Groups

Cheltenham Races

Right for all you racing fans......Today is like the beginning of Christmas.
    Do you have any tips for today or the week?
    I will post mine on here in an hour or so..........Keep the thread and see how we all do!
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS

28 Comments

Good luck but no bets for me - lost too much on footie & golf at the weekend.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2273/2143442755_0b97ac6c23_o.jpg

mumbojumbo;8116871

Guaranteed money. … Guaranteed money. :thumbsup:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2340655

only for new customers pity

i have an account with every online bookies :x

Captain cee bee in the 2.05 and
    Character building in the 2.40

Well thats what the OH has gone for anyway. lol

ok i'll help you out

1.30 supreme novice hurdle
    bet on a horse that won its last race 13/14 of the wnners of this race won last time out(narrows it down to six horses from 18) oscar whisky is decent value @ 10/1

2nd ,3rd n 4th with pointers

2.05 arkle challenge trophy steeple chase
    7 yr old have won 4/5 of the last running of this race
    10 of the last twelve winners started 2nd 3rd or fourth fav

narrow it down to:SPORTS LINE ,WOOLCOMBE FOLLY ,and current 2nd 3rd and 4th fav SOMERSBY,SIZING EUROPE,RIVERSIDE THEATRE tho watch betting before race incase this changes

sizzling europe won

2.40 no wiinner has carred over 11 stone for 12 years and just 2 favs hav won since 1977

winner was 10-10 andwasnt fav

3.15 champion hurdle
    too wide open a race to get involved

4.00pm glenfarclas cross country race
    irish trained horses have won the last 5 runnings of this race

irish horses were 1st and second

BET SMALL THE BOOKIES LOVE THIS MEETING FOR A REASON THEY NEARLY ALWAYS MAKE A BUNDLE

is going for Somersby in the 2.05 and Solwhit in the 3.20 that'll do for today...

edit :
    get me out of here
    somersby
    the package
    solwhit
    L'ami
    quevega

just picked 6 outta the paper...

Gone for these so far

1.40-oscar whisky (ew)

2.05-riverside theatre

2.40-ogee

3.20-punjabi

4.00-?

4.40-carole's legacy (ew)

Original Poster

130 Blackstairmountain
    205 Sizing Europe.
    240 Joe Lively.
    320 Punjabi.
    400 Garde Champetre.
    440 Voler La Vedette.

Happy Hunting!!!!:-D

Won the first race and thats it.

Had 2 winners today sizing Europe and Binocular and unfortunately a second in the first race or would be quids in

Knew Binocular would win when they decided to run it AP would have been on board something else if not

Roll on day 2

And got a double on Master minded and Kauto (not a great tip but both should make it a hat trick of wins)

In the 4.00 im going for "Gold Award @ 40-1" EW.

had a nice win on a new story yesterday, gona put a good few bets on today to keep me going through work which will be mental

Original Poster

here are todays tips
    130 becauseicouldntsee.
    205 rite of passage
    240 punchestown
    320 master minded
    400 wishful thinking
    440 notus dev la tour
    515 shot from the hip

1 Becauseicouldntsee @ 9/1
    2 Finian's Rainbow @ 6/1
    3 Burton Port @ 11/1
    4 Twist Magic @ 7/1
    5 Quantitativeeasing @ 13/2

1 of my accumulators...its an EW acca

1.30 24 of the last 26 winners finnished in the 1st 4 in their previous race

240 8 of the last ten winners have been 7 years old

320 29 of the last 31 winners finnished placed in thier previos race

4.00 only 1 winning fav since 1993, 11 of the last 13 winner have carried 11 stone or less

4.40 4of the 5 winners of this race won their previous race,4 of the 5 winners weighd 10st 11lbs or more

5.15 the irish have won 14 outta the last 17 runnings, 15 of the 17 winners won their previos race

Original Poster

copper bleu
    dont push it
    tranquil sea
    war of attrition ew
    mister mcgoldrick ew
    parsons legacy ew

Hollinwell
    alfie sherrin
    barbers shop
    big bucks
    Sunnyhillboy
    nostringsattched

all above to win I've done a few each way's to in each race

Today's (Friday)

olofi,rupestrian (ew)
    rock noir
    enterprise park
    kauto star,tricky trickster (ew)
    dun doire
    Peveril
    your the top,tartak (ew)

Not really into betting on the horses but if I stick £100 on Denman each way, if he wins I win £500 (£400 for the win at 4/1 and £100 for the place at quater the odds for the first 3 places. If he comes 2nd or 3rd I get my money back (£100 at evens). So the only way I can lose money is if he doesn't come in the top 3 which is unlikely. Seems like a good bet to me.

Kauto Star's birthday today. This has to be a sign that he will win the Gold Cup...or that he went on a giant p**s up last night and wont be up for much running today.

Original Poster

greg_68;8146014

Not really into betting on the horses but if I stick £100 on Denman each … Not really into betting on the horses but if I stick £100 on Denman each way, if he wins I win £500 (£400 for the win at 4/1 and £100 for the place at quater the odds for the first 3 places. If he comes 2nd or 3rd I get my money back (£100 at evens). So the only way I can lose money is if he doesn't come in the top 3 which is unlikely. Seems like a good bet to me.

Not exactly true.......
    If you place £100 EW....it will cost you £200. £100 for the win and £100 for the place.
    Or as I think you are meaning £50 EW,. £50 win and £50 place
    So if it wins you will get £50 @4-1 = £200 +£50 stake and £50 @ Evens= £50 + £50 stake = £350 Total
    If it is only placed, you will get the £50 @ Evens + stake back = £100
    Hope this helps

This bet pays out on the first, second, third and fourth places at one quarter the odds.
    Based on a bet of £50 Each Way (£100 Total Bet) on a horse priced at 4/1 in a 16 Runner handicap.

If the Horse won then both parts of your bet have won and your return would therefore be:

£200.00 being the profit on your win part of the bet.

£50.00 being the profit on your place part of the bet.

Your stake is also returned in full (£100)

Total return = £350.00

Actual Profit = £250.00

If the horse finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th then the win part of your bet has lost but the place part has won, your return would therefore be:

£50.00 being the profit on your place part of the bet.

Your stake on the place part of the bet is also returned (£50)

Total return = £100.00

Actual Profit = £0.00

nlambert;8146382

Not exactly true.......If you place £100 EW....it will cost you £200. £ … Not exactly true.......If you place £100 EW....it will cost you £200. £100 for the win and £100 for the place.Or as I think you are meaning £50 EW,. £50 win and £50 placeSo if it wins you will get £50 @4-1 = £200 +£50 stake and £50 @ Evens= £50 + £50 stake = £350 TotalIf it is only placed, you will get the £50 @ Evens + stake back = £100Hope this helpsThis bet pays out on the first, second, third and fourth places at one quarter the odds.Based on a bet of £50 Each Way (£100 Total Bet) on a horse priced at 4/1 in a 16 Runner handicap.If the Horse won then both parts of your bet have won and your return would therefore be:£200.00 being the profit on your win part of the bet.£50.00 being the profit on your place part of the bet.Your stake is also returned in full (£100)Total return = £350.00Actual Profit = £250.00If the horse finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th then the win part of your bet has lost but the place part has won, your return would therefore be:£50.00 being the profit on your place part of the bet.Your stake on the place part of the bet is also returned (£50)Total return = £100.00Actual Profit = £0.00

I think he means that its just a pretty risk free bet as Denman will most likely finish in the top 3, at worst you will break even but if it wins then you profit.

Odds are 9/2 at moment on bet365 so even if you did go each way you would still make a tiny amount of profit.

^^^ that's exactly what I said, if he wins you get 5 fold your money and if he comes 2nd or 3rd you get your money back so not loss.

The only way you can lose is if he comes outside the top 3.

Original Poster

mr.potato_head;8146512

I think he means that its just a pretty risk free bet as Denman will most … I think he means that its just a pretty risk free bet as Denman will most likely finish in the top 3, at worst you will break even but if it wins then you profit.Odds are 9/2 at moment on bet365 so even if you did go each way you would still make a tiny amount of profit.

greg_68;8146526

^^^ that's exactly what I said, if he wins you get 5 fold your money and … ^^^ that's exactly what I said, if he wins you get 5 fold your money and if he comes 2nd or 3rd you get your money back so not loss.The only way you can lose is if he comes outside the top 3.

Ok only trying to help.....Just saying you wont get £500 for the win.
    And Denman is by no means a certainty for a place looking at his last run

My opinion is I think it's a bit risky betting on both of them because I've got a funny feeling one of them will fall.good each way bets for it has to be tricky trickster and imperial commander

I would go AP McCoy - His race to win ratio must be worth a backing.
    That & his horse is currently 5/1

2scoops2

DenMan 5/1

Original Poster

2scoops2;8146879

I would go AP McCoy - His race to win ratio must be worth a backing.That … I would go AP McCoy - His race to win ratio must be worth a backing.That & his horse is currently 5/1 2scoops2DenMan 5/1

In all fairness his race to win ratio at Cheltenham is pretty poor to be honest concidering the quality of the horses he has to choose from.

Original Poster

Todays tips.
    Advisor.
    Any given day.
    Quel Espirit.
    Kauto star.
    Amicelli.
    Ashkazar.
    French Opera

Oh man that was close I thought i was in the money when KS fell.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
      3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions