Found 15th Mar 2010
anyone insterested in the Cheltenham Festvial?

its on this week Tuesday to Friday on CH4 from about 1.00 to 4.30

this week wil be a good week for all amatuer punters as lots of people will be gambling on the big four races of the week

6 Comments

this week wil be a good week for all amatuer punters

how the hell do you work that 1 out

its hard enough picking winners without the most competitive races of the year ,big fields and horses that have been laid out for this all year without us knowing

dont get me wrong i love cheltenham and im a bigg better but you wont find me putting any more than a £5 on a horse

Banned

I am interested in it - but

this week wil be a good week for all amatuer punters as lots of people will be gambling on the big four races of the week

Have no idea what you mean by that - every week lots of people bet on the biggest 4 races, don't really see why this week will be any different - or why its better for 'amateur' punters

My OH runs a betting shop and looks forward to cheltenham as him and his freinds all get together and watch the races - all men bonding and all that. Where as I don't see my OH for the whole week....peace and quiet!!

Even I have had a small flutter this year... but I just picked 5 random horses on random races - I wouldn't know what the big races are as a amateur!! lol And did them on a accumulater bet... or I think thats what its called?

I don't think amatuer punters would even give chetenham a second thought unless you have heard a regular punter talk about it. Amatuer punters are more interested in one off races such as The Grand National.

Original Poster

the reasons I said it was good for amateur punters was become in some fo the races there are only 12 runners instead of 40 for the grand national, so if you bet each way which means you win something if the horse finishes 1,2,3 and sometimes 4 depending on the bookie you have a 1 in 3 chance of winning

the four main races are the races at 3.20 each day

imnicebuttdim;8108470

the reasons I said it was good for amateur punters was become in some fo … the reasons I said it was good for amateur punters was become in some fo the races there are only 12 runners instead of 40 for the grand national, so if you bet each way which means you win something if the horse finishes 1,2,3 and sometimes 4 depending on the bookie you have a 1 in 3 chance of winningthe four main races are the races at 3.20 each day

how do you have a 1 in 3 chance of winning in a twelve horse race???????? even betting each way

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;8108510

how do you have a 1 in 3 chance of winning in a twelve horse race???????? … how do you have a 1 in 3 chance of winning in a twelve horse race???????? even betting each way

if there are 12 horses in the race and the bookie pays for the first 4, then you hae a 4 chances in 12 of getting 1 of the top 4, which equals 1 in 3
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
    2. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    3. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21
    4. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22

See more discussions