Chessington, Druscillas or Legoland? HELP PLS

Found 23rd Aug 2007
This is a late suprise for my sons 3rd birthday and i don't know what to do!!. We are going this weekend (apparently the weather will be better) using clubcard vouchers. The best value i think was Legoland because you could get an annual pass for just over 11.00 but its just what they would like the best. Ps. my 9 year old will also be coming and seems to disagree with any idea but Chessington (kids!?!)
PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE

17 Comments

Legoland was expensive to buy anything inside, also the queues were horrendeous! 1 and half hour queueing and that was NOT in summer hols!
Wasnt impressed at all with it. My advice is elimate legoland out of your choices! i

As its for your sons 3rd birthday i would go with Legoland let your 9 year old choose when its his birthday thats what's i have done with my two .

Chaos

My son was 3 when we took him and he was so miserable,having to queue whilst his sister queued to go on older rides.I didnt think they had much there for young ones. Id never go back.

Original Poster

pcnutta

My son was 3 when we took him and he was so miserable,having to queue … My son was 3 when we took him and he was so miserable,having to queue whilst his sister queued to go on older rides.I didnt think they had much there for young ones. Id never go back.

I did go to Legoland when my eldest was about 5 and i did not rate it much but i thought it must of got better, i am swaying towards Drucsillas (i think). thanks

Just been to chessington, the rides will be better for your 9yr old and they have a small zoo, so your 3 year old can watch them feed the penguins / sea lions if you go at the right time, you can also walk into one of the squirrel monkey pens, they are so adorable!

Havent been to the others but chessington was fun:)

can't see why anyone would want an annual pass for legoland once you've been there you'll probably never want to go back.
nothing special only decent thing was watching little one on a mini jcb.
your 3 year old wouldnt rememebr much so do anything on that day

Original Poster

jasonrat

can't see why anyone would want an annual pass for legoland once you've … can't see why anyone would want an annual pass for legoland once you've been there you'll probably never want to go back.nothing special only decent thing was watching little one on a mini jcb.your 3 year old wouldnt rememebr much so do anything on that day

True, but if he's bored then we are all in trouble!! Like Taz on Red bull LOL

Went to Legoland last weekend with a 3 and 5 year old. Our 3 year old was able to go on just about everything (if they are over 1m). Its overpriced but if you take advantage of Tesco vouchers or another offer it makes it more reasonable. Q's were about 30-60 mins.
If your 3 yr old is over 1m - go to legoland - if not go somewhere else. If you do go to Legoland - take your own food - you're allowed back out to your car to get stuff.

bit off the subject, but for the ultimate kids treat (more of a holiday)....we went to The orginal Legoland in Denmark and stayed at the Lego hotel (which is built into the park, so you have no distance to travel and can pop back to your rooom as and when it suits) . They have thought of everything - a stack of giant bricks up to the front of the reception desk. Themed hotel rooms - Lego style brick beds even the coat hooks are made of lego. The food was phenominal for adults and children a mahoosive buffet spread with the kids selection on 2/3 height tables. Bit of a one off i know, kind of like going to Lapland at Christmas - very much in the treat category, but we all had a great time

gari189

Went to Legoland last weekend with a 3 and 5 year old. Our 3 year old … Went to Legoland last weekend with a 3 and 5 year old. Our 3 year old was able to go on just about everything (if they are over 1m). Its.

Your 3 year old is over a metre!

Are you the BFG?

Iom-RF

Your 3 year old is over a metre! Are you the BFG?

Yeh thats tall,my daughter is 4 and half and she isn't even 1M yet!

Comes in handy,Chessington is free entry to those under 1M,although she gets on a fair bit cos a few of their rides are 90cm or above,she always gets measured cos really she looks quite small for her age.

Well I would go with Chessington,don't think of much of Legoland as have debated if to go to Legoland b4,and don't know about Druisallas,they got an animal park too haven't they? Chessington got Zoo,I would go with Chessington.

As for ques at Chessington,when we went for 2 days a few wks back we went on a Friday and it wasn't very busy,Saturday was a little busier but the longest time I qued was for 40mins to go on Vampire to go on with our son,but the Friday him and his Dad just walked straight round the que and got onto the ride in 5mins!
It was also really warm,so its not as if people were put off going cos no rain at all.I guess the weather went downhill since I got back from that and well not really been anywhere since...

We went to Legoland a few weeks ago, agree with the comments above that the queues were horrendous, minimum 1 hour for anything, lots of rides 1.5 hours, that was a weekday too.

i remember when i used to go legoland everyday because my uncle used to work in computing admin bit.

Original Poster

jelli89

bit off the subject, but for the ultimate kids treat (more of a … bit off the subject, but for the ultimate kids treat (more of a holiday)....we went to The orginal Legoland in Denmark and stayed at the Lego hotel (which is built into the park, so you have no distance to travel and can pop back to your rooom as and when it suits) . They have thought of everything - a stack of giant bricks up to the front of the reception desk. Themed hotel rooms - Lego style brick beds even the coat hooks are made of lego. The food was phenominal for adults and children a mahoosive buffet spread with the kids selection on 2/3 height tables. Bit of a one off i know, kind of like going to Lapland at Christmas - very much in the treat category, but we all had a great time

I will have a look at that for another time, Thanks

Hi

We went to Sundown adventure land with our 3yr old yesterday. We had a great time, the park is geared up for the under 10s. We took our 6month old and she went on most of the rides as well.

check out [url]www.sundownadventureland.co.uk[/url]

the wesite doesn't really do it justice but we stayed for 5 hours and had a great time.
:thumbsup:

chrisday1975

Hi We went to Sundown adventure land with our 3yr old yesterday. We had a … Hi We went to Sundown adventure land with our 3yr old yesterday. We had a great time, the park is geared up for the under 10s. We took our 6month old and she went on most of the rides as well. check out [url]www.sundownadventureland.co.uk[/url] the wesite doesn't really do it justice but we stayed for 5 hours and had a great time. :thumbsup:

Looks good,cheap to get in too,£8,under 2's free.Nowhere nr me tho
Post a comment
@
    Text