Chelsea football fans found guilty of racist violence and convicted in Paris.

Found 3rd Jan
Are British men still behaving in such a disgusting manner in this day and age? Is this now just particular to Chelsea, a handful of clubs, or does it remain more widespread? These Chelsea fans are from supposedly good backgrounds, appearing presentable, and making their way in London-based careers such as Finance and Civil Engineering. What is it that makes them feel that this is acceptable behaviour, whether at home, or overseas? Are they just victims of a misguided upbringing, left behind while others have moved on so far beyond this backward mentality? Have their parents failed to provide the right values? Has society let them down with inadequate education? Or do they only have themselves to blame for bringing shame on the UK in Europe?

Guardian Report

Telegraph Report

32 Comments

Banned

Nice to see 2 of them couldnt even be bothered to go to court.

Even better to see the victim is going to get about £9k

Suspended is a bit lame,had a chance to put down a marker.

It's only words

Once they put on the Stone Island jacket it's a different frame of mind..

And football is supposed to be the beautiful game.

YouDontWantToKnow

Nice to see 2 of them couldnt even be bothered to go to court. Even … Nice to see 2 of them couldnt even be bothered to go to court. Even better to see the victim is going to get about £9k

One was a serving police constable at the time but resigned/retired before the case came to court.

The victim who was abused was on the news earlier and said how the incident "destroyed his life" which is a tad OTT but I say 5k in compensation from all each one of them, 10 year ban from all matches and a kick in the chops!

xbox360man

It's only words

​you're obviously stupid

Saro

​you're obviously stupid

Or racist too.

Can say the exact same thing about ISIS to be honest.

I'm going to try a little experiment.

Ive adjusted your OP to fit ISIS by only replacing localisation words (e.g changing Europe to Middle-East), now - does it sound "racist?"

Saturn

Are Middle Eastern men still behaving in such a disgusting manner in this … Are Middle Eastern men still behaving in such a disgusting manner in this day and age? Is this now just particular to Syria, a handful of countries, or does it remain more widespread? These ISIS fans are from supposedly good backgrounds, appearing presentable, and making their way in Middle Eastern-based careers such as Finance and Civil Engineering. What is it that makes them feel that this is acceptable behavior, whether at home, or overseas? Are they just victims of a misguided upbringing, left behind while others have moved on so far beyond this backward mentality? Have their parents failed to provide the right values? Has society let them down with inadequate education? Or do they only have themselves to blame for bringing shame on the Middle East and Syria?

Edited by: "118luke" 4th Jan

Typical football hooligans.

I suspect that it is a bit of all of the above. Coupled with a herd mentality.

Having a good background is no guarantee of good behaviour.

It's a good job they were caught but the punishment is inadequate and will not deter others in the future unfortunately.

They should be publicly named and shamed as much as possible and I hope this affects their future employability.

118luke

Can say the exact same thing about ISIS to be honest. I'm going to try a … Can say the exact same thing about ISIS to be honest. I'm going to try a little experiment.Ive adjusted your OP to fit ISIS by only replacing localisation words (e.g changing Europe to Middle-East), now - does it sound "racist?"

​Isis = widely regarded as uncivilised

England = regards itself as civilised

118luke

Can say the exact same thing about ISIS to be honest. I'm going to try a … Can say the exact same thing about ISIS to be honest. I'm going to try a little experiment.Ive adjusted your OP to fit ISIS by only replacing localisation words (e.g changing Europe to Middle-East), now - does it sound "racist?"

So ISIS just shove people on trains and call them bad names and not shove them alive into fiery pits. I think you need to take a reality check.

"Joshua Parsons, from Dorking, Surrey, who lost his London finance job after the incident"

Have you checked out his Linkedin page?

Oh dear. Nasty men say nasty words. Outrage is a must. Tomorrow the sun will rise and world will keep spinning.

I don't think they where racists... they had taunted all French people not just the black man. even though they used offensive language they didn't discriminate against him or feel they had racial superiority over him. the English have been taunting the French for almost a thousand years.... they didn't let him on the train, it was nasty and mean of them.. 100% wrong but not racists.

Yet the Metropolitan police will not arrest Spurs supporters for chanting a derogatory word for Jews that was commonly used by racists in Nazi Germany. Can you imagine any Police force turning a blind eye to supporters of a team, say Aston Villa, with a large african caribbean folowing chanting the N-word? No neither can I.

Glad they got caught and the club banned them from ever attending another Chelsea match. Now there's obviously ways around that but the message they're sending is clear, that there's not space for this in the modern game.

colin4man

I suspect that it is a bit of all of the above. Coupled with a herd … I suspect that it is a bit of all of the above. Coupled with a herd mentality.

Not wrong there. It's naive to think this is solely a Chelsea problem or even a football problem, but there's a 'Brits abroad' mentality that's thoroughly distasteful.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Glad they got caught and the club banned them from ever attending another … Glad they got caught and the club banned them from ever attending another Chelsea match. Now there's obviously ways around that but the message they're sending is clear, that there's not space for this in the modern game.Not wrong there. It's naive to think this is solely a Chelsea problem or even a football problem, but there's a 'Brits abroad' mentality that's thoroughly distasteful.

​Agreed, but it's far from being a British problem, especially with football.

colin4man

​Agreed, but it's far from being a British problem, especially with f … ​Agreed, but it's far from being a British problem, especially with football.

I disagree.

brendanhickey

I don't think they where racists... they had taunted all French people … I don't think they where racists... they had taunted all French people not just the black man. even though they used offensive language they didn't discriminate against him or feel they had racial superiority over him. the English have been taunting the French for almost a thousand years.... they didn't let him on the train, it was nasty and mean of them.. 100% wrong but not racists.

The men were shouting we are racist

donaldduck2

And football is supposed to be the beautiful game.

​they weren't playing football.

Gollywood

​Isis = widely regarded as uncivilisedEngland = regards itself as c … ​Isis = widely regarded as uncivilisedEngland = regards itself as civilised

​and Whales?

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

I disagree.

Racism is rife amongst a section of football fans regardless of geographical location.

Gollywood

​Isis = widely regarded as uncivilisedEngland = regards itself as c … ​Isis = widely regarded as uncivilisedEngland = regards itself as civilised

​one of them want to convert or kill anyone who doesn't agree with them,
very civilised

YouDontWantToKnow

..Even better to see the victim is going to get about £9k

only if they pay it. Up to 60% of court fines go unpaid.

dtovey89

Racism is rife amongst a section of football fans regardless of … Racism is rife amongst a section of football fans regardless of geographical location.

exactly - far worse in eastern europe / turkey.

dtovey89

Racism is rife amongst a section of football fans regardless of … Racism is rife amongst a section of football fans regardless of geographical location.

​Agreed

colin4man

​Agreed

Misunderstood what you said above. You're absolutely right about it not solely being a British problem.

davewave

​and Whales?

English fans representing an English club side abroad. What does that have to do with any of the other Home nations? ​

dtovey89

Racism is rife in humanity. Its actually part of the Fight of Flight survival biology we've evolved with for 1000s of years. Don't expect 60 years of us thinking we're some kind of superior human example has changed anything. It happens in the subconscious. Research it. LEARN SOMETHING.

Banned

Like suing for damages in court, I vote for monetary gain against them!
http://2.1m.yt/vNs3oKl.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322853
    2. Add one, leave one game54415422
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2957
    4. word association Game74244900

See more discussions