Groups

Cherry MX browns vs Cherry MX reds for gaming?

I'm going to be gaming and generally browsing on the internet, I heard reds are good for gaming, blues are good for typing and browns are a kind of hybrid of the two. Which one should I get??

8 Comments

I'd say browns all the way but if you can find a shop with some mechanical kbs go and try them yourself

Original Poster

kanjimoore

I'd say browns all the way but if you can find a shop with some … I'd say browns all the way but if you can find a shop with some mechanical kbs go and try them yourself

​do you know anywhere I can try mechanical keyboards?

I've owned lots of odd (and often expensive) keyboards over the years and while the key feel can noticably affect error rates in typing, I've never seen the slightest difference in my gaming performance.

Maybe ultimate pro gamerz do, but I'd just as happily game on a £10 board as my current £90 one (at least in terms of keyswitch feel, no blocking is nice to have).

when I was looking I headed into maplin some of the boxes aren't sealed or have cutouts to allow you to test how it feels

surely its personal preference and how much pressure you use to type.

doritos

surely its personal preference and how much pressure you use to type.

No, it's all determined by what your peers think is good
    Check out youtube.com/wat…zOA

I'd recommend Blue because I prefer the light touch, clicky noise and the tactile feel
    You should be able to swap these out though so you can swap out keys.

Original Poster

kester76

No, it's all determined by what your peers think is good :)Check out … No, it's all determined by what your peers think is good :)Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FJPGpwyzOAI'd recommend Blue because I prefer the light touch, clicky noise and the tactile feel :)You should be able to swap these out though so you can swap out keys.

​you know anywhere I can try them out?

abzycar

​you know anywhere I can try them out?

Probably local pcworld to be honest or maybe this ebay.co.uk/itm…800?hash=item36078486f8:g:2XIAAOSwZVlXt~e9
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1828
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047107
      3. Has anyone purchased tickets from ViaGoGo or Seatwave? 138255
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927359

See more discussions