Groups

Chelsea v Manu - A tale of two dwarfs?

Contrast the towering performance by the diminutive N'Golo Kante who cost £32m with the diminishing performance of the 6ft 3in £98m ego that's Paul Pogba and you know why one team is on the cusp of a double and the other stuck in 6th, chasing a mickey mouse trophy and a third year out of the champions league

36 Comments

Original Poster

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/800/cpsprodpb/0CDD/production/_95139230_getimage.png

Kante might be small but he can fit £89 million in his pocket. X)

Is this a local or national deal?

Kante is a simply amazing, I miss him more every match.
    Edited by: "Bure11" 14th Mar

Man U still put up a fight with a man down. Chelsea deserved the win though.

Bad red card decision messed game up.

Next season we'll be better

Leicester sold the fa cup and the league to chelsea for 32m

lendu

Next season we'll be better

As a Liverpool fan this comment has amused me so much.

Sebas111

As a Liverpool fan this comment has amused me so much.

4 years - 27 years.... yes United fans are EXCATLY like the "next year its our year and every manager is the saviour" mentality."

To be fair to Liverpool fan I did actually think Klopp would sort it. He is the best manager they have had and very likeable. I get the feeling he is better with young players than buying world class players and they need to start to be much better in the transfer market, only so many Southampton players you can buy!

United will be better next year, for sure, but still a way off the league title. Their squad man for man is actually very good - but still missing something, Zlatan cant always be the main goal threat.

Chelsea will get stronger I suspect but I am not sold on Conte.

Arsenal are Arsenal - if wenger stays much the same, if wneger leaves I expect a small dip.

Totteringham are Totteringham, If they can hold on to second this season that will be a big moment for them to build on, they usually fall off.

Man City will be better next season I suspect - although how long Pep will stay is another thing, he doesn't seem settled at all, and he didn't stay long at clubs he was settled.

Pretty much most of the top six are a transfer or two and a manager decision away from disaster... Costa leaves Chelsea he is a hard person to replace even if Hazard is the main man. Spurs aren't the same without Kane, Liverpool is all about Mane, Arsenal - Sanchez and United - Zlatan. All are far too over reliant on that one player. Chelsea are probably best set up to cope, although they would need to sign a top striker - if Hazard goes to Madrid that's a different story. Mane will 100% stay at Liverpool id think but the rest have all been linked with moves away, all of them would change the dynamics next year.
    Edited by: "joanddan7" 14th Mar

Pogba didn't choose how much his transfer fee was.

joanddan7

4 years - 27 years.... yes United fans are EXCATLY like the "next year … 4 years - 27 years.... yes United fans are EXCATLY like the "next year its our year and every manager is the saviour" mentality."To be fair to Liverpool fan I did actually think Klopp would sort it. He is the best manager they have had and very likeable. I get the feeling he is better with young players than buying world class players and they need to start to be much better in the transfer league, only so many Southampton players you can buy!United will be better next year, for sure, but still a way of the league title. Their squad man for man is actually very good - but still missing something, Zlatan cant always be the main goal threat.Chelsea will get stronger I suspect but I am not sold on Conte.Arsenal are Arsenal - if wenger stays much the same, if wneger leaves I expect a small dip.Totteringham are Totteringham, If they can hold on to second this season that will be a big moment for them to build on, they usually fall off.Man City will be better next season I suspect - although how long Pep will stay is another thing, he doesn't seem settled at all, and he didn't stay long at clubs he was settled.Pretty much most of the top six are a transfer or two and a manager decision away from disaster... Costa leaves Chelsea he is a hard person to replace even if Hazard is the main man. Spurs aren't the same without Kane, Liverpool is all about Mane, Arsenal - Sanchez and United - Zlatan. All are far too over reliant on that one player. Chelsea are probably best set up to cope, although they would need to sign a top striker - if Hazard goes to Madrid that's a different story. Mane will 100% stay at Liverpool id think but the rest have all been linked with moves away, all of them would change the dynamics next year.

Decent summary. Picking up on Guardiola - have been very underwhelmed by how he appears to be handling the UK media and associated scrutiny. Too thin-skinned, trying to appear enigmatic but comes across as nervous and evasive. In summary, I think he fears the 'Pep' myth being exposed. He could / should take a much longer term view and I am surprised that he hasn't presented himself in a much cooler, more self-confident way. Instead of simply highlighting the areas of the squad that need improving, buying himself time, he has been twitchy and incredibly defensive in most interviews. He has the time and backing to create the squad he wants, he just doesn't appear convinced that he wants the challenge long-term and is already worrying about damage to a reputation built up at more 'plug and play' teams in Spain and Germany.

Saturn

Decent summary. Picking up on Guardiola - have been very underwhelmed by … Decent summary. Picking up on Guardiola - have been very underwhelmed by how he appears to be handling the UK media and associated scrutiny. Too thin-skinned, trying to appear enigmatic but comes across as nervous and evasive. In summary, I think he fears the 'Pep' myth being exposed. He could / should take a much longer term view and I am surprised that he hasn't presented himself in a much cooler, more self-confident way. Instead of simply highlighting the areas of the squad that need improving, buying himself time, he has been twitchy and incredibly defensive in most interviews. He has the time and backing to create the squad he wants, he just doesn't appear convinced that he wants the challenge long-term and is already worrying about damage to a reputation built up at more 'plug and play' teams in Spain and Germany.

When he came over I had my doubts, he managed two of the best teams in the world. When they were already up there and in leagues where competition isn't a strong for the top places, he still did amazing things, but with amazing players.

I think the main issue is that 3/4 teams want to dominate English football and currently I don't think that's possible, Chelsea may dominate this season but next year with Champs league in the mix they will be stretched and wouldn't have had it so easy this year.

He has brought the best out in certain players and with a couple of sound buys they could challenge next season you would think but he has also made some boneheaded calls! Keeper being one...

Itll be interesting to see what happens at Chelsea when times aren't as good as we saw last season they have the players that will down tools...

Its good that next season feel wide open and that the top six is a real thing now and not just a top four. - Everton can push their way in too and probably Southampton.

Exciting times but still we all know that we aren't as dominate as we were in Europe when 3 out of 4 teams in semis were English and the final was two English teams.

Kante was amazing, but he only started shining when manu were a man down. The game was 50/50 prior. And the Europe league isn't a "mickey mouse cup" anymore.

You win, you gain entry to the champions league. Which means I'd rather end up 5th or beyond and winning the Europe league than coming 2nd!.

The league cup is a mickey mouse cup, I've always said that. But if winning it means you become the most successful team in England then the mickey mouse label can be removed temporarily.

lendu

Bad red card decision messed game up.

It wasn't a bad decision. That second yellow card was well deserved, stupid and clumsy tackle.

Bure11

It wasn't a bad decision. That second yellow card was well deserved, … It wasn't a bad decision. That second yellow card was well deserved, stupid and clumsy tackle.

Weak yellow card. It was only a yellow due to consecutive fouls in a short period of time. Ref felt he needed to do something. Ref killed the game off.

Not really he got wrong footed and had his leg already out. It wasn't a bookable offense. Anyway we got beat and it time to move on now. Don't care wat amuses anyone but next season we will do much better

J4GG4

Kante was amazing, but he only started shining when manu were a man down. … Kante was amazing, but he only started shining when manu were a man down. The game was 50/50 prior. And the Europe league isn't a "mickey mouse cup" anymore.You win, you gain entry to the champions league. Which means I'd rather end up 5th or beyond and winning the Europe league than coming 2nd!.The league cup is a mickey mouse cup, I've always said that. But if winning it means you become the most successful team in England then the mickey mouse label can be removed temporarily.

I'd rather come second and not have the problem of extra games.

Although I'd rather finish below fourth and win Europa league than finishing fourth and going through that qualifying game.

dalecool92

He only had a £25 mill release clause so we did well to get more than that for him!

Many Leicester fans said whoever signs Kante will win the league and it seems he will.

Best player I have ever seen as he's not just a stopper but all round midfielder and just amazing really.

Really level headed guy too as always just drove a Mini when he was with us.

dtovey89

I'd rather come second and not have the problem of extra games.Although … I'd rather come second and not have the problem of extra games.Although I'd rather finish below fourth and win Europa league than finishing fourth and going through that qualifying game.

2nd and win nothing? just for less games and automatic champions league qualification?.

Rather than 5th.. win some silverware (Europa) and enter the champions league automatically. That will also potentially allow 5 English teams to enter the champions league which boosts English teams chances in the cup.

I'd choose the latter every day.

joanddan7

4 years - 27 years.... yes United fans are EXCATLY like the "next year … 4 years - 27 years.... yes United fans are EXCATLY like the "next year its our year and every manager is the saviour" mentality."To be fair to Liverpool fan I did actually think Klopp would sort it. He is the best manager they have had and very likeable. I get the feeling he is better with young players than buying world class players and they need to start to be much better in the transfer league, only so many Southampton players you can buy!United will be better next year, for sure, but still a way of the league title. Their squad man for man is actually very good - but still missing something, Zlatan cant always be the main goal threat.Chelsea will get stronger I suspect but I am not sold on Conte.Arsenal are Arsenal - if wenger stays much the same, if wneger leaves I expect a small dip.Totteringham are Totteringham, If they can hold on to second this season that will be a big moment for them to build on, they usually fall off.Man City will be better next season I suspect - although how long Pep will stay is another thing, he doesn't seem settled at all, and he didn't stay long at clubs he was settled.Pretty much most of the top six are a transfer or two and a manager decision away from disaster... Costa leaves Chelsea he is a hard person to replace even if Hazard is the main man. Spurs aren't the same without Kane, Liverpool is all about Mane, Arsenal - Sanchez and United - Zlatan. All are far too over reliant on that one player. Chelsea are probably best set up to cope, although they would need to sign a top striker - if Hazard goes to Madrid that's a different story. Mane will 100% stay at Liverpool id think but the rest have all been linked with moves away, all of them would change the dynamics next year.

My post was only a bit of jest. Your reply is a well rounded argument. A good read and to be honest I would say I agree with most of it.

dalecool92

Did Leicester win the FA Cup last season then?

J4GG4

Weak yellow card. It was only a yellow due to consecutive fouls in a … Weak yellow card. It was only a yellow due to consecutive fouls in a short period of time. Ref felt he needed to do something. Ref killed the game off.

Actually I think it was more to do with the player not being able to count how many yellow cards he already had rather than the referee. The ref had just called two Man United players towards him and was saying Calm it down, blew his whistle and Herrerra lunged in.
    Good to see that players surrounding the referee and disputing his decision doesn't happen any more...

Towelie

He only had a £25 mill release clause so we did well to get more than … He only had a £25 mill release clause so we did well to get more than that for him!Many Leicester fans said whoever signs Kante will win the league and it seems he will.Best player I have ever seen as he's not just a stopper but all round midfielder and just amazing really.Really level headed guy too as always just drove a Mini when he was with us.

​Didn't do well cause your back down the table. Why let a crucial player like that go. One hit wonders Leicester and all fans know that.

dalecool92

​Didn't do well cause your back down the table. Why let a crucial player l … ​Didn't do well cause your back down the table. Why let a crucial player like that go. One hit wonders Leicester and all fans know that.

The player wanted to go... In all honesty they did well to keep the rest of the squad. Leicester were always going to be a one hit wonder, the very rich owners aren't like the City and Chelsea ones that invest invest invest. They have very much kept the status quo... didn't Burnley spend as much as them in the summer? Champions and spending like that???

Kante wanted out. they had to let him go...

joanddan7

The player wanted to go... In all honesty they did well to keep the rest … The player wanted to go... In all honesty they did well to keep the rest of the squad. Leicester were always going to be a one hit wonder, the very rich owners aren't like the City and Chelsea ones that invest invest invest. They have very much kept the status quo... didn't Burnley spend as much as them in the summer? Champions and spending like that???Kante wanted out. they had to let him go...

A small club wins the premier league every 10 to 20 years. Some small clubs which had won it then got relegated the following season include:

Manchester City

Leicester may be added to that list by the end of this campaign.

dalecool92

​Didn't do well cause your back down the table. Why let a crucial player l … ​Didn't do well cause your back down the table. Why let a crucial player like that go. One hit wonders Leicester and all fans know that.

Eh??

We could do nothing to stop him moving but somehow managed to get £7m more than what is contract stated he was allowed to go for so pretty well overall.

We (LCFC fans) all know what we are and never thought we would win the league again but we did win it last year so were undoubtely higher than whoever you support.

We could get relegated every year on from now but we still won the top English league which is more than any fan ever imagined was possible.

Football is pretty much over after winning that but I'll be down there tonight as at least the CL is worth bothereing about.

J4GG4

A small club wins the premier league every 10 to 20 years. Some small … A small club wins the premier league every 10 to 20 years. Some small clubs which had won it then got relegated the following season include:Manchester CityLeicester may be added to that list by the end of this campaign.

LOL - In the good old City days....

Na the foxes are safe... they will Sly their way out of trouble...

Players have started to play again. Lost a lot of respect I gained for them last year, too many of them don't know what is needed to succeed long term and it isn't not turning up if you don't like the manager - although I guess it did work for Chelsea! ... Foxes Fans are still amazing though.

joanddan7

LOL - In the good old City days....Na the foxes are safe... they will Sly … LOL - In the good old City days....Na the foxes are safe... they will Sly their way out of trouble...Players have started to play again. Lost a lot of respect I gained for them last year, too many of them don't know what is needed to succeed long term and it isn't not turning up if you don't like the manager - although I guess it did work for Chelsea! ... Foxes Fans are still amazing though.

This is not to say Ranieri had no impact on us and I will be forever grateful and would happily have his babies after what he achieved for LCFC but this article paints a different picture on his time here:

skysports.com/foo…win

Towelie

This is not to say Ranieri had no impact on us and I will be forever … This is not to say Ranieri had no impact on us and I will be forever grateful and would happily have his babies after what he achieved for LCFC but this article paints a different picture on his time here:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10800449/how-craig-shakespeare-was-at-heart-of-leicesters-premier-league-win

Yeah I saw some stuff this morning, I think its easy for those inside the club, especially the players to run Claudio down now. It's nice Shakespeare currently has the support and backing. It doesn't sit well with me personally as no matter what the truth Shakespeare and the players haven't covered themselves in glory - if it was a mess under Claudio surely they would have tried to sort that early doors?? not when the wheels fall off?? anyway - for me Shakespeare will either go at end of season or very early next - Leicester will be in a rebuild now, aging centre backs, Kante hole to fill... Vardy isn't the super hero he was made out to be. Mirhaz is key - keep that dude, I know he fell off and all that but he still a star... work rate is questionable but he is the type.

joanddan7

Yeah I saw some stuff this morning, I think its easy for those inside the … Yeah I saw some stuff this morning, I think its easy for those inside the club, especially the players to run Claudio down now. It's nice Shakespeare currently has the support and backing. It doesn't sit well with me personally as no matter what the truth Shakespeare and the players haven't covered themselves in glory - if it was a mess under Claudio surely they would have tried to sort that early doors?? not when the wheels fall off?? anyway - for me Shakespeare will either go at end of season or very early next - Leicester will be in a rebuild now, aging centre backs, Kante hole to fill... Vardy isn't the super hero he was made out to be. Mirhaz is key - keep that dude, I know he fell off and all that but he still a star... work rate is questionable but he is the type.

Big season next up for Leicester assuming they stay up . Can see Vardy , Mahrez jumping ship . Morgan 33 , huth 32 ,Simpson 30, Ulloa wants out ..going to take some big bucks methinks.

a third year out of the champions league

Man United were in Champions League 2015/2016

As a United fan, I feel a little cheated yet again at Stamford Bridge, The first yellow Herrera got was a joke and the second was a soft yellow too, Hazard diving around like a bally dancer who deserved a good kick, I bet Moureen told them to kick him off the pitch after he helped get him sacked. We were ok up until then, not exactly in the same gear as Chelsea but not far off.

Everything was stacked against us, The ref, injuries, banned striker, away, Stamford Bridge, boogie team, So many more match's played in comparison as well as one eye on the Europa Cup game on Thursday, I'd say we put up a pretty decent fight, Pleased it didn't go to extra time or penalties etc. That would have been a disaster unless we'd won of course.

Yes obviously Chelsea deserved it, They and Kante were worthy winners and would have probably won it regardless of the red card but obviously that didn't help.

I thought we had a little chance with it not being Martin Atkinson but to my dismay it was that horrible little rat Micheal Oliver who thinks he's the god of ref's.

haha Utd fans playing the victim now just like Liverpool fans.

Looks like they'll be facing 20 years of nothingness too just like the Liverpool fans are! X)

Shame Pogba wasn't playing otherwise a world class player like him could have made the difference.

Edited by: "Towelie" 14th Mar

shauneco

As a United fan, I feel a little cheated yet again at Stamford Bridge, … As a United fan, I feel a little cheated yet again at Stamford Bridge, The first yellow Herrera got was a joke and the second was a soft yellow too, Hazard diving around like a bally dancer who deserved a good kick, I bet Moureen told them to kick him off the pitch after he helped get him sacked. We were ok up until then, not exactly in the same gear as Chelsea but not far off. Everything was stacked against us, The ref, injuries, banned striker, away, Stamford Bridge, boogie team, So many more match's played in comparison as well as one eye on the Europa Cup game on Thursday, I'd say we put up a pretty decent fight, Pleased it didn't go to extra time or penalties etc. That would have been a disaster unless we'd won of course.Yes obviously Chelsea deserved it, They and Kante were worthy winners and would have probably won it regardless of the red card but obviously that didn't help.I thought we had a little chance with it not being Martin Atkinson but to my dismay it was that horrible little rat Micheal Oliver who thinks he's the god of ref's.

It's a pity Mike Riley retired. You never had any of those nasty decisions going against ManU when he was refereeing. And Fergie's influence has gone so you no longer get only approved ManU referees appointed to their games. How sad.

shauneco

As a United fan, I feel a little cheated yet again at Stamford Bridge, … As a United fan, I feel a little cheated yet again at Stamford Bridge, The first yellow Herrera got was a joke and the second was a soft yellow too, Hazard diving around like a bally dancer who deserved a good kick, I bet Moureen told them to kick him off the pitch after he helped get him sacked. We were ok up until then, not exactly in the same gear as Chelsea but not far off. Everything was stacked against us, The ref, injuries, banned striker, away, Stamford Bridge, boogie team, So many more match's played in comparison as well as one eye on the Europa Cup game on Thursday, I'd say we put up a pretty decent fight, Pleased it didn't go to extra time or penalties etc. That would have been a disaster unless we'd won of course.Yes obviously Chelsea deserved it, They and Kante were worthy winners and would have probably won it regardless of the red card but obviously that didn't help.I thought we had a little chance with it not being Martin Atkinson but to my dismay it was that horrible little rat Micheal Oliver who thinks he's the god of ref's.

Man United came to kick Chelsea players, particularly Hazard off the pitch.

Now as someone who has seen Stoke and their ilk try that, and Mourinho complain about it, it's massively pleasing to see Jose resort to those tactics himself.

That's what United have become now. No longer are they Kanchelskis and Giggs bombing down the wings whilst Cantona weaves magic in the middle, gone are Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney making them the best team in Europe....

now they're just Stoke. With dabbing. X)

Thank you Agent Jose.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      2. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions