Chicco Next2Me dilemma - our bed is too high

Posted 26th Jun 2020Edited by:"squiff"
Hi all,

Our baby is due home from hospital on Monday. We bought the Chicco Next2Me for her to sleep in until she is big/old enough to go in her own cot in her nursery.

On the tallest setting for the crib (position 6 IIRC), our mattress is higher than the base of the crib which obviously presents a suffocation risk if the crib is to be used with the side down as intended by Chicco. The height difference is about 1 inch (maybe a fraction more). Alternatively we could have the side up and have the crib a couple of inches away from our bed but we wouldn't be able to see baby without sitting up in bed, constantly through the night, and defeats the object really. Hard enough to get into and out of bed when a crib is there!

What should we do please?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Can you Adjust the mattress support lower to allow it to sit level ?
No, our bed is a divan and apart from taking the wheels off the base which is a non-starter as it's extremely heavy we can't lower the height of the mattress. Is there a SAFE way to raise the crib?
deleted11933
The obvious bodge would be to put some wood or something similar under the legs at either end (in a secure way to prevent it moving). We bought the SnuzPod and it astounded me that I couldnt cover the top to stop the cat getting in. I bought some netting and made something myself that I can pull back and then do up again with hooks, cable ties etc (all on the outside of the crib).
Could you send it back & get a Snuzpod. 9 height adjustable settings up to 63cm, have you got a Moses basket she could sleep in for a short time?
From what I've read there should only be a max 2cm between the top of your mattress and the top of the edge of the Chicco
Edited by: "ellenw" 26th Jun
ellenw26/06/2020 14:48

Could you send it back & get a Snuzpod. 9 height adjustable settings up to …Could you send it back & get a Snuzpod. 9 height adjustable settings up to 63cm, have you got a Moses basket she could sleep in for a short time?From what I've read there should only be a max 2cm between the top of your mattress and the top of the edge of the Chicco

We bought the Chicco months ago and have also fallen in love with is, so can't return it. Nope, she's too big for a Moses. She's 7 months old (three months corrected as she was born 4 months early). Thanks for the 2cm clearance info - I'll go and measure it properly.
Can you get another or a thicker baby mattress?
MadeDixonsCry26/06/2020 17:00

Can you get another or a thicker baby mattress?

I think that's the only sensible solution. I'll see if I can get one on Prime. Thank you so much!
You could get some foam cut to
size and make up height under mattress could be cheaper than another mattress
Congratulations on finally getting baby home safe and well x
nkr26/06/2020 23:50

You could get some foam cut tosize and make up height under mattress could …You could get some foam cut tosize and make up height under mattress could be cheaper than another mattress

I have memory foam but it might not be safe for a baby so I've bought a proper mattress from a reputable seller. It's coming tomorrow, hopefully!
Post a comment
@
    Text