Chernigivske Ukranian Beer 20x 440ml - £21.98 with all profits to Ukraine Relief @ Amazon

Posted 23rd Apr 2022
A new beer to the UK. Worthy of a try I think, especially as all profits go to such a good cause
Community Updates
Karis
About this item
  • This pack contains 20x440ml Cans of Chernigivske Ukranian Beer
  • Every Can Helps Ukraine Humanitarian Efforts
  • Chernigivske is Ukraine’s most loved beer.
  • A crisp and refreshing lager originally brewed with a character that perfectly balances strength and spirit.
  • Your purchase celebrates this spirit and the profits will contribute to relief efforts.
  • Chernigivske is the best enjoyed with friends.
  • The packaging of the item may differ from image as we may repackage to avoid damages
New Comment

25 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    honeybags225
    kirku23/04/2022 14:59

Comment deleted

Yes this is, in my opinion, very different to the Brewdog stunt. These are Ukrainian businesses and supporting them. I'm all in, thanks OP.
    ozskins
    Just some thoughts.
    Ukraines GDP is likely to fall around 50%, yes half.
    Just remember the fubar the world got in with covid when GDP fell just a few percentage points.
    So not only has their country been invaded, massacres, genocides, rape, murder and more, their means of existing, earning a crust to feed themselves and fight and exist has been decimated too.
    President Zelenskyy has very clearly gone on the record stating the entrepreneurs and business are also vitally important to keep the countries economy going too.
    Some have asked how do they have time to brew?
    Not all of the country is being bombarded all the time.
    Its a huge country.
    Yes it is difficult to keep going, even outwith the combat zones.
    Beyond the horrors of war there are supply chain issues, but they know its vitally important to try to keep going.
    (Disclosure, I'm helping a Ukrainian business directly trying to 'launch' a subsidiary here in the UK and am in regular contact, so am aware of the issues)

As many lagers are generic pish anyway, it appears this may be not much better? depending on your viewpoint/taste buds.
    So if its what you drink anyway, give it a whirl and you will be helping a good cause rather than adding to the profits of 'global brewing megacorp'.
    If you want to donate directly do that too.
    But its a deal that may do some good too.
    A perfect example of active consumerism to change the world for good.
    If your buying generic larger already whats the harm, it might just taste that little bit better knowing you have helped the innocent people of Ukraine too.
    kirku
    weldermike23/04/2022 14:55

Comment deleted

Not everyone wants to donate - I agree that just giving £22 would be better. But if you substitute this for some beer you'd normally buy anyway, then you're doing a good thing.

Personally, I've donated to various causes and have just picked up a case as I'm running low on standard lager.
    Anonymous User
    Ordered! Great cause. Thanks for posting
    Mud8oy
    Thanks for posting OP, ordered!
    nostoneunturned

Comment deleted

Not just the profit, the beer is from Ukraine, so it also supports the workers by keeping them in business.
    Anonymous User

Comment deleted

I'd imagine the profit margin is in excess of 50%, I've donated via the DEC appeal also.
    kirku
    Andrew_K23/04/2022 15:18

Complete rubbish …Complete rubbish beerhttps://www.ratebeer.com/search?q=Chernigivske&tab=beer

Completely standard lager - you're not going to notice a huge difference between this and most major brand lagers.
    fouremus
    Also available from this week in a number of Co-op's at £10 for 10x440ml (profits also going to Ukraine Relief)
    dvdvicar
    If you were going to buy beer anyway - buy this.
    Otherwise - donate directly.
    welshman29
    Has anyone actually tasted these?
    turbobuddah

Comment deleted

If you want to give money AND buy beer then there isn't a better way than this idea
    badgerfoo
    turbobuddah23/04/2022 17:43

If you want to give money AND buy beer then there isn't a better way than …If you want to give money AND buy beer then there isn't a better way than this idea

Exactly. Also, if you advise people to donate straight to the Ukrainian defence ministry to buy stuff they actually need then eventually your post will be deleted so I wouldn't advise people to do that .
    welshman29
    kirku23/04/2022 15:24

Completely standard lager - you're not going to notice a huge difference …Completely standard lager - you're not going to notice a huge difference between this and most major brand lagers.

This is a shame a good cause definitely, but at least showcase the best of Ukraine and we will buy it!!
    dale7
    Thank you, gonna give this a go
    WrexTheDragon
    Ordered mine.
    dbeach
    Andrew_K23/04/2022 15:18

Complete rubbish …Complete rubbish beerhttps://www.ratebeer.com/search?q=Chernigivske&tab=beer

bile, bila, premium or svitle eko, or [retired] sribne? (going from the percentage abn)
    dale7
    All gone now
    ozskins
    Hi badgerfoo, I didn't know they delete comments for suggesting direct donation, so obviously you shouldn't do that. Thanks for bringing to our attention things you shouldn't do
    RayEdge-d2f52.39302
    Ordered. Thanks OP
    solidius
    Decent drop glad its been restocked
    martinelsen
    god awful beer
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants