Chicken cooked in coke and ketchup...anyone tried it

52 replies
Found 21st Mar 2008
The wife cooked this the other day very nice and not that many calories.
Has anyone tried this yet I don't think it is that popular and at first of hearing about this I thought yuk but it is very nice.
Will have this for dinner later on.

52 Comments

HMMM...

Its that well known dish - Heinz cock- a- cola!

What !! coke and ketchup ? :w00t:

Ketchup maybe but the coke? :?

Original Poster

any other strange but scrumy dishes out there.
( apart from all the female H.U.K.D members )

Original Poster

smithyp1;1755742

What !! coke and ketchup ? :w00t:Ketchup maybe but the coke? :?

I take you have not tried it.
The best way of a disciption is...that dish they do in the pubs called hickory chicken

Chips & Cheese with Gravy
Chips & Cheese with Curry Sauce
Pizza & Gravy

Everyone round these parts seem to wince at the thought, but they're all fantastic...

thisismark;1755755

any other strange but scrumy dishes out there.( apart from all the female … any other strange but scrumy dishes out there.( apart from all the female H.U.K.D members )

Not particluarly strange but not run of the mill & a good hangover cure-

Scrambled egg on potato waffle. Covered in ketchup & washed down with coke.

The coke & ketchup thing again??

i know you can cook a large ham in coke! that is really nice

mike_allison;1755778

i know you can cook a large ham in coke! that is really nice

is that cos it caramelises?

Original Poster

warmapplepie;1755781

is that cos it caramelises?

Yes thats right

Original Poster

We use 4 chicken breasts chopped up into cubes throw that into a deep frying pan with 1 chopped onion, add 1 and a half mugs of diet coke and 12 table spoons of ketchup then keep on the heat until this has caramilised.( about 30 mins )
Hey presto done

thisismark;1755826

We use 4 chicken breasts chopped up into cubes throw that into a deep … We use 4 chicken breasts chopped up into cubes throw that into a deep frying pan with 1 chopped onion, add 1 and a half mugs of diet coke and 12 table spoons of ketchup then keep on the heat until this has caramilised.( about 30 mins )Hey presto done

so does it make it a sticky sauce!

Original Poster

karaokecolin;1755773

Not particluarly strange but not run of the mill & a good hangover … Not particluarly strange but not run of the mill & a good hangover cure-Scrambled egg on potato waffle. Covered in ketchup & washed down with coke.The coke & ketchup thing again??

Should of had this earlier,
Ran out of Stella last night and ended up drinking the wifes wine,
= bad head this morning

Heard this on Galaxy Radio the other day :w00t:

Original Poster

TOOLULA;1755878

so does it make it a sticky sauce!

Yes very nice as well not to sweet but we use the diet coke not to sure what results would be if normal coke was used prob a bit sweeter

My sister in law is a chef and where she works they make BBQ sauce from coke, tomato sauce, and english mustard. I assume thats what the chicken tastes like cooked this way.

Original Poster

lsuk78;1755901

My sister in law is a chef and where she works they make BBQ sauce from … My sister in law is a chef and where she works they make BBQ sauce from coke, tomato sauce, and english mustard. I assume thats what the chicken tastes like cooked this way.

yes
My sister in law is also a chef and she can do a luuuuuuuuuuverly tomato soup
now i am starting to dribble

I'm gonna try this...

Whats the ratios?

How many tablespoons of ketchup to how many ounces of coke?

Banned

4Site;1755943

I'm gonna try this...Whats the ratios?How many tablespoons of ketchup to … I'm gonna try this...Whats the ratios?How many tablespoons of ketchup to how many ounces of coke?

LMAO, Was just going to ask if it was the fizzy sort

i think im gonna have to try this too sounds good.

Original Poster

4Site;1755943

I'm gonna try this...Whats the ratios?How many tablespoons of ketchup to … I'm gonna try this...Whats the ratios?How many tablespoons of ketchup to how many ounces of coke?

The recipe has been posted earlier in this thread.
I did forget to mention add a couple of splashes of worcester sauce

Banned

4Site;1755943

thisismark;1755975

The recipe has been posted earlier in this thread.I did forget to mention … The recipe has been posted earlier in this thread.I did forget to mention add a couple of splashes of worcester sauce

eerrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm

Original Poster

let us know what you think of it

sassie;1755982

eerrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm

hush you, don't enlighten him

pmsl

Banned

4Site;1756004

hush you, don't enlighten himpmsl

ooops sorry

anyway from reading the recipe its the diet one, so deffo by the ounce - lol

thisismark;1755975

The recipe has been posted earlier in this thread.I did forget to mention … The recipe has been posted earlier in this thread.I did forget to mention add a couple of splashes of worcester sauce

i would have added that anyway

thisismark;1755975

Blimey worchester sauce aswell as ketchup and coke...
...i'm gonna need a mansize box of tissues after this.

Banned

How much coke do you put in? Sounds expensive!!!! Do you mix it with the ketchup or just sprinkle it?

Yummy yummy chicken:

You need;
Chicken Breast
Celery
Brocolli
Mushrooms
Onion
Double cream
Sour Cream
Mayonnaise
Cheese
Salt and pepper.

I never really go with measurements, just put in what you feel is right :-)

Brown some chicken breasts in a pan.
Whack em in a baking dish with the broccoli (cut the broccoli up first).
Chop the onion, mushrooms and celery.
Whack them in a skillit and fry in a lil bit of oil and butter until the onions brown.
While thats cooking, mix together the mayo, double cream, sour cream and chese (finely grated).
Put the vegetables ontop of the chicken/broccoli. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
Put the sauce you just made ontop of that.
Cover with foil.
What in the oven at about 190 for 45 mins.

Serve with saute potatos or a salad.

eww.......

Original Poster

Jacket spud tonight with coke and ketchup chicken ...splendid

if it was april 1st i could understans.

cook-a-cola

I must be tired I - when 'i first read the hedline for this thread I thought it said "Children cooked in coke and ketchup!"

suze;1757749

I must be tired I - when 'i first read the hedline for this thread I … I must be tired I - when 'i first read the hedline for this thread I thought it said "Children cooked in coke and ketchup!"

chitty chitty bang bang comes to mind

do you think you could use heroin if you have no coke

pcfairs;1758256

chitty chitty bang bang comes to mind

:giggle::giggle:

Banned

suze;1757749

I must be tired I - when 'i first read the hedline for this thread I … I must be tired I - when 'i first read the hedline for this thread I thought it said "Children cooked in coke and ketchup!"

thats nothing i suze, i am forever misreading titles, tonight i though the thread of this title "CBMSTORES ANY INFORMATION ON IT"

said "CREMATORIUM - ANY INFORMATION ON IT":oops:

sassie;1758626

"CREMATORIUM - ANY INFORMATION ON IT":oops:

well all I can say is sassie you must be VERY tired!!!

Banned

suze;1758642

well all I can say is sassie you must be VERY tired!!!

always - lol
there comes a ime in ones life when you really shouldnt have children, think someone forgot to mention this to me:w00t:

sounds ermmm yummy? what would you serve with it?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition53488
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions