Child car seats...have I got this right?

Found 26th Jun 2009
My daughter, whose 7 is tall for her age and is 134.5cm high. Been looking online and it seems that once she reaches 135cm she no longer needs a booster seat anymore. Is this right? It says either when they are 12 or reach 135cm high. Think I got it right, just wanted to check

14 Comments

Yep that's it hun:thumbsup:

Original Poster

hannah19790;5595658

Yep that's it hun:thumbsup:

Thanks! Just seems bit odd that she is only 7 and no longer (well almost - half a cm!) needs a car or booster seat!!!

Yeah you no longer need the booster for her, bet that will please your little girl now

ive got a freind whos 30 but below that hight will she need a booster seat

Yh I know, there's a big difference between 7 and 12 years isn't there....but it is worked out on height really....I think they say 12 because they can't really make a 12 year old or even an adult sit in a booster seat! If u still have one keep her in it anyway for everyday use....it can't do any harm can it:thumbsup:

jamespir;5595692

ive got a freind whos 30 but below that hight will she need a booster seat

No.... she's over 12!

Becksdawe;5595740

No.... she's over 12!

durr i was taking the michael

wow she is tall, my 6 yr old is only 110cm. think he'll be in a booster for a long time yet ;-)

jamespir;5595758

durr i was taking the michael

Yup... and?

Even though she might not legally need a booster seat I'd go by the guidance on the seat you have - if it's safe for say up to 145cm and 'works' for her (for instance is comfortable and the belts lap and shoulder straps sit right keep using it - she'll probably prefer seeing over the front-seat passengers heads.

My 9yr old doesn't need one anymore as he's 138cm, but he says he still wants to use it (comforting thing)

My 7 year old is 138cm and hasn't legally needed a car seat for a while. However it is still technically safer for them to use a car seat until 145cm. 135cm was chosen as it is significantly safer for children under this height to have a car seat. Between 135 and 150 cm it is somewhat safer. The authorities thought it would be easier for children to comply with if they were primary school age, and becasue the majority of kids do reach 135cm by the time they are 11 this number was chosen.

bluedave;5596054

My 7 year old is 138cm and hasn't legally needed a car seat for a while. … My 7 year old is 138cm and hasn't legally needed a car seat for a while. However it is still technically safer for them to use a car seat until 145cm. 135cm was chosen as it is significantly safer for children under this height to have a car seat. Between 135 and 150 cm it is somewhat safer. The authorities thought it would be easier for children to comply with if they were primary school age, and becasue the majority of kids do reach 135cm by the time they are 11 this number was chosen.

Good answer - that says it all. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. I will keep her in a booster cushion as she is ok in it. Just wanted to check position legally. Rep to you all
Post a comment
@
    Text