chicken shop business

Found 18th Jul 2011
hello,
i am going to start a fried or grilled chicken shop business and i dont have any previous experience in food business. please advice if it is worth it or not. i am going to remortgage my house to invest 100000 in this business.
Community Updates
MiscChicken
31 Comments
boothy

Also make sure the chicken is not Halal

Elaborate please.

Good Luck in your venture OP, though I personally would have advised to dabble in something you already have experience in, In can be a saturated area so DYOR on Target Market, Locality, Location, Overheads etc
Mildred Pierce?
Don't do it.
its going to be a franchise of dixy or peri peri orignal/ pepe peri peri
raa

its going to be a franchise of dixy or peri peri orignal/ pepe peri peri

Go for Chunky Chicken mate, you'd do well;

chunkychicken.com/ind…=43
or sams chicken - are the tastyiest
Remortgaging your house to start a business you have no experience in seems very risky!? If its a franchise, can you not try call up their head office to see if you can gain some experience in another shop before you charge in head first? Experience is very important and a poor start can affect your business drastically in the long run.
Can you rival KFC?
*katie*

Can you rival KFC?

If he uses real chicken then he's beat them already X)
dixy chicken mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Imo franchises are crap. If the original concept was any good they would keep it to themselves.
Too many chicken places... Not enough good ones. Experience would help otherwise you'll disappear into the background wondering why you bothered. Good area and the right market is the way if you want to take the risk
Almost every 'chicken shop' is halal, most non-muslims don't seem to mind, so why would you alienate some customers?
OP I've been in the business for over 20 years & it's not worth the gamble of your house.
Even more of a gamble as you have no experience.

OP also ignore Boothy as he's just a little keyboard man who slabbers nonsense on every 2nd thread.
do it whatever halal / non halal it doesnt bother me or any of my mates , but make it good tasting and well priced - plus offer a discount to HOTUK dealers ie us
astonmart4321

do it whatever halal / non halal it doesnt bother me or any of my mates , … do it whatever halal / non halal it doesnt bother me or any of my mates , but make it good tasting and well priced - plus offer a discount to HOTUK dealers ie us

Nor me...........the only preference i have is that it's dead before i eat it.
hooray it's back
Mods should ban these Spammers when it's clear they are just trying to be destructive to members who have made valid threads.

Boot & his little sheep followers.................Flock-on !!
You should get some experience first rather than investing all your money in something you don't know a lot about. Could apply to manage a local one, or some other restaurant or fast food place?
multi - obvious
WheresMeNuts

OP I've been in the business for over 20 years & it's not worth the … OP I've been in the business for over 20 years & it's not worth the gamble of your house.Even more of a gamble as you have no experience.OP also ignore Boothy as he's just a little keyboard man who slabbers nonsense on every 2nd thread.

Mentioned Boothy twice in this thread....getting under your skin much?
hmm WMN , your efforts where reconised in the threads that you started but got spammed -
but back to the subject - op , if you want advise , we want a discount
Depends on the area. There is a huge market in parts of my town for dirt cheap food with little or no nutritional value . Do your research and pick area wisely.

Personally i only eat KFC, dont like/trust the other places but there is a market no doubt.

bit of a risk. I would advise you to do thorough research before anything.
which area you planning this in ?
Or maybe work in a chicken takeaway place for maybe a few weeks so you can understand the whole process, it would help in the long run. Dont rush into these things either,
In Bristol we have miss millies, it's so good that KFC barely gets a look in a Doesn't even bother opening a store where there is a millies!!!
Syzable

If he uses real chicken then he's beat them already X)

Don't understand that statement. Are you saying KFC synthesize chicken?
OP could always have a halal KFC, wish there were more of them.
Abvance

OP could always have a halal KFC, wish there were more of them.

there are alot of these in east london , but Im not sure outside of london -

halal or non halal theres always room for another chicken shop if your prices and quality are decent

Let me know when you go bust - I could use some cheap kitchen equipment.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants