Chicken Breasts

Posted 26th Sep
Hi Guys , Where can I buy chicken breasts cheap in bulk ? I go gym 5 days a week and trying to eat clean and lean bulk so trying to find cheap sources of protein.
I live near the city of london if that helps.
Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

26 Comments
Try fish and rice cakes
Seriously though, muscle food they are great
38551921-Fjqqz.jpg
Or 24 chicken breasts and 10 rump steaks plus pack of sausages and pack of bacon for £50 delivered
Edited by: "toonsquirel" 26th Sep
TL;DR
Eat right, train hard get friendly with butchers

Clean eating is a fad name. As above muscle food is good as long as you don’t sucked in by the amazing magic protein powders/bars etc. They’re great for adding extra macros etc but eating properly is priority but I highly suggest if you can find a local butcher/ fish monger get friendly with them and they can and usually do pretty darn amazing deals. My history with muscle food was awful with my last orders, bits missing, given a £5 voucher for food that never arrived for Christmas, food that stank and was actually rancid the list goes on. Maybe that’s different now. The key is to inject steroids into your eyes, that way you look hard
I buy a few snacks from my protein too like there pork crunch (replaces me eating crisps there delicious and 22g protein yet only 120 calories) and I like their flapjacks and beef jerky. I used to eat a lot of chocolate and sweets and crisps and can’t bare not having a couple of nice snacks per day so replacing them with delicious but really good high protein snack is better than the junk food snacks
Most supermarkets do a 1kg bag of frozen breast for around £4. Yes they have added water but I doubt you will find anything cheaper.
Have you asked local independent butchers if you can do a deal
Have you considered independent butchers or even smaller Ethnic butchers which are plentiful in London. Can get non frozen box of 10kg for £32
More protein in soyabean than chicken..It will not be full of roids unlike.........much more likley to find a deal on soyabean products than chicken in the City ie ec1
Edited by: "thomasleep" 27th Sep
Eating clean is as far as I understand it about eating non processed foods but also sustainably produced organically raised products. I don't think cheap chicken fits this criteria. You can get cheap chicken all over the place but what has it been fed and how has it lived? If that doesn't perturb you, how much of that gets into the food chain? Don't get me wrong, I'm no vegan eco warrior, I eat meat as do the majority of the population. The conditions chickens are kept in concerns me to the point I will only buy free range. To me chicken is now a treat as opposed to a cheap source of protein.
I get mine from an Asian cash and carry. A 10kg box is £28 quid. Make sure you have space in the freezer though!
Aren't eggs the cheapest form of protein?
deleted1410297
Lol dont get into this clean/lean bulk stuff, its meaningless
deleted141029727/09/2019 09:45

Lol dont get into this clean/lean bulk stuff, its meaningless

No it’s not, you dint have to go crazy but since I cut out poor snacks and upped protein and have protein snacks I see changes in myself without a doubt. I don’t drop calories I just swap for better calories. That been said some people want far too much thinking the more the better when in fact just swapping foods and increasing protein is good enough
Edited by: "toonsquirel" 27th Sep
thomasleep27/09/2019 00:04

More protein in soyabean than chicken..It will not be full of roids …More protein in soyabean than chicken..It will not be full of roids unlike.........much more likley to find a deal on soyabean products than chicken in the City ie ec1

Please show us a link or any evidence stating UK chickens are full of steroids! Until then please stop giving people false information!
666FU27/09/2019 10:28

Please show us a link or any evidence stating UK chickens are full of …Please show us a link or any evidence stating UK chickens are full of steroids! Until then please stop giving people false information!

Have you ever tried to fight a chicken?

Roid rage chickens are no laughing matter
thomasleep27/09/2019 00:04

More protein in soyabean than chicken..It will not be full of roids …More protein in soyabean than chicken..It will not be full of roids unlike.........much more likley to find a deal on soyabean products than chicken in the City ie ec1

Soy Boy detected.
i used to use musclefood but a few failed deliveries put me off i think my local DPD branch was throwing them around..

places like farmfoods and iceland do big bags of frozen chicken which you can take a few out for the fridge the night before.

may work out cheaper.

Please show us a link or any evidence stating UK chickens are full of …Please show us a link or any evidence stating UK chickens are full of steroids! Until then please stop giving people false information!

Did I say chickens??
Wing Yip sell 10kg frozen breast 80% chicken for £28.30. Blue Brand, they sell slighter cheaper brands but are 70% chicken, the rest being frozen water. They have 2 branches in London. Other Chinese supermarkets near me sell for slight a lower price.

That's £2.83 a kilo. The cheapest supermarket frozen chicken is £3.50 a kilo and is about 50% chicken and 50% water.

I once tried soy protein it was cheap.. totally discussing so can only imagine what soyabean tastes like but chicken is delicious so for that reason chicken wins hands down!!
dickypreston27/09/2019 14:40

i used to use musclefood but a few failed deliveries put me off i think my …i used to use musclefood but a few failed deliveries put me off i think my local DPD branch was throwing them around..places like farmfoods and iceland do big bags of frozen chicken which you can take a few out for the fridge the night before.may work out cheaper.

I’ve heard a couple of bad things since DPD took over musclefood deliveries from Royal Mail but it’s still highly rated so probably all DPD drivers and depos aren’t *****
Cans of tuna is 65p
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants