Groups

Child modelling agencies, anyone used any??

I know everyone thinks their child is beautiful but my son really does shine in front of the camera and I thought I would give it a shot for some extra pennies for him. Obviously I know there are lots of dodgy companies out there and wondered if anyone has any experience of modelling children and can recommend any good places. Ideally midlands based.

38 Comments

serious question, why do you want to do this? for the money?

not having a go or anything, just curious like

hassony;6505733

serious question, why do you want to do this? for the money?not having a … serious question, why do you want to do this? for the money?not having a go or anything, just curious like

Have to agree - dont see why people do it - if there kid is cute they are cute but dont make a decision for them

Original Poster

Because he genuinely enjoys having photos taken. We have had lost of photos taken as a family and he has never had a bad photo taken. He is 4 so it's not like I have decided that I have a beauitiful baby and want to show the world. It may earn us a few extra pounds to put in his bank account and maybe put towards a nice treat as a family. I'm not expecting to earn much from it and I'm not a pushy parent, I just think he has a really photogenic face and is a natural in front of the camera. By the way I have 2 other children and wouldn't think about it for them as they are not that way inclined.

Original Poster

Smithers37;6505816

This is wrong and you're sick.

..and you base this on???

By the way if you look at the post I haven't asked for peoples opinions I am asking if anyone has any good or bad experiences of companies. I'm not doing anything illegal or harmful to my children, so please, if you are going to be rude post elsewhere!!!

wookiemummy;6505825

..and you base this on???

he's a REAL DOCTOR, and a FULLY GROWN MAN! DOCTOR TRAN!!!

Smithers37;6505816

tad harsh:?

Exploit the child while you can I say, it'll be bleeding you dry for the next 20 years so why not.

Original Poster

iNSOMANiAC;6505867

Exploit the child while you can I say, it'll be bleeding you dry for the … Exploit the child while you can I say, it'll be bleeding you dry for the next 20 years so why not.

LOL :-D but not my reasons for doing so!!!

Smithers37;6505816

Do you write to catalogue's and magazines who use childrens pictures and say this? All the woman is doing is trying to get a bit of cash for her kid, she's doing the decent thing and researching companies rather than go to first company she can find. I say well done to her!!

In response to OP, cant help as never used one. My kids are cute, but arent keen on being photographed.

Banned

[url]www.pimpmychild.com[/url]

Smithers37;6505816

Slightly dramatic if u ask me:roll:

I can undersand why people would want to do it to be honest, to show off their kids....it's called being proud! And of course sorting a nest egg for the the childs future. Although, I do also wonder if it's a good idea to put ur kids to work at such a young age lol:w00t:

wookiemummy;6505882

LOL :-D but not my reasons for doing so!!!

good luck with it

try to enrol your son at the "Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too"

Banned

we all think out children are beautiful, but if you really believe he has what it takes then research online and send some photos off

dont go with models direct

Banned

wookiemummy;6505821

Because he genuinely enjoys having photos taken. We have had lost of … Because he genuinely enjoys having photos taken. We have had lost of photos taken as a family and he has never had a bad photo taken. He is 4 so it's not like I have decided that I have a beauitiful baby and want to show the world. It may earn us a few extra pounds to put in his bank account and maybe put towards a nice treat as a family. I'm not expecting to earn much from it and I'm not a pushy parent, I just think he has a really photogenic face and is a natural in front of the camera. By the way I have 2 other children and wouldn't think about it for them as they are not that way inclined.

If your baby needed to lose 10lbs in a week to get the cover, could it manage it?

What about animals? Could it ride on the back of a small lion?

i hope you have a thick skin .

My little boy and girl model... the only child model agancys i would suggest would be elizabeth smith and norrie carr ... both have been around for a long time and both one of the 1st child agency .

Edit : my children have done alot of well known brands. My little girl is picked more than my little boy but i think its because she is a very pretty little girl with lots of blonde curly hair and her eyes are very unusual like jasmines from alladin like almonds but slanty lol

Two,three years ago, my son ( now 6 year old) was spotted by agent in the airport and arranged for free photo take, but the day before the appointment, my son trapped over and had three stitches on his face.:-(
    another time, when we went to a photo shop for family photo, the owner offer free service for uses of my son's photo.
    sorry, i can't find the contact Number now.

Banned

Smithers37;6505816

Its hardly like shes pushing drugs on him, get real!!!

Banned

The only thing ive heard about it is that a lot of agencies want you to be based in london and not to trust any agencies that ask for money

Good luck with everything huni xxx

Banned

Dimpler;6506563

Two,three years ago, my son ( now 6 year old) was spotted by agent in the … Two,three years ago, my son ( now 6 year old) was spotted by agent in the airport and arranged for free photo take, but the day before the appointment, my son trapped over and had three stitches on his face.:-(another time, when we went to a photo shop for family photo, the owner offer free service for uses of my son's photo. sorry, i can't find the contact Number now.

English man, English!

juicyx;6506022

i hope you have a thick skin . a lot of pe

careful boys i think there's a sniper around h

dregan;6507279

I'm lo

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. Some people are so negative. I do not intend to pay a penny to anyone but I will have a look around and send some photos. I will try elizabeth smith and norrie carr and see how I get on. If he gets £50 out of it it will be a bonus if not then so be it.
    Thanks again

hannah19790;6505921

Slightly dramatic if u ask me:roll:I can undersand why people would want … Slightly dramatic if u ask me:roll:I can undersand why people would want to do it to be honest, to show off their kids....it's called being proud! And of course sorting a nest egg for the the childs future. Although, I do also wonder if it's a good idea to put ur kids to work at such a young age lol:w00t:

This is not the same thing - but is in a way ......................when my son was 8 we visited a local radio station. cut a long story short...............they let my son have a go in the training room ............told me that he was very good and naturally chatty and would I like him to go 'live' on air for a little bit with the current DJ............mum said yes..

Fate played a hand that day as they were on the look out for a young child around age 8 to start doing a childrens radio show every saturday.................well my son has been doing this show on his own every saturday and is just fantastic!!! He was even on BBC Newsround as Scotlands youngest DJ ...................

So OP it is all down to being proud of your children and showing them off - but without exploiting them. My son is a wee celebrity where we live as been in papers loads and tv few times too - and he is only ten now.

good luck with what you decide!

My girl has been with Rascals for 3 years now has done lots of work they are a genuine agency it's not exploiting she loves it and gets money in her savings account for when she's older.You don't have to go to lots of castings just do what they are happy with,they love seeing themselves on tv or on posters in store it has no negative affect as long as it's your childs choice not just for yourself,also most agencys charge a yearly fee and unless you can do your own professional photos you pay for these as well but usually they make back lots more than paid out.

netmums.com/cof…tml

loadsof chit chat here about good bad and experiences

dimebars;6506847

English man, English!

oops.
    sorry, English is not my first language.

Dimpler;6508536

oops.sorry, English is not my first language.

there is no need to apologise, dimebars is renound for his "humour"

bitseylango;6508548

there is no need to apologise, dimebars is renound for his "humour"

gosh, you make me feel better now. thanks

Dimpler;6508575

gosh, you make me feel better now. thanks

no worries, you will get used to people around here, we are all a little different :-D:-D

dregan;6507279

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz265/dimpler/BMZBZ4CAW6UJVNCAUXLH39CAI2RYJ4CA1LP.jpg

bitseylango;6508590

no worries, you will get used to people around here, we are all a little … no worries, you will get used to people around here, we are all a little different :-D:-D

sure, will people around here get used to my English? or, they may have to?:oops:

Dimpler;6508798

sure, will people around here get used to my English? or, they may have … sure, will people around here get used to my English? or, they may have to?:oops:

they will have to.....dont let it stop you posting, your english will improve once you get addicted to this place ( although I think your english is fine anyway) :thumbsup:

bitseylango;6508836

they will have to.....dont let it stop you posting, your english will … they will have to.....dont let it stop you posting, your english will improve once you get addicted to this place ( although I think your english is fine anyway) :thumbsup:

thanks .that's mean alot, as i am shy.http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz265/dimpler/6ZKL2MCAWWVDP3CAR21CV2CA3D73TECAPMK.jpg

where r u from dimpler?

jasonrat;6509030

where r u from dimpler?

hi, i was born in same place as this twohttp://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz265/dimpler/Panda2-m.jpg
    and, my Chinese as bad as my English .

Dimpler;6509276

hi, i was born in same place as this twoand, my Chinese as bad as my … hi, i was born in same place as this twoand, my Chinese as bad as my English .

i am in Cheltenham
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1828
      2. word association Game74044546
      3. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller88
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2495

See more discussions