child modelling

looking to get my 6 year old daughter into modelling and just wondered if anyone had any advice on which modeling agency to go with and how to get into it. I tried eurokids which she was offered a contract but the fees were £100 and not garanteed work and was told off friends that you should have to pay them just wondered what route to go down we live in the north west

31 Comments

No real company will charge

Banned

wrong...that's all I can say

look on here
albamodel.info/ali…php

think you will find most companys for children will charge, as it is different from adult modelling.

my girl use to model for elisabeth smith. x

Sigh, another childs life ruined? Give her a book instead and let her enjoy being a kid.

lumoruk

wrong...that's all I can say

Is it really wrong setting up your little ones life? My little one does the odd shoot, ive never had to pay, but maybe i've been lucky and gone through friends, then friends of friends etc To be fair, she has a stonking portfolio on the go, and a canny sum in the bank to do with what she likes when i deem her to be "adult" enough. (wonder if she will pay me back my petrol, and time out of her earnings lol.

Avvie is a wedding shoot she done, was actually my brothers wedding when the photographer came, ideal setting for him, and she got some spondoolies for her troubles.

Lulu'sMammy

Is it really wrong setting up your little ones life? My little one does … Is it really wrong setting up your little ones life? My little one does the odd shoot, ive never had to pay, but maybe i've been lucky and gone through friends, then friends of friends etc To be fair, she has a stonking portfolio on the go, and a canny sum in the bank to do with what she likes when i deem her to be "adult" enough. (wonder if she will pay me back my petrol, and time out of her earnings lol.Avvie is a wedding shoot she done, was actually my brothers wedding when the photographer came, ideal setting for him, and she got some spondoolies for her troubles.

Setting up your little ones life or destroying it?
I wouldn't exactly call a models life glamorous, and the chances are high that after teenage years, acne, growth etc your kid will not exactly be model material (harsh reality).

Then what can he/she fall back on? The education that they put aside while trying to keep mummy happy?

Can i just say . I have seen it from both sides, my girl did model for pampers and that was great when she was a little baby. However as she got older the mums get bitchier and pushier. However these were for big campaigns(one for burberry) so alot of money was on the table xx

thrustmaster

Setting up your little ones life or destroying it?I wouldn't exactly call … Setting up your little ones life or destroying it?I wouldn't exactly call a models life glamorous, and the chances are high that after teenage years, acne, growth etc your kid will not exactly be model material (harsh reality).Then what can he/she fall back on? The education that they put aside while trying to keep mummy happy?

Yes like i said, setting her up. She's missing out on nothing doing the odd photo. She ain't asked to pose, isn't asked to do anything she doesn't want, just to have fun. She also isn't old enough to miss out on education, so like i previously said, i am very happy to let her be paid for having fun for an hour or so a month, whilst she can.

As for the pageant parents...well thats a parents obsession taken to the extreme...now do tell me the harm in my own personal situation...exactly...none

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy

[quote=lumoruk]wrong...that's all I can say

Is it really wrong setting up your little ones life? My little one does the odd shoot, ive never had to pay, but maybe i've been lucky and gone through friends, then friends of friends etc To be fair, she has a stonking portfolio on the go, and a canny sum in the bank to do with what she likes when i deem her to be "adult" enough. (wonder if she will pay me back my petrol, and time out of her earnings lol.Avvie is a wedding shoot she done, was actually my brothers wedding when the photographer came, ideal setting for him, and she got some spondoolies for her troubles.[/quot

thats what i think we both work hard but in this time and age i dont think it will be enough for her to even put a deposit on a house when shes older so if she dosent mind having the odd photo took of her im not gonna stop her if it helps her when shes older its true though its not what you know its who you know

don't put children into adult hood,do you think modelling is good?

I personally don't agree with it but i guess it's no different to someone encouraging their child to play a sport. Tiger woods parents were pushy and it never did him any harm! I'm on the fence and fortunately my daughter is only 1 week old so I don't have to worry about it!!

Apparently if the company are asking for set up fees they are a big con! I know quite a few girls who have been scammed. Paid for the photo's,being told their child was accepted on the books after paying the fee and heard nothing since.

Reputable companies include:

Truly Scrumptious: 020 8888 4204 trulyscrumptious.co.uk

Elisabeth Smith: 020 8861 1880 or elisabethsmith.co.uk

Scallywags: 020 8553 9999 or scallywags.co.uk

MOT Junior: 01442 863918 or motjunior.com

OP, A s your child is only 6 i would personally consider other options....

1. A paper round, mornings and evenings.

2. Stuffing leaflets in envelopes.

3.Chimney sweep.

Dont do it. Like you. we all think our kids are good enough to be models! ,

Edited by: "LJM" 21st Jan 2011

transit

OP, A s your child is only 6 i would personally consider other … OP, A s your child is only 6 i would personally consider other options....1. A paper round, mornings and evenings.2. Stuffing leaflets in envelopes.3.Chimney sweep.

lol wot about job in mac-d,by the time she is 16,she will be area manager

LJM

Dont do it. We all think our kids are good enough to be models!

yeh like woolworth were selling pole dancing kit for children.what next?

gbspurs

Tiger woods parents were pushy and it never did him any harm!

So what was it that made him the crazed person he turned out to be? Wealth does not always mean happiness.

I had a look into this and my son was signed to Eurokids, never done any work, but got the pics anyways, so it's all good!

I had a look around as I was a little dubious about having to pay, I checked independant sites advising about child modelling, and all stated that you would be charged a fee as the companies representing the kids do the promotion for you. It is different with adults as you can go out and go to castings, take your portfolio round to places etc, whereas little kids cannot do this!

After my sons work permit ran out (they are only 6 months at a time) I never renewed it as I had a rethink, it would have been nice to get him a couple of jobs and get him some money put away, but then again, is it fair to drag your kids to jobs, when they may not be in the best of moods, then they have to act up for the camera......

I am not against it, but if you LO is up for it, and likes posing for photos etc, I don't think it's a bad move especially if the money will be save for them!

parisp

Apparently if the company are asking for set up fees they are a big con! … Apparently if the company are asking for set up fees they are a big con! I know quite a few girls who have been scammed. Paid for the photo's,being told their child was accepted on the books after paying the fee and heard nothing since.Reputable companies include:Truly Scrumptious: 020 8888 4204 http://www.trulyscrumptious.co.uk Elisabeth Smith: 020 8861 1880 or http://www.elisabethsmith.co.ukScallywags: 020 8553 9999 or http://www.scallywags.co.ukMOT Junior: 01442 863918 or http://www.motjunior.com

think you find truely scrumpptous and elisabeth smoth both ask for fees tho .

GeorgyBoy

So what was it that made him the crazed person he turned out to be? … So what was it that made him the crazed person he turned out to be? Wealth does not always mean happiness.

Crazed?? oO He only had lots of sex........he didn't go killing anyone.

^^^^^^ exactly

i wouldn't do it again, i did 1 photo shoot with my son, there was so much waiting around, turned into a stressful situation, if its somthing he wanted to do when hes older then i would help and support him

i wouldnt let my kids do it, i would hate the thought of how many peadofiles were looking at them in a mag............
Edited by: "StevenBrown" 22nd Jan 2011

StevenBrown

i wouldnt let my kids do it, i would hate the thought of how many … i wouldnt let my kids do it, i would hate the thought of how many peadofiles were looking at them in a mag............

I wouldn't even think about it. If you worry about that then you'd never let your kids out the house.

Banned

I'm sure Michael Jackson never charged £100 !

I can't believe so many people have given their opinions- yet again- when the OP hasn't asked for them. They asked if anyone knew of any companies. It's up to the OP if they allow their child to model.

im sure anyone who posts on hukd expects opinions thrust upon them

StevenBrown

im sure anyone who posts on hukd expects opinions thrust upon them

Not everyone does. I have got used to it and expect a battering every time I post, but I think it's time people stop it. It's not fair when people ask for advice that they all jump down their throat!

It's catalogue modelling for kids in the North West of England, I highly doubt there will be any coke fuelled Hollywood style parties to ruin a six year olds life.

Besides cute kid does not mean good looking adult so it may only last a couple of years.

Exhibit A
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID15166/images/haley-joel-osment.jpg
Sloth want a baby ruth!
Edited by: "Ungreat" 22nd Jan 2011

StevenBrown

i wouldnt let my kids do it, i would hate the thought of how many … i wouldnt let my kids do it, i would hate the thought of how many peadofiles were looking at them in a mag............

Candidate for most stupid statement ever.

Syzable

I wouldn't even think about it. If you worry about that then you'd never … I wouldn't even think about it. If you worry about that then you'd never let your kids out the house.

Exactly.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764024
    2. Better watch out for these...1017
    3. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports813
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846094

See more discussions