Child custody proof ...

Found 1st May 2012
Hi,
I have joint custody of my daughter,a voluntary arrangement that works well between her mother and I ...
Now,for reasons I'd rather not post here .. I have been asked to provide proof of this arrangement,when i asked what proof would be acceptable I received the following

'A copy of the court papers detailing the access arrangements should suffice,'

What I'm wondering is whether i do actually have to go to court to get such proof ,I'd rather not seeing as everything is working well for all parties ...

Google didn't really clarify the matter :-)
Community Updates
MiscHighbury
14 Comments
Fix your typo before you get the grammar police onto you
Could you not tell them that the agreement was made outside of court with a letter from her mother confirming this?
cutody?
As Mike said, writing a letter and both signing at the bottom showing both parties are in agreement, surely that would suffice instead of having to go through the courts just to get the agreement in writing.
Nice to hear that you and your ex are amicable.

You don't have a court order, only a personal agreement between you and your ex.

Is it possible for your ex to provide a statement saying you have reached a joint custody arrangement between yourselves. The signed letter may have to be witnessed.
Thank you ... typo now fixed ..
And I'll try the signed letter ...
if this is for some kind of child tax credits i think you are going to have to get her mother to write a letter, i am not sure what a court could give you as it never went to court
Mmmm Custardy
it is weird though, if this was the mother she wouldn't have to prove residency, yet you do
sassie

it is weird though, if this was the mother she wouldn't have to prove … it is weird though, if this was the mother she wouldn't have to prove residency, yet you do

Exactly. It's 2012, and still fathers have to jump through these sort of hoops.

OP, you can't go to court, as no such arrangement (residency, not custody) is there for the courts to agree to. I don't know why they call it "access" either, it's not been called access for donkeys years.
Tell them what you have told us here, they may accept a sworn statement.

Edited by: "thesaint" 1st May 2012
sassie

if this is for some kind of child tax credits i think you are going to … if this is for some kind of child tax credits i think you are going to have to get her mother to write a letter, i am not sure what a court could give you as it never went to court

IF it is for child tax credits, and it is amicable, couldn't you leave the arrangement as it is, and your ex could give you the relevant cash when she dropped your kid off?
Johnboy_1975

IF it is for child tax credits, and it is amicable, couldn't you leave … IF it is for child tax credits, and it is amicable, couldn't you leave the arrangement as it is, and your ex could give you the relevant cash when she dropped your kid off?

Nah,It's not for child tax credits... :-)
It's actually not for anything important ... just annoyed me that they ask for a copy of court papers when theres no need for courts to be involved ...
Tell them it's not a court agreement. Just an amicable solution you and your ex came to by yourselves.

Just an idea.
JonnyTwoToes

Tell them it's not a court agreement. Just an amicable solution you and … Tell them it's not a court agreement. Just an amicable solution you and your ex came to by yourselves.Just an idea.

whoever it is needs proof....id just go see your solicitor and pay them to witness a statement or statutory declaration. wont cost you much
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants