Groups

CHEQUE LOST OFF THE TAXMAN

Does anyone know if the taxman would replace a lost cheque for my tax rebate?
    I had the cheque and plaaned to cash it this wkend but couldnt make the bank and now i've lost it im certain its been binned!!!
    I dont remember the exact amount....do you think i ring them up and tell the truth or just ring them up and say i've never recieved the cheque?

any ideas.........i know its quite embarrising

I feel a t!t

16 Comments

I think "lol" will suffice

Should be fine as they can see the cheque hasn't been cashed.

"....do you think i ring them up and tell the truth or just ring them up and say i've never recieved the cheque? "

Jeez !! I cant believe how dishonest some people on here are,Just tell them the truth,

Banned

tonyg1962

"....do you think i ring them up and tell the truth or just ring them up … "....do you think i ring them up and tell the truth or just ring them up and say i've never recieved the cheque? "Jeez !! I cant believe how dishonest some people on here are,Just tell them the truth,

+1

they will stop the cheque and re-issue some time later (probably have to wait 14 days or so).

Tell the truth, if you say you havn't received it they may ask you to hold on for a few day incase it's been held up in the post, or try and trace it causing inconvenience to all concerned

Original Poster

thanks people,i cant believe i've actually lost it/binned it

It will turn up, after you have called them to cancel:p

Original Poster

i havent moved it and then it vanshed,asked around and got the usual oh was that important i put it in the bin

I used to work for hmrc, yes u can ask them to cancel and re issue cheque, however it will take longer Considerably longer than 14 days..There is a process that must be followed before any reissue. They need to check it's not been cashed first.

Banned

I vote lie.

Original Poster

I used to work for hmrc, yes u can ask them to cancel and re issue … I used to work for hmrc, yes u can ask them to cancel and re issue cheque, however it will take longer Considerably longer than 14 days..There is a process that must be followed before any reissue. They need to check it's not been cashed first.

how do i go about it? im not bothered about the time limit cos it will be used for a holiday for next year

Tell the truth, you won't be the first and you won't be the last to misplace a hmrc cheque.

Banned

beso

i havent moved it and then it vanshed,asked around and got the usual oh … i havent moved it and then it vanshed,asked around and got the usual oh was that important i put it in the bin

who did you ask?

who would put a cheque in the bin? Seems a little dubious to me, Anyone seem more flush than usual lol?

Send a big man wannabe Gangster from THIS THREAD to go and get it!!! X)

lets get to the nitty gritty how much was it for lol

beso

how do i go about it? im not bothered about the time limit cos it will be … how do i go about it? im not bothered about the time limit cos it will be used for a holiday for next year

Sorry for late reply not checked the thread, just phone them up, explain whats happened and they will take the necessary action.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. That’s Life Magazine Issue 33 ends 28th August2626
      2. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      4. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977

See more discussions