just because they applied for the same promotion as you). Realistically no one is anyone's friend in the same job area josling for promotion. They are known as the enemy (when you get gutted losing out). They shop you and stab you in the back for any promotion. If you thought someone is a friend, you had been naive.
Edited by: "splender" 26th Sep 2017
jax6197 m ago

Depending where you are I can be there by morning.

32100159-md0FC.jpg

jax61911 m ago

[Image]

32100307-m8lNZ.jpg

jax6193 m ago

[Image]

You disgust me sometimes.
Hey! Talk about de-railed guys!
jax6199 m ago

Don't worry you're still high on my list

32100535-OH90h.jpg
jax61910 m ago

Don't worry you're still high on my list

Don't forget your Sarson's for lunch.
jax6194 m ago

what

Inb4 the complicated scientic formula used to produce a suitably relevant obscure comment.
jax6192 h, 47 m ago

Again what I got he meant vinegar lol

I didn't know myself why Sarson's at the time of what I thought that I could have meant, however as luck would have it, my subconsciousness just informed my consciousness in a dream,

Sour grapes is one possibility, sour taste in one's mouth is another;
Thou shalt not covet is yet another, leading on to,
Parable of the ten virgins.
splender5 h, 39 m ago

I didn't know myself why Sarson's at the time of what I thought that I …I didn't know myself why Sarson's at the time of what I thought that I could have meant, however as luck would have it, my subconsciousness just informed my consciousness in a dream,Sour grapes is one possibility, sour taste in one's mouth is another; Thou shalt not covet is yet another, leading on to, Parable of the ten virgins.

Can I have some what you're on please?
OllieSt41 m ago

Can I have some what you're on please?

32102511-RIf6A.jpg
I am not sure, it could be drinking this before going to bed and then woke up in a dream to wee. I am also surprised at its candour and domestic science practicality, in my dream.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants