Found 23rd Mar 2009
I put a cheque in via the cheque deposit machine inside my local branch on friday as yet its still not showing as being placed into my account,how long should I give it?
its usually showing up by the next working day morning

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
6 Comments

I'd give your branch a phone... My money is usually in my account on the same day.

Fingers crossed everything is ok :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thought as much thankyou

On any day other than Friday it appears in my account next day but for some reason Fridays always take a couple of days. I would call up and check though, cos until its showing its not clearing and will take longer to be available.

What time did you put it in there? If it was after a certain time (at HSBC it's 3.30pm) then it doesn't get paid in until the next day so then won't show on records until the day after.

Annie1508;4715115

What time did you put it in there? If it was after a certain time (at … What time did you put it in there? If it was after a certain time (at HSBC it's 3.30pm) then it doesn't get paid in until the next day so then won't show on records until the day after.

As above really. If you missed that days cut-off it won't credit till the following working day. With our banks system, cheques don't show up in real-time so it may not appear as credited until tomorrow on any on-line banking system (but the credit date will show as today, if that makes sense?? :? )

Most banks say allow up to 5 working days for cheques to clear.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?11
    2. Urgent help needed with travel agent56
    3. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    4. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33

See more discussions