Groups

Chic Holiday ideas

Banned
    Looking for a chic/boutique/luxury holiday from the 1st July.

As other half will be 6 months pregnant, we are looking for nothing more than luxury and a beach (with good weather) - no clubs, etc.

Any ideas?

We stayed at the CS Madeira last year and that would be spot on but have always thought life is too short to go to the same place twice.

No particular budget so just want some good ideas - and I've already looked on Trip Advisor so have some ideas. Just want to hear more.

26 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 8th May 2011

malta - just come back from there - v nice ,
    phuket , thailand - not sure if the flight time is too much
    florida?

Original Poster Banned

astonmart4321

malta - just come back from there - v nice ,phuket , thailand - not sure … malta - just come back from there - v nice ,phuket , thailand - not sure if the flight time is too much florida?

Malta got a beach? Had a look but seems to be cliffs?
    Thailand too far - I did mention Mexico but being 6 months pregnant by then, she's not interested (fair enough). Same with Florida I think.

It maybe a med holiday this year but would like something a little but special.

Thanks for the input.

hmmm - will get back to you shortly with more suggestions -
    Turkey - I know you said about the club situation but you can pick a more exclusive resort
    canary islands
    corsica
    bulgaria
    portugal
    morroco
    sharm el sheik
    Edited by: "astonmart4321" 8th May 2011

italy - sicily
    croatia
    canary islands
    turkey
    tunisia
    greece
    corsica
    cyprus
    dubai

Edited by: "astonmart4321" 8th May 2011

America-Loads of deep fried food for you to feast on,also you wont receive any teasing about your size over there
    Edited by: "boothy" 8th May 2011

Original Poster Banned

astonmart4321

greece italy - sicily croatiacanary islandsturkeytunisia greececorsica … greece italy - sicily croatiacanary islandsturkeytunisia greececorsica cyprus dubai

Really appreciate the input, however I'm looking for particular places to stay (hotels, villas, apartments etc) that are a little bit chic?

Any ideas within the countries you mention?

[quote=JonnyTwoToesMalta got a beach? Had a look but seems to be cliffs?
    .[/quote]

radissonblu.com/gol…ery

Malta is very hot in July. Does she want a lot of heat with a bump?

Original Poster Banned

boothy

America-Loads of deep fried food for you to feast on,also you wont … America-Loads of deep fried food for you to feast on,also you wont receive any teasing about your size over there

Stalker count has reached 98. Almost at 100 Boothy. Two more to go and you get to suck my ****!

Original Poster Banned

chalkysoil

http://www.radissonblu.com/goldensandsresort-malta/galleryMalta is very … http://www.radissonblu.com/goldensandsresort-malta/galleryMalta is very hot in July. Does she want a lot of heat with a bump?

How hot? Anything around 25-28 should be OK.

lol - sorry - but hopefully somebody here would of gone to one of these places and give some better input - besides that trip advisor?

A Maltese farmer once said to me - Malta is too hot in July even for the Maltese. Although my neice is going to Gozo in July, she likes diving though.

Original Poster Banned

chalkysoil

http://www.radissonblu.com/goldensandsresort-malta/galleryMalta is very … http://www.radissonblu.com/goldensandsresort-malta/galleryMalta is very hot in July. Does she want a lot of heat with a bump?

That looks spot on! Just had a good look - have you been there?

What about somewhere with little or no flying, Jersey?
    Edited by: "chalkysoil" 8th May 2011

cruise round the Med? She can rest if she gets tired and you can still enjoy the different locations each day.

Been there but couldn't afford that hotel, it was classy. Often been to Malta.

I stayed in a cheapo hotel , but malta is nice with beeches and just a 2.5 hr flight - that hotel recd looks so good - wish my OH would take me there

Original Poster Banned

chalkysoil

What about somewhere with little or no flying, Jersey?

You're thinking on the same lines - exactly what we've been looking at but she wants to go somewhere a little hotter.

We've been looking all day and the Radisson Blu is within the top 3 already! Can't thank you enough.

Original Poster Banned

joesmum

cruise round the Med? She can rest if she gets tired and you can still … cruise round the Med? She can rest if she gets tired and you can still enjoy the different locations each day.

Good idea - not thought of the cruise yet. Will do now.

eek! Check reviews though because I haven't been to that beach in July. We go to Malta off season. Most beaches are not sandy - One nice thing about Malta is they speak English so you can mix with other than tourists. And get sense out of the chemists etc. And Valletta is my favourite city, (not too far away) although steep with lots of steps in places.

morrocco is gonna be stupid cheap this year-and if you are looking for luxury,we got offered a week ALL INCLUSIVE at a FIVE STAR resort in marrakech today for 169 quid!! Travel agent said the morrocco situation is perfectly stable,Im seriously considering it,but its gotta be cheap for a reason right? a revolution on the horizon?

barky - i'll take it - where can I book this ?

Original Poster Banned

barky

morrocco is gonna be stupid cheap this year-and if you are looking for … morrocco is gonna be stupid cheap this year-and if you are looking for luxury,we got offered a week ALL INCLUSIVE at a FIVE STAR resort in marrakech today for 169 quid!! Travel agent said the morrocco situation is perfectly stable,Im seriously considering it,but its gotta be cheap for a reason right? a revolution on the horizon?

Funny you saying that - got a friend with a place in Tarifa that I need to go and see soon, so had a look at Morocco - can always get a ferry over.
    Be nice to come back with the 'three' of us though - or is that me scaremongering?

Original Poster Banned

chesso

Just luxury and a beach? Costa Smeralda, Sardiniatrip adviser luxury … Just luxury and a beach? Costa Smeralda, Sardiniatrip adviser luxury hotels

Thank you! That's probably a little too much baring in mind we've got a kid coming.

I'm really taken with the Raddison Blu in Malta - just working out some flights.

Thanks Chalkysoil!

Malta is nice as well.:) Have a good holiday.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1313
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047167
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)63485
      4. Get an annual MOT reminder44

See more discussions